Menu

Anna Duggar baby

Elizabeth86

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems odd, given the Ashley Madison scandal, but each to their own. As for him, his trial is Nov. 30, and a paralegal on Reddit had been downloading the court documents and going through them. I have read some of them. The witness list is getting long and if his lawyers bring up "character witnesses" for him, the prosecution will be allowed to bring up the molestation of his sisters and the babysitter as proof of this being an ongoing issue, character flaw. The names have been redacted, but not well so it is obvious that one of the sisters in on the witness list for the prosecution if this occurs. No certain idea who, but my guess would be Jill since she is already estranged from her family, and has been open about seeking professional, licensed counseling for it.  The new list also includes an inmate a county lock up (cellmate) of Josh's after his arrest. That doesn't bode well because it means this guy is saying that Josh said something incriminating in jail. But again, who knows. The evidence pile is sooo deep, I don't have the time and inkling to wade through it.

His defense has lost every motion to date. And he has turned down the plea deal. Given the mountain of evidence against him and the fact that DOJ prosecutors have a very high win rate for CSA cases, I think he is going to prison. I do not know why he didn't take the plea because his sentence will be a lot worse this way.

There is also a lawsuit from Jill, Jessa, Jana, and Joy because due to being minors when the molestation happened, the police/social services report after the mess post-Oprah interview was supposed to have been redacted in such a way as to make it extremely difficult to ascertain the identities of the victims, and it was not supposed to be available through the Freedom of Information request by the journalist. So the state of Arkansas released it in violation of the law, and of course their right to privacy. My guess is they will receive a cash settlement for that, not sure how big because the state is going to probably come back with the soft excuse that they had no privacy to begin with because daddy sold them out for cash for reality t.v. While that is absolutely true and inexcusable, it is NOT a reason to let the state off the hook for violating their privacy protected by law. However, it is always dicey to sue the government. I don't know if Amy signed on to the lawsuit or not.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

That seems odd, given the Ashley Madison scandal, but each to their own. As for him, his trial is Nov. 30, and a paralegal on Reddit had been downloading the court documents and going through them. I have read some of them. The witness list is getting long and if his lawyers bring up "character witnesses" for him, the prosecution will be allowed to bring up the molestation of his sisters and the babysitter as proof of this being an ongoing issue, character flaw. The names have been redacted, but not well so it is obvious that one of the sisters in on the witness list for the prosecution if this occurs. No certain idea who, but my guess would be Jill since she is already estranged from her family, and has been open about seeking professional, licensed counseling for it.  The new list also includes an inmate a county lock up (cellmate) of Josh's after his arrest. That doesn't bode well because it means this guy is saying that Josh said something incriminating in jail. But again, who knows. The evidence pile is sooo deep, I don't have the time and inkling to wade through it.

His defense has lost every motion to date. And he has turned down the plea deal. Given the mountain of evidence against him and the fact that DOJ prosecutors have a very high win rate for CSA cases, I think he is going to prison. I do not know why he didn't take the plea because his sentence will be a lot worse this way.

There is also a lawsuit from Jill, Jessa, Jana, and Joy because due to being minors when the molestation happened, the police/social services report after the mess post-Oprah interview was supposed to have been redacted in such a way as to make it extremely difficult to ascertain the identities of the victims, and it was not supposed to be available through the Freedom of Information request by the journalist. So the state of Arkansas released it in violation of the law, and of course their right to privacy. My guess is they will receive a cash settlement for that, not sure how big because the state is going to probably come back with the soft excuse that they had no privacy to begin with because daddy sold them out for cash for reality t.v. While that is absolutely true and inexcusable, it is NOT a reason to let the state off the hook for violating their privacy protected by law. However, it is always dicey to sue the government. I don't know if Amy signed on to the lawsuit or not.

Amy wasn’t his victim, right?

