Menu

Prays needed for newborn

hjffkj

2 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

I recently read this article about an infant catching botulism from the environment. I didn’t know that was a thing. https://www.wral.com/infant-botulism-the-day-i-learned-to-trust-my-mom-gut/19909601/

I could only read part 1. It sounds too familiar to the story my mom tells me of my brother's death. Just replace botulism with meningitis and the fact that waiting for a day or two was what ultimately killed him. 

Thankfully, my sil knew from the cry that there was no way in hell she was going to wait it out. And thankfully the nurses line told her to go to the ER so she didn't need to second guess her instinct. The OT told her that she basically got the baby to the hospital at the earliest they possibly could have. The last time I held the baby was a few hours before she went to the hospital and we all commented on her floppy neck but at 4 weeks old and sleeping it didn't seem to out of the ordinary. The cry is what tipped them off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5