Menu

Where do you think Brian Laundrie is?

Scarlett

7 minutes ago, katilac said:

I don't think that's right, though; I think it's a misconception as to why they keep prey underwater sometimes - to make large prey easier to tear apart and eat, not because they can't digest fresh meat. 

Alligators will definitely swallow small prey whole, so I'd be interested in anything saying they can't digest fresh meat. I saw one chomp down on a swimming snake once, very cool! 

You're correct, I was wrong.  Or the facts I had to learn in elementary school about them are wrong.  I've looked on sites including UF, Orlando Sentinel, and an Aquarium in the Keys, and they all say they weigh down larger prey to let it rot and make it easier to rip apart, not because of digestion.  Interesting.  Thank you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tap said:

I haven't followed his story aside from tidbits in the news. I think that it is possible that someone in the Vanlife world is likely harboring or aiding him. It would be easy for him to move about the country unseen in a camper style van. Some people who live off the grid, do so to evade authorities. IF he has money or resources, there are people willing to give passage with no questions asked.  I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT saying that Vanlife people are fugitives, but people who prefer to live off the grid, don't always do it for ecological reasons. 

I’m really skeptical there. I have a hard time believing someone trying to lay low would willingly link up with the country’s most known criminal face on a whim.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:17 PM, gardenmom5 said:

Gabby was last seen in the Tetons - Wyoming.  Her body was found in Wyoming - it has the death penalty already.

I think his parents are helping him.   I doubt he's in the reserve where they've been searching.

Oh yes, sorry about that. I have had Montana on the brain because we have been researching accommodations for a post graduation trip with our sons when youngest ds graduates college in the spring. I have spent so much time on Montana sites looking at options, ghat my brain completely fritzed on the fact that it was Wyoming. So sorry!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’m really skeptical there. I have a hard time believing someone trying to lay low would willingly link up with the country’s most known criminal face on a whim.

Agreed. And the VanLife community isn't off grid to weird reasons. Many of them are actually on grid M-F work remote, and off on the weekends. This is really common. I think it is far more likely that he is in a pay cash by the week low brow motel or simply camping alone, laying low, than being harbored by van campers. 

He could be dead, maybe suicide. However, given the actions of his parents, I think it is more likely he was gifted a ton of cash and advice and is just on the lam.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Oh yes, sorry about that. I have had Montana on the brain because we have been researching accommodations for a post graduation trip with our sons when youngest ds graduates college in the spring. I have spent so much time on Montana sites looking at options, ghat my brain completely fritzed on the fact that it was Wyoming. So sorry!

No worries.
The west side of Yellowstone extends into Idaho.  (We stayed in West Yellowstone - right outside a west gate.) The northside of Yellowstone extends into Montana.  But most of it is in Wyoming.

It was a great place to play license plate bingo . .. .Got at least 47 states, incl. Alaska and Hawaii.  Several Canadian provinces too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelli said:

The medical examiner released Gabby's official cause of death today: strangulation. 😢

10 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

Oh the coroner will be announcing the results of the autopsy of Gabby today in a little while.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/gabby-petito-autopsy-results-revealed-as-manhunt-for-her-fiance-stretches-into-5th-week/2679738/
“Wyoming county coroner who ruled Gabby Petito's death a homicide says she was strangled and likely died three to four weeks before her body was found. 
… Petito's body was found on Sept. 19 near Grand Teton National Park, which she and Laundrie visited. The timeframe around which Blue believes she died puts her death near Aug. 27, which is about the date officials say her cellphone was turned off. The last time her mother had spoken with her was two days prior to that.”

Edited by Arcadia
Formatting

38 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/gabby-petito-autopsy-results-revealed-as-manhunt-for-her-fiance-stretches-into-5th-week/2679738/
“Wyoming county coroner who ruled Gabby Petito's death a homicide says she was strangled and likely died three to four weeks before her body was found. 
… Petito's body was found on Sept. 19 near Grand Teton National Park, which she and Laundrie visited. The timeframe around which Blue believes she died puts her death near Aug. 27, which is about the date officials say her cellphone was turned off. The last time her mother had spoken with her was two days prior to that.”

