Menu

Let's Tackle Wednesday Together

TravelingChris

Hi all, woke up in serious pain at 4 am but doing much better now.

Breakfast

Betterhelp counselor appt

Put out compost bin

Go to at least one store

Call Amex as to why they didn't give me my credit on uber like they should have last month

call my orthopedist and tell about my severe lymphodema that has gotten so much worse after surgery, plus my walking issues- dh says I now have scoloisis

call my primary care

call my neurologist for medication refill

much more I will add later4

• Like 6

@TravelingChris, I'm glad you are feeling better now!

Good morning! I woke up twice during the night and had trouble going back to sleep. I moved to the couch the second time and was able to go back to sleep and slept late. 

• meals (not sure when the kids will be up, so it will be a short order kitchen for most of today.)
  • get ds to help with leaves in the yard
  • get ds to help me putting together my piece of IKEA furniture (dh is limited with his hand restriction and it will be good for ds to do)
  • grocery store for a couple things that one was out of last night
  • look for some decor to go on the furniture
  • play a game with kids
  • maybe watch the first half of LOTR Two Towers if gf is up for it
  • work some more on my sewing project
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

I got up, took blood sugar reading and medication, started the dishwasher, fed the starter and went back to bed.

Actually up now. Making coffee and b’fast. 

Today will be mostly deskwork/electronic chores.

Hopefully a walk since it’s pretty outside and rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Possibly a super quick grocery trip for a few things. 

Dinner is scallops with mango chutney, rice, green beans, and a spinach salad. 

• Like 6

Good morning everyone-glad your pain has subsided @TravelingChris. Today will be a busy day mostly in the kitchen. 

Make the desserts for tomorrow's meals-to carry to Mil's and our meal here-done

Make the cornbread tonight for tomorrow's dressing

Dinner will be whatever dh decides to pick up-I told him that's what I needed-done

Finish dusting

Maybe do some school work-done

Maybe some laundry-done

Rest when I need to for my leg-done

Edited by math teacher
  • Like 6

Good morning all! 

Got up *early* and tried to go fishing with DH -- well, we went, we tried to fish. Windy, rough seas, and in the hour we were there fishing, not even a nibble, but lots & lots & lots of seaweed. Not just us, either, that was the case for every line in the water. We packed up and came home. 

So, now, today's list:
....coffee
....figure out what needs prepped ahead for tomorrow now that DH is likely cooking the turkey in the oven (due to weather)
....figure out *how* to cook the turkey in the oven
....school with DS
....work on one sewing project or another
....laundry???
....do whatever prep needs doing for tomorrow (thinking make the cornbread for the stuffing; pick/wash the carrots; pick/shred the broccoli leaves for salad; probably DH will do the pie, which means for sure thaw the cherries...; figure out what else.....)
....figure out something to make with leftover beef fajita meat, that *isn't* more tacos/Mexican food
....after dinner, hopefully watch the original Ghostbusters so we can watch the new one this weekend
....whatever I'm forgetting

• Like 5

Howdie, happy Wednesday!

So far pretty quiet over here.  My only unusual to-do is to get visa photos done for myself and the kids.

Done:

• Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Pup stuff.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, electronic school stuff, calendar.
  • A little client work.
  • Working on coffee 3!

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Pick kid2 up from horse riding.
  • All 3 of us to FedEx store to get visa photos done.
  • Hopefully get the kids to do leaf blowing and stuff.
  • Walk the pup.
  • "Yoga etc."
  • Some reading.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

Picked up milk and mom’s replacement debit card, did a quick grocery trip and hit the library. 

ETA: Green beans are steamed and in the marinade. Groceries put away. Scallop juice wiped up in the fridge - they thawed faster than I expected! 

One electronic chore done, but not sure I did it correctly. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning, all!

