Menu

Covid testing for travel

theelfqueen

Not too long ago someone posted about Covid tests that you could order and take with you when you travel so you have them on hand for testing on return trips. Can anyone point me in that direction.

I am trying to address the requirements for upcoming trip to/from the UK now that the travel restrictions have been updated, I was waiting for the updates before taking any action.

3 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

That’s what we used to get back from Ireland this fall. They are very simple to use—every step will be done with a live person on your phone. Do NOT open the package until you are ready to use it and are instructed to do so—they literally watch every step. FYI. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MEmama said:

That’s what we used to get back from Ireland this fall. They are very simple to use—every step will be done with a live person on your phone. Do NOT open the package until you are ready to use it and are instructed to do so—they literally watch every step. FYI. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Do travelers have to take a Covid test to get back into the US from Ireland, England, etc. Any other European countries?

We are planning trips to Mexico and Hawaii in a few months and are considering Ireland and possibly England after those. Maybe I should order some of those Binax tests already just in case.

4 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

Do travelers have to take a Covid test to get back into the US from Ireland, England, etc. Any other European countries?

We are planning trips to Mexico and Hawaii in a few months and are considering Ireland and possibly England after those. Maybe I should order some of those Binax tests already just in case.

If you are flying into the US from a foreign country you have to have a COVID test (even if you are fully vaccinated); it is my understanding that if you cross the border from Mexico by land there is not a testing requirement--but requirements can change quickly so it is hard to plan for what will be required/accepted a few months from now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1