I am stunned she named her daughter Madyson. Just … no words. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lauraw4321 said:

No, but something was released by an official person implying she was a victim or something like that. I am fuzzy about the details, but it seems that her privacy as a minor was violated. It might be related to a mix up in the report as to who the babysitter was at the time. I didn't quite understand it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewIma said:

Ooh... that is awkward. That poor poor family. I hope and pray somehow she and the kids find a way out.

Previously - her brother offered to get her out but she turned him down.  She buys into it, and I'm not holding my breath she'll get the kids out.

27 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

And he has turned down the plea deal. 

He's Innocent!  he's being persecuted for his "christian" faith!  god will smite the persecutors er - prosecutors . . . 

JB gives me the creeps too.

It really bugs me there are people who really think this family is a representation of Christianity.  no, they're not.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, lauraw4321 said:

Right--that poor girl is never going to be able to step away from people snarking on her name.

From Anna's perspective, either this is a passive aggressive attack back at the Duggars or she really is that deep in denial.  Either look is not a good one.  

15? days until trial? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Previously - her brother offered to get her out but she turned him down.  She buys into it, and I'm not holding my breath she'll get the kids out.

He's Innocent!  he's being persecuted for his "christian" faith!  god will smite the persecutors er - prosecutors . . . 

JB gives me the creeps too.

It really bugs me there are people who really think this family is a representation of Christianity.  no, they're not.

One of the oddest claims to me is that he is being persecuted for having images of ultrasounds on his pc.  That is what they are claiming is the cp are about.  Really people, ultrasounds pictures.  Sigh

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

One of the oddest claims to me is that he is being persecuted for having images of ultrasounds on his pc.  That is what they are claiming is the cp are about.  Really people, ultrasounds pictures.  Sigh

I wonder who is making those claims?  do they really believe that's it?   Or is it just what they tell themselves because to believe otherwise goes against their brainwashing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Wow!.very low. Hey JimBob and company, the federal agents who reviewed the "images" committed because they were that vile and horrendous. Get a grip!

They really are gross people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gardenmom5 said:

I wonder who is making those claims?  do they really believe that's it?   Or is it just what they tell themselves because to believe otherwise goes against their brainwashing.

Sadly, this is believed by a group of Christians.  How they can even believe that is so wrong. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere

1 minute ago, gardenmom5 said:

11 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Right--that poor girl is never going to be able to step away from people snarking on her name.

From Anna's perspective, either this is a passive aggressive attack back at the Duggars or she really is that deep in denial.  Either look is not a good one.  

15? days until trial? 

I know. I can't imagine being this kid as a teen and finding out about the Ashley Madison thing, then daddy's trial on CSA, and then being named this. If ever anyone had a good reason to change their name the day they turn 18!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

15? days until trial? 

I'd assume this one.

59 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I'm under the impression the government already filed that they had no privacy to begin with because their dad drug dad before the entire church to confess multiple times.  Which is why the letter was written to Oprah.  Apparently many in the church were disgusted that they were seeking fame instead of getting Josh away from the girls.

18 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Wait, is it totally official she named the kid that? It isn't some joke or rumor?

There's a picture of Madyson Lily with her DOB (I think Oct 23rd) on Anna's Instagram.

• Like 1

Did Anna mention the baby's middle name? I wonder if she picked Ashley, or maybe Ashli, because then nobody would ever make the Ashley Madison connection. 😉 

I mean, "Madyson" is nothing like "Madison," right?

I know a lot of people like Anna, but I kind of wonder if she's dumber than a box of rocks. Did she honestly not make the Madyson/Madison connection, or did she really think if she spelled it differently, that would make all the difference? Or maybe Josh chose the name, just to remind Anna who is in charge, and to keep rubbing it in her face for a lifetime. He seems awful enough to do something like that.

Ugh. That poor baby.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Gag me with a spork.

This! 

These people are stunningly dense. Father in law is running for public office, husband is on trial for up to 40 years of his life, TLC canceled the show yet again over the scandals, but hey, 15 days before trial announce that I named the baby after my husband's affairs and beating up a prostitute incident! Way to put the family back in the spotlight as a prime time horror show. 