Dh and I left early to pick up pies, prime rib order.  Have to go back in the morning for the pecan pie, not ready yet.  We had breakfast while we were out, so that was nice.  On my list for the day:

• make cranberry sauce and buttermilk dressing
  • chop onions and celery, make the dressing
  • clean bathrooms
  • dust mop floors, vacuum this evening, wet mop
  • text the boys to bring back all of my storage containers😄. They take food home, never bring back the containers.  
  • wash china, set table (maybe the last time we'll do this as a family/my mom is 90, loves the traditional Thanksgiving)
  • lots of coffee, hopefully get in some reading here and there
  • laundry

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Got the turkey that I ordered along with some salmon for other meals.

Need to bake pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie  and cook the cranberries. More than the pie the boys like pumpkin bread with warm cranberry sauce on top of it with a scoop of ice cream that "gets melty in the sauce". The pumpkin bread recipe was my sisters so I think of  her whenever I bake it.

Looking over my christmas gift list to see what else I need to look for and buy.  

• Like 6

Okay, I am *so glad* I'm popping in here, b/c I am more than an adequate cook, but not really great at prepping/planning (see yesterday's "stopped every aisle to run thru my whole list to see what I needed" post...) - you guys are filling in all the blanks of what I need to be doing ahead of time. Thank you!

So, I ate lunch, took a nap, going to do school (DH is doing pie things) and then will do all of the stuff I need to do:
...make cornbread
....chop onions/celery
....clean/chop broccoli leaves for salad
....cook cranberry sauce
....wish I had a recipe for warm pumpkin bread to eat with warm cranberry sauce and ice cream
....wish I lived close enough to Scout for scallops and mango chutney for dinner tonight
....give a resigned sigh and come up with something to do with the leftover fajita meat instead
....roast the pecan pieces for the salad for tomorrow

• Like 6

Spent over 2 hours on YNAB and my checking acct and   I am still out of balance almost $60.00. It was reconciled 10 days ago, this can't be so hard. ARGH!!! 

Trying to do the online application for school for next year for my son, but the email verification seems to be not working....

Switching to dinner prep. 

When do I get a vacation or a break?

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

wish I had a recipe for warm pumpkin bread to eat with warm cranberry sauce and ice cream

Pumpkin Bread  2 large or 4-5 small tins  350* 60 minutes

1-15 ounce can pumpkin

4 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2/3 cup water

3 cups sugar

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking powder

optional;1 teaspoon nutmeg,1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1 cup walnuts 1 cup raisins or craisins, 1/4 teaspoon ginger

Mix oil sugar and eggs add pumpkin and water. Sift dry add to wet  If adding nuts and raisins will probably need 3 pans.

grease & flour pans bake

Edited by history-fan
  • Like 5

((hugs, @ScoutTN))  I found myself, for the first time ever, at a loss for words when someone said "drop any notes of encouragement below" and realized, wow, I really am just still/constant bundle of stress these days....I get it. (((Hugs))) Rest, that really seeps in, would be fantastic.  (mine is not even from all the doing, just all of the everything else). 

• Like 5

While I did school with DS, DH was down here prepping for the pie and also made the cranberry sauce. Yay!

Now I've got the cornbread cooking for the stuffing, carrots harvested for tomorrow (they are adorable and small, but should be enough for just us), will add some of the carrot tops to the salad to give a variety with the broccoli leaves, and am heading back in to chop veggies. 

Picked out which turkey recipe to use. 

Gave up trying to repurpose beef fajitas into anything other than more tacos, so that will be fine for dinner. 

Got DH's Christmas gift hidden in a kid closet upstairs. Whew! 

Back to work....

• Like 5

veggies are all chopped -- I had the wrong stuffing recipe at first, so chopped wrong, but found it in time to fix it. Whew.  Moved the right recipe to the front of the binder. 

Cornbread is made, cooling so I can crumble it. 

Kitchen is cleaned of my mess; not touching DH's b/c not sure which things he is done with and not; he's coming down soon to do the pie. 

