Menu

Common App transcript question

madteaparty

Is the transcript one of those items that once uploaded, it’s gone into common app ether and cannot be updated? I don’t mean updates via a note or addendum, I mean updating  by taking down what’s there and uploading another version. DS has some deadlines this week, and so there will be a transcript uploaded for those, I’m confident 🤣 but I have all his test scores on there. He took a language test and instead of level X, he will have level Y, if he passes. I want to upload a new transcript, not for the applications already in, but for the very many that will be coming after that exam date. I understand this is not possible to do, correct?

thank you.

Edited by madteaparty

I believe this is correct, but I can't remember for sure.  Can you get the testing information to the schools in another way?  We just sent all test results directly to all of the schools, but neither of my sons had anything beyond ACT/SAT/subject test/AP scores.

This is my experience from a couple of years ago, so grain of salt. 

I'm pretty sure that everything on the Common App is reversible until you hit the final, final, submit button.  The one where everything is complete and ready to be sent to colleges.  

Before that you can upload the transcript and see how it looks.  I recall being disappointed that the CA added a wide margin to all my pdf's so I changed my margins to make it look more normal.  I uploaded and deleted documents multiple times to see how things looked and how I could organize my documents in their fields.  

Also, know that the Common App customer service is quite good.  They are responsive and helpful.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

there is an optional report that looks like it allows you to update transcripts and such, and seems to exist for this purpose. I have no idea what the application committee gets, though. For all I know they get the whole copy of the original and also the updated, rather than a replacement, which would seem pretty confusing.