Normally I am a whatever floats their boat thing about baby names. But the more I think about it, the worse this one gets!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Did Anna mention the baby's middle name? I wonder if she picked Ashley, or maybe Ashli, because then nobody would ever make the Ashley Madison connection. 😉 

I know a lot of people like Anna, but I kind of wonder if she's dumber than a box of rocks. Did she honestly not make the Madyson/Madison connection, or did she really think if she spelled it differently, that would make all the difference? Or maybe Josh chose the name, just to remind Anna who is in charge, and to keep rubbing it in her face for a lifetime. He seems awful enough to do something like that.

Ugh. That poor baby.

Madyson Lily

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Ugh. That poor baby.

Madyson Lily

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Katy said:

I'm under the impression the government already filed that they had no privacy to begin with because their dad drug dad before the entire church to confess multiple times.  Which is why the letter was written to Oprah.  Apparently many in the church were disgusted that they were seeking fame instead of getting Josh away from the girls.

There's a picture of Madyson Lily with her DOB (I think Oct 23rd) on Anna's Instagram.

Nope. A judge ruled that the case can go forward. Here is an update on local news from just a couple days ago.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/defendants-in-duggar-sisters-privacy-case-file-motion-seeking-ban-of-plaintiffs-using-term-victims/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I have tried to NOT read all the details because it all disgusts me so much...but just the fact that he did not take a plea deal just blows my mind.  It shows a level of arrogance and defiance that makes me sick. What is wrong with him?  

He's a narcissist golden child of a narcissist father, and he was raised in a fertility cult and taught it was not only right but moral to abuse women and children.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

So according to someone on the Duggar subreddit, Anna made this announcement at the exact same time as an Ex-DA was live streaming about thencase, going over all the motions and why they were dismissed, and making comments about how the case will proceed. I checked the time stamps. They did occur together. Could be a coincidence, but I am inclined to think not. The child was born Oct. 23, and the announcement was held until now. That seems like an awfully being coincidence, but who knows!

One thing that did occur to me is that IBLP is very big into fathers having the final say in the naming of children. I hope this was not Josh insisting on this name as a way of just causing Anna more pain, but given his disgusting, pedo mind, that can't be ruled out. He is a slime, and she stayed with him supporting him this whole time. I could actually see him doing something like this to her, and she does not appear to have any kind of spine for going against him.

• Sad 9

25 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Ugh. That poor baby.

I wonder if she was convinced doing this would "show" that she had forgiven the creep.

22 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

This! 

These people are stunningly dense. Father in law is running for public office, husband is on trial for up to 40 years of his life, TLC canceled the show yet again over the scandals, but hey, 15 days before trial announce that I named the baby after my husband's affairs and beating up a prostitute incident! Way to put the family back in the spotlight as a prime time horror show. 

Normally I am a whatever floats their boat thing about baby names. But the more I think about it, the worse this one gets!

he's lost his show - running for office means he can keep the campaign donations even if he loses, he can use them for living expenses.  Or his creepy son's legal bills.

20 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I have tried to NOT read all the details because it all disgusts me so much...but just the fact that he did not take a plea deal just blows my mind.  It shows a level of arrogance and defiance that makes me sick. What is wrong with him?  

You answered your own question.

7 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Sadly she probably has time to get pregnant again before he goes to prison.  

🤮🤮🤮

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Sadly she probably has time to get pregnant again before he goes to prison.  

That depends on if she actually does the six weeks of no hanky lanky post birth like she is supposed to. The trial begins in 14 days which is 38 days from birth, so 4 days short of the six weeks plus if she is nursing at all, combined with so soon after birth, hopefully fertility has not returned. The trial is supposed to last a week, and if convicted, he will be remanded to custody. From what I have read, with charges of this nature, they tend not to leave them out on bail pending sentencing but instead put them in custody and then take those days between trial and sentencing and subtract from the sentence. But anything is possible. Fingers crossed.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Won't that be something to brag about?  8 kids before my husband was sent away for life! 