• Like 5

Went to make the cornbread and realized, no, the boys took those pans also😆

I went to get some pans, ds2 called, crying.  Our golden hurt his leg, had surgery, had his 3rd visit today.  Xrays showed cancer filled up gap where they inserted the pins.  Vet recommended putting him down immediately.  

In the past two months, we lost my fil, dd had an accident at college, needed extensive reconstructive surgery on her leg, had to take a medical leave, dear golden fluffy broke his leg,   Dh had knee replacement surgery.  I want this train of life to slow down for awhile.  

The vet's daughter offered to come to our house this weekend, give us time to give him an awesome Thanksgiving celebration.  This dog has been our rock for 13 years.  I'm now looking up awesome dog treats to make for him...  

• Sad 6

@readinmom, I'm so sorry about your dog! I hope that the rest of this year will go far better than the last couple of months. 

@TheReader, I'm sorry you are so stressed! Hoping you can get relief soon. 

@ScoutTN, hope you can get that account figured out and the application going! 

Ds, his gf, and I took care of the leaves this afternoon. I hadn't worked on the back yard at all, so it was a lot and took a long time. I ended up picking up dinner for us. Dh has a tournament game tonight. Ds is playing a video game and will help me with the furniture when he is finished. 

We won't watch a movie since dh is gone, but we might watch Hawkeye when he gets in. 

• Like 5

I have been "on" almost all day despite getting almost zero client work done.  However, we did get the visa photos.

I took the pup for a walk tonight after dark.  I guess I forgot how to walk in the dark, because I tripped and fell over some uneven pavement.  Got a hole in my jeans, long johns, and knee (just a minor scrape).  Scared my pup, but at least I had the presence of mind to keep hold of the leash.  Although I didn't really hurt myself, I am feeling it kind of all over my body now.  😛

3 of us worked together to get the pup's nails trimmed again.  Hoping to do it no less than weekly, since we let it go too long previously.

I opened 4 or 5 delivery boxes of Christmas gifts and hid the contents.

I placed a new Amazon order, mainly for my parents' Christmas gifts.

I'm close to being done with Christmas purchases, though I want to buy one additional item and maybe some small goodies.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SKL said:

I have been "on" almost all day despite getting almost zero client work done.  However, we did get the visa photos.

I took the pup for a walk tonight after dark.  I guess I forgot how to walk in the dark, because I tripped and fell over some uneven pavement.  Got a hole in my jeans, long johns, and knee (just a minor scrape).  Scared my pup, but at least I had the presence of mind to keep hold of the leash.  Although I didn't really hurt myself, I am feeling it kind of all over my body now.  😛

3 of us worked together to get the pup's nails trimmed again.  Hoping to do it no less than weekly, since we let it go too long previously.

I opened 4 or 5 delivery boxes of Christmas gifts and hid the contents.

I placed a new Amazon order, mainly for my parents' Christmas gifts.

I'm close to being done with Christmas purchases, though I want to buy one additional item and maybe some small goodies.

Uneven pavement causing a lot of grief the last few days.

• Like 3

Gave up and let YNAB make a $58 correction. Yikes! 
Got the application done as far as I can tonight. I really like this school and I hope Ds can go. 
Dinner was meh. 

NOT feeling up for TG, but I cannot skip the take my mom to Cracker Barrel part. I think I will stay home after that and skip my in-laws, though. 

Making tea and headed to bed to read.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, math teacher said:

Uneven pavement causing a lot of grief the last few days.

Yes- I have fallen before from that.  And crumbling pavement tool  That nature walk I liked at first turned into a 6 month nightmare- including a week in the hospital in March and probably over 10K paid by taxpayers for my medical expenses--- I am on Tricare, the military insurance.  And it most cost an enormous amount for taxpayers in general with workmen's comp, Medicaid, Medicare. etc.   But usually not that much for the locality maintaining the sidewalk.

• Sad 1