Menu

PSA: Airline "Code Share" flights (DD saved $214.00 USD for a one way flight)

Lanny

Four days ago, DD received an email from Delta Airlines. They extended the duration of her flight from Munich to Atlanta by 20 minutes.. That made her very tight connection illegal. Their system moved her to a flight that would arrive in RDU about 4 or 5 hours later. At night. First thought was to change it and then second thoughts were to stay with what Delta changed it to.

For various reasons, her Origin and Destination cities changed yesterday and she cancelled the original reservation and Delta will issue a Refund to her Credit Card acccount.

I always begin on Google Flights. The Delta web site seems to have issues with the Chrome browser, but it works fine for me with the Firefox browser.  Yesterday,  DD could not see a lot of things I was able to see on the Delta Airlines web site, so I assume that she was using Chrome.

Now to the money saved with the help of Google Flights yesterday.  DD will originate from an airport in Germany on KLM and connect to a KLM flight in Amsterdam and then connect in Atlanta to a Delta flight to her destination in NC.  The two (2) KLM flights are "Code Shares" with Delta Airlines.

Google Flights showed the fare was 901 Euros if booked on Delta and 1090 Euros if booked on KLM.  Google Flights showed the cost savings was $214.00 USD.  DD booked on Delta...  She will get the Frequent Flyer miles (approximately 4500?) in her Delta Airlines account.

Thank you Google Flights!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2