Maybe that could be the name of a new Duggar TV show. Somebody call JimBob and give him the idea. Suddenly, Josh going to prison might not seem so bad if the Duggars can make money off of it.

Or maybe the show could focus on Josh and they could call it "10 to 20 and Counting."

• Haha 13

Just now, Catwoman said:

Maybe that could be the name of a new Duggar TV show. Somebody call JimBob and give him the idea. Suddenly, Josh going to prison might not seem so bad if the Duggars can make money off of it.

Or maybe the show could focus on Josh and they could call it "10 to 20 and Counting."

Sorry to laugh....it is just so sickening and unbelievable nothing would surprise me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I feel the same way -- I want to joke about the Duggars, yet I feel so sorry for the children. 

I will be living on Alabama when that oldest one comes of age. Sometimes I feel like I should be prepared to drive over to Duggarville, and sit on the roof of my car shouting through a Megaphone, "Mackynzie, if you want to leave, I will offer you shelter and assistance. Run girl, run!" Sigh....

She would not be the first IBLP runaway Mark and I have assisted. She would actually be the nineth. Our other couch surfers were not IBLP. But I am also not as young and energetic as I used to be for dealing with this sh#t! It takes a lot of emotional and physical energy to help them. Stunningly hard work. I don't know if I am up to that again. Hopefully Aunt Jill who has made it out, or cousin Amy will open their doors. 

Edited because I have a hard time keeping the ages of all the M's straight and had the wrong name.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I will be living on Alabama when that oldest one comes of age. Sometimes I feel like I should be prepared to drive over to Duggarville, and sit on the roof of my car shouting through a Megaphone, "Meredith, if you want to leave, I will offer you shelter and assistance. Run girl, run!" Sigh....

She would not be the first IBLP runaway Mark and I have assisted. She would actually be the nineth. Our other couch surfers were not IBLP. But I am also not as young and energetic as I used to be for dealing with this sh#t! It takes a lot of emotional and physical energy to help them. Stunningly hard work. I don't know if I am up to that again. Hopefully Aunt Jill who has made it out, or cousin Amy will open their doors. 

I also find it interesting the 18 yo son who just got married moved to Texas.  Even if he hasn't "come out" opposed to his parents, distance could change his perspective.  (though I don't know what her family is like.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I also find it interesting the 18 yo son who just got married moved to Texas.  Even if he hasn't "come out" opposed to his parents, distance could change his perspective.  (though I don't know what her family is like.)

It is very difficult to imagine that her family could be worse. That is a game of limbo that should not be played. But I swear with some of these IBLP families, they have a lot of "Hold My Beer" lows.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

It is very difficult to imagine that her family could be worse. That is a game of limbo that should not be played. But I swear with some of these IBLP families, they have a lot of "Hold My Beer" lows.

they could be 'good friends" with JB and M.  And support J.  So, I don't know.

Hopefully, the distance is beneficial.

I think Anna is very seriously traumatized, to the extent that denial is protecting her mental health in a way. She was very sheltered as a child and she has seven beautiful, very sheltered children. I think the only thing that could make her sanity worse than being married to a man accused of owning CPS is being married to a man who doesn’t deny it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

It should also be noted that in 2016, Anna and Josh got a dog and named it Lily. 

I leave that with you to ponder. Josh's cheating website + Dog's name = baby name.

Who does that?  It seems abusive.  What is she thinking?

• Like 1

To be fair, Anna’s mother’s first name is actually Lillie. Suzette is her first name. 
https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Suzette_Keller

I honestly think Anna probably doesn’t think of it as the “Ashley Madison” scandal, and she really may not have the emotional connection to the name that we’re assuming she does.  That’s what it’s been called by the media; but I’m sure Anna has her own words for it. 

• Like 3