That poor girl! I can't imagine. Yes, technically innocent before being proven guilty, by honestly, I think Landrie has convicted himself without a trial

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I think there is a credible sighting of her and BL in Jackson at that Mexican restaurant on August 27th.  He was angry at the staff and Gabby was outside crying.  I think they got in the van and drove north and were fighting.  Who knows....maybe she said she had enough and wanted to go home. Men like that are the most dangerous when they feel like they have lost their grip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I think there is a credible sighting of her and BL in Jackson at that Mexican restaurant on August 27th.  He was angry at the staff and Gabby was outside crying.  I think they got in the van and drove north and were fighting.  Who knows....maybe she said she had enough and wanted to go home. Men like that are the most dangerous when they feel like they have lost their grip.

Very true. Sociopaths snap when they perceive they can't control their prey. And they just found the body of the missing young woman in Florida. So much violence. It is hard to process.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

She was last seen on August 27th at the restaurant kerfuffle.  A(n odd) brief text was sent from her phone to her mother that day/night referring to her grandfather by his first name. (She didn't call him by his first name, but BL did.)  There was a text sent from her phone on Aug 30? stating there was no cell service in Yosemite. . . . That has to have been a transcription error by a reporter.  Would someone at the Tetons make that kind of mistake?  Please - tell me they wouldn't.  They were in Wyoming . . . 

Her body was found on September 19th. 

That's just over three weeks.   

I'm still amazed there are people on comment threads claiming it could have been some random person. . .  thunk thunk thunk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

She was last seen on August 27th at the restaurant kerfuffle.  A(n odd) brief text was sent from her phone to her mother that day/night referring to her grandfather by his first name. (She didn't call him by his first name, but BL did.)  There was a text sent from her phone on Aug 30? stating there was no cell service in Yosemite. . . . That has to have been a transcription error by a reporter.  Would someone at the Tetons make that kind of mistake?  Please - tell me they wouldn't.  They were in Wyoming . . . 

I'm still amazed there are people on comment threads claiming it could have been some random person. . .  thunk thunk thunk

I think that is what the text actually said.  One of two things.....he was flustered because he had just murdered  Gabby.  Or he was trying to convince someone they had moved on to Yosemite.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Some People still believe OJ is innocent.  And Casey Anthony.  And Scott Peterson.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I think that is what the text actually said.  One of two things.....he was flustered because he had just murdered  Gabby.  Or he was trying to convince someone they had moved on to Yosemite.  

Makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Some People still believe OJ is innocent.  And Casey Anthony.  And Scott Peterson.

yeah . . .. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2021 at 4:53 PM, itsheresomewhere said:

If he is still in the US, I would be surprised.  I think he is not in the country.  

Same. It is SUCH a short trip over to the Bahamas from say, West Palm Beach. And once there EVERYWHERE takes cash. You could eat just on food from street vendors, etc. So I'm betting he paid someone for a boat ride over to one of the islands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Same. It is SUCH a short trip over to the Bahamas from say, West Palm Beach. And once there EVERYWHERE takes cash. You could eat just on food from street vendors, etc. So I'm betting he paid someone for a boat ride over to one of the islands. 

This is what I keep thinking, too.

• Like 1

And having known a bunch of boat bros, for lack of a better word, in that area....most are not eager to engage with law enforcement. Most have issues with authority and a sad number are overgrown children. Not all - but yeah, there is a culture that I could see him finding some haven in if he spins it the right way. Not to mention the people already running illegal drugs, etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

And having known a bunch of boat bros, for lack of a better word, in that area....most are not eager to engage with law enforcement. Most have issues with authority and a sad number are overgrown children. Not all - but yeah, there is a culture that I could see him finding some haven in if he spins it the right way. Not to mention the people already running illegal drugs, etc etc. 

Exactly.  Very easy for him to find the right one for the right price to take him somewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WildflowerMom said:

I saw where partial human remains were found.  Apparently mom and dad went this morning to search a trail frequented by Brian.   I think I read that trail has been underwater lately.  🤷🏻‍♀️

It is all so weird.  But if he is dead it makes me more believe that his parents really did not know where he was.....I don't think they would have left him out there all of this time if they knew he was there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

I saw where partial human remains were found.  Apparently mom and dad went this morning to search a trail frequented by Brian.   I think I read that trail has been underwater lately.  🤷🏻‍♀️

yeah - the trail was under water.

