Menu

Can we talk about Netflix's show "Midnight Mass?"

Terabith

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

It's a show....seven episodes.  It's kind of horror themed.  

It looks intriguing, and like the kind of thing we'd enjoy; I'll pop back in here after I convince DH to watch it, if you guys are still chatting about it by then. We liked the other things by this person, and are currently watching (well, just finished the current season) Evil, which seems similar-ish in themes. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Terabith, is it hard to watch? I can handle the Walking Dead and Supernatural, but American Horror Story was too much for me.

ETA: Watching first episode now. What's up with all the Neil Diamond? 🙂 

I do not usually watch anything horror-esque, and I only had an issue with a couple of scenes.  I'm particularly intrigued by the role religion plays in it.  

I think the musical score is amazing, but yeah, it is very Neil Diamond heavy!  

• Thanks 1

I probably won't watch it ~ not my thing.  But a pastor I really like and follow is apparently watching it.  He recently said: 

"Midnight Mass is an exposé on what happens when Christians rewrite 1 Cor 13 to read: And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is faith."

As a practicing Catholic and horror fan, I absolutely loved it. I would love to discuss it but I urge people who might be interested in seeing it to not read any reviews about it. The director went to great lengths to keep it pretty hush hush so certain aspects were still surprises to viewers. It is not overly horrific, not in line with American Horror Story so @MercyA you'll be find if you could handle Walking Dead

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, @Terabith what would you like to discuss.  I myself actually have zero criticisms.  I thought every aspect of it was thought out incredibly well and with great attention to detail.  Well except one scene from the end of one episode and the beginning of the next but before I actually criticize it I have to confirm that there is the glaring inaccuracy that I think their is.

3 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

So, @Terabith what would you like to discuss.  I myself actually have zero criticisms.  I thought every aspect of it was thought out incredibly well and with great attention to detail.  Well except one scene from the end of one episode and the beginning of the next but before I actually criticize it I have to confirm that there is the glaring inaccuracy that I think their is.

I'm kinda hesitant to post stuff because I don't want to spoil.  I'm going to make a new thread with spoiler warning posted.  

• Like 2