Menu

Clothing for Christmas photos

Elizabeth86

It's that time of year for me to think of our family photo.  I have outfits picked out for my 10 year old son and my 6 year old daughter.  7e2c83c8a63d39a85b37d69d321c2645eb27b7b7

7e2c83c8a7333a58eae9735ecb30ad899e013511

I could have my 3 year old dd wear one of these 2 dress.  I think the plaid one may look better, but I LOVE the green one way more.  Would it look odd for her to have bare arms with everyone else in long sleeves?  Also, I need something for my 8 year old son.  I was thinking either a solid color sweater or the same plaid shirt as his brother with khaki pants.  

3026511_32QK.jpg

3025432_32QK.jpg

Also I need something for dh and me.  I was thinking about pulling out the red color for some of us? Sorry these pics are so big. Thanks for your help. 

Ah, Gymboree! So nice for matching. Very cute selections.

I'd get the dress you like best. I think it would be fine for her to have short sleeves, but you could add a little cardi. Maybe put your 8-year-old in a green sweater the same color as the 3-year-olds dress? That way you would have two in plaid and two not.

I probably wouldn't do red for you and DH if all the kids are in predominately green and navy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Ah, Gymboree! So nice for matching. Very cute selections.

I'd get the dress you like best. I think it would be fine for her to have short sleeves, but you could add a little cardi. Maybe put your 8-year-old in a green sweater the same color as the 3-year-olds dress? That way you would have two in plaid and two not.

I probably wouldn't do red for you and DH if all the kids are in predominately green and navy.

So maybe navy for dh and green for me?

• Like 1

I'd get the green dress. I think it will look nice - coordinated but not too matchy-matchy. 

I might do a red scarf for mom and a red tie (?) for dad - otherwise, I'd probably stick with green/navy/black. I think a little white in there would be nice too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very cute!

I like the plaid dress because the other outfits feel like navy and khaki with an accent of plaid.  Imo, the green feels disconnected.

I could picture a man dressed like the boy except white button down and red tie under navy vest (if it's a good match colorwise)

I can picture a woman's option.  Navy?

They should sell the plaid in neckties and scarves to help with matching adults!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, happi duck said:

Very cute!

I like the plaid dress because the other outfits feel like navy and khaki with an accent of plaid.  Imo, the green feels disconnected.

I could picture a man dressed like the boy except white button down and red tie under navy vest (if it's a good match colorwise)

I can picture a woman's option.  Navy?

They should sell the plaid in neckties and scarves to help with matching adults!

Do you think the green looks disconnected if my other son wears a solid green sweater?

4 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I can't exactly picture the green sweater but it probably wouldn't feel as disconnected.  As shown it feels like navy, khaki/gold, with plaid accents.  If adding green then maybe the color scheme becomes navy, green, and plaid accents?  

Here is what I was thinking. Can’t tell how well the green matches. Also I can’t figure out how to add pics with my phone, but here’s the link. https://www.childrensplace.com/us/p/Boys-Long-Sleeve-V-Neck-Sweater-3025336-698?sisearchengine=182&siproduct=TCP_CSE&clearppc=1&CAWELAID=520007450002530982&cid=CSE-_-GooglePLA-_-BrandShopping-_-brand-_-00195935101400&catargetid=520007450002412558&cadevice=m&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxNqhgJjo8wIVhODICh3bsQEfEAQYASABEgI9I_D_BwE

43 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

To me, it looks like a good match.

• Thanks 1