Mom and dad refused to answer on tuesday when asked if they'd been in contact with him.  and they reported shipped a package labeled "meal kit" earlier this week.  also refusing to answer questions.

I hope they have good dental records - or  a DNA sample,  to be 100% certain it is - or not - him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

until there is a 100% positive match of the body to Brian, there will always be suspicion on his parents for assisting him.  How convenient they found a backpack with some of Brians things the day after his parents went there.

especially given their behavior the last six weeks.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

until there is a 100% positive match of the body to Brian, there will always be suspicion on his parents for assisting him.  How convenient they found a backpack with some of Brians things the day after his parents went there.

especially given their behavior the last six weeks.

I don't understand what you mean by 'how convenient'.  

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I was only aware of one found while they searched for Gabby. 

Two found in Wyoming.  And now two in the county park bordering this reserve.  The county park is known to be a homeless camping area, so chances are very high it's just some unfortunate soul who died of a heart attack or drug overdose and has nothing to do with BL.

• Like 2

https://au.news.yahoo.com/seven-dead-bodies-discovered-during-search-brian-laundrie-gabby-petito-092653241.html

Well here is an article that mentions 7.  But that includes the two found in Moab before Gabby even went missing.  And one was found in CA, one in CO, one in NC and one in AL near a WM.  The only one near where Gabby was found was the man who killed himself.  

I mean, we live in a big country.

Just now, ktgrok said:

But why would he be dead? Suicide? Overdose? I mean, it isn't like someone else killed Gabby, then waited and killed BL a month later...so it still makes no sense. 

Why is it confusing that he is dead?  He probably killed himself, or who knows maybe he succumbed to some snake bite because he would not come out and get help.  

• Like 2

Just now, Katy said:

It's extremely unlikely that it's BL.

My total guess?  The cadaver dog found the body a few days ago and they just discovered it when BL's parents were there "helping" to see how they'd react.

Why is it unlikely it is BL?  I am very confused.  I feel like I have missed some big part of this.

• Like 1

If it's human remains and items he would be associated with, on a trail his parents said he traveled, and the water has receded enough after flooding- did they search this trail before, or was it flooded by then?- then I'd guess it's him. People keep saying he was too cocky for suicide. But I think in the case of murder, it's a coward's way out and he seemed just like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Why is it unlikely it is BL?  I am very confused.  I feel like I have missed some big part of this.

Because several weeks ago a saw a news piece that said the county park they're currently in (next to the Carlton Reserve, but not the reserve) is the camping grounds for HUNDREDS of homeless people. Their point was that it was a good place to hide because he can get supplies from organizations who regularly drive out food to donate, there's potable water available there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

But why would he be dead? Suicide? Overdose? I mean, it isn't like someone else killed Gabby, then waited and killed BL a month later...so it still makes no sense. 

When this all started, I really thought this would end up a murder-suicide type thing, just with more time in between the deaths. But his parents’ actions have made it seem that either they know he’s ok, or they set him and got him started on running/hiding and they hope he’s ok, or maybe they just think he’s hiding and hope he’s ok. (That was a confusing sentence!) 

I’m feeling skeptical that the parents just decided to go out and help today, and immediately found some of his belongings. It feels unlikely.

What’s the deal with the parents mailing a package called “meal kit”? That seems unlikely, too—they couldn’t possibly think that would be unnoticed. Is there a source for that? That just seems like it would be intended to generate suspicion. Weird.

• Like 3

Just now, Katy said:

Because several weeks ago a saw a news piece that said the county park they're currently in (next to the Carlton Reserve, but not the reserve) is the camping grounds for HUNDREDS of homeless people. Their point was that it was a good place to hide because he can get supplies from organizations who regularly drive out food to donate, there's potable water available there.

Do you know if this trail was searched when they initially went out, or was it flooded by then? I looked on the reddit site but it's nuts there.