Menu

My mom's friend is being taken off life support tonight. @##$%& Covid!

Faith-manor

She became septic, her white blood cell count dropped to nothing, and her organs are shutting down. She will not regain consciousness to say goodbye. One family member is at the hospital, and everyone else will have a zoom by tablet or notebook or something like that.

Mom is not handling this well. I mean, I didn't expect her to either.  However, her BP is through the roof, migraine, and shaking. My brother took her to the local hospital where they got it down right away and sent her home. It was surprisingly fast. But they don't treat covid patients, and normally are not busy. I have to pick up our youngest from college tomorrow, a 14 hr.round trip. I found another person from her church who is fully vaxed, covid cautious, recently boosted. She agreed to sit with mom tomorrow. Then I am going to stay with her through Thanksgiving, dh will come and go. So I will likely be offline for a few days. She has some craft things she would like to do, and though they aren't all that interesting to me, I think she needs me to do them with her.

If I said that I am pandemic weary, I would be making the understatement of the century. Anyway, everyone here take care! Take care, take care, be safe, and hug your family. Regentrude, I hope you are okay. I am so sorry about your dad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 51