Menu

Prayers needed for a friend (small update in OP-please pray on 10/11)

Tap

It isn't my story to tell and I know some people on here know me IRL so I can't say too much. It would be easy for people to connect me with this friend so I will only say that my friend's pre-teen daughter was almost kidnapped today. He was within arms distance of her. They know who the perp is so it isn't quite the same as a stranger abduction. The police in two states, two countries and the FBI are looking for him. (It was not a family member or friend.) This was absolutely a nefarious kidnapping attempt. 

Please pray for the family. They are a large family, so they are balancing keeping the teens in the loop (so they can keep an eye out) and protecting the littles.  The kids were all split up tonight at unknown (to the perp) safe houses, so the parents know they are safe and out of danger. It wouldn't make sense that this person would return, but he is not sane, so they don't know what he will try and when. 

Please pray for her and her family's safety and peace tonight.. The capture of this horrible person (plus anyone helping him), and the wisdom of the authorities. Tonight wasn't the beginning of this terrible story, but it was a horrific and preventable climax (somebody seriously dropped the ball in protecting her) and the beginning of a long period leading to his capture and trial. 

UPDATE: They found out he has a flight out of the country sometime today 10/11. Please pray today that he tries to board that fight and that Homeland Security can grab him at the airport.  

Edited by Tap
  • Sad 19

7 hours ago, Tap said:

It isn't my story to tell and I know some people on here know me IRL so I can't say too much. It would be easy for people to connect me with this friend so I will only say that my friend's pre-teen daughter was almost kidnapped today. He was within arms distance of her. They know who the perp is so it isn't quite the same as a stranger abduction. The police in two states, two countries and the FBI are looking for him. (It was not a family member or friend.) This was absolutely a nefarious kidnapping attempt. 

Please pray for the family. They are a large family, so they are balancing keeping the teens in the loop (so they can keep an eye out) and protecting the littles.  The kids were all split up tonight at unknown (to the perp) safe houses, so the parents know they are safe and out of danger. It wouldn't make sense that this person would return, but he is not sane, so they don't know what he will try and when. 

Please pray for her and her family's safety and peace tonight.. The capture of this horrible person (plus anyone helping him), and the wisdom of the authorities. Tonight wasn't the beginning of this terrible story, but it was a horrific and preventable climax (somebody seriously dropped the ball in protecting her) and the beginning of a long period leading to his capture and trial. 

Tap, I'm so sorry.  I can not even imagine what they are going through.  I'm just now seeing this and wondering what progress has been made.  Read this with chills on my arms.  Saying a prayer now that they find/capture and sentence this person asap.  

• Like 1

No update yet this morning. I hope they catch him today and that he didn't already leave the country. The country that he is from will work to catch him also, but it would be easier for everyone if he was caught on American soil. 

• Like 1

• Tap changed the title to Prayers needed for a friend (small update in OP-please pray on 10/11)