Menu

Leftover turkey ideas.

Clarita

Spicy white chili is our favorite. Though I think when the recipe was first printed it was with a finely diced jalapeno pepper (or maybe half a pepper) instead of the canned chiles. Anyway, that's what we do. We make this once a year with leftover T-Day turkey and several other times a year with a rotisserie chicken.

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/chili/spicy-white-chili/

• Like 1

Thanksgiving leftover casserole. 
I make sure I make enough gravy, mashed potatoes and stuffing. Easy enough to make more of this. Just layer mashed potatoes, shredded turkey, gravy, any leftover veggies (I just like using frozen mixed veggies, top with stuffing. Pour a little turkey or chicken stock to moisten. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until hot. Uncover for last 15 minutes to let top crisp up.

It's what my son looks forward to the most.

Since I'm Chinese, we make turkey congee the morning after as well, and turkey pot pie shows up later in the week. 
Edited by calbear
  • Like 1

I've been making a hash from left over turkey for breakfast. I slice or dice some red onion, and if I had other veggies on hand would use them too, and then the turkey and a bit of precooked bacon. Then I fry up a patty of leftover mashed potatoes, and top it all with a fried egg. 

I'm also going to make pasta tomorrow, with turkey and a basic white sauce and some mushrooms. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 1

My leftover turkey was made into 2 pot pies yesterday. One for dinner last night and one for the freezer. I expect I'll pick a very cold day in January to eat the other one.

Another option is to dice up the turkeyand put it in a skillet with chorizo or packaged taco/fajita/carnita seasoning and any combination or all of the following diced:

onions
corn
squash
bell peppers
chillis
potatoes
garlic

Then put scoops of that in a tortilla, taco shell, bowl of rice or bowl of lettuce and top with cheese and/or salsa.