Menu

Are there other sites like Transferology that you use?

cintinative

Title says it all. Transferology doesn't have all the colleges we might be looking at, so I am hoping there is another such site.

ETA: by "colleges we might be looking at" I mean probably every college within our price range and 200 miles. LOL. We have no idea.

TIA!

Edited by cintinative

33 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Do you have any crystal balls available?  LOL. 

There should be a magic 8 ball app for that.

Yes, it's hard with a sophomore.  I just thought you had some ideas because your OP said there were colleges you might be looking at.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Yeah, sorry, @cintinative. We, too, just used the colleges' own websites. I assume your DE college uses transferology?

I actually have no idea how I heard about Transferology. I am looking at some courses at TPS that offer college credit from Belmont University and I am trying to figure out what local colleges accept the credits.  I guess I will have to go on the individual college websites. UC is on Transferology, so maybe that is how I ended up there? 😃  It's all a blur. 

• Like 1

Now I am thinking that many of the schools are in Transferology but not many accept these credits.  Good to know.

Okay and I am cracking up because according to Transferology only two of the three Belhaven University classes will transfer to Belhaven University.  

• Confused 1

Transferology is only as good as the info it gets from schools. Also only as current. It’s great for some, not as much for others. It can help you get a baseline, but you will always need to check with the school itself to see how things actually transfer. And if your student has any kind of specialized major like education or engineering or some thing where there’s a very specific and detailed set of courses and not a lot of room for electives, you’ll want to talk with the major department. Sometimes classes will transfer but only as electives, and not filling needed requirements. 

Still, it was a really helpful tool for us and I used a lot for helping us choose the most compatible schools to investigate. 

• Like 3