Menu

October Frugalistas 2021

hjffkj

We got the new water softener. We had sticker shock because we figured they were $300. However, most available now or immediately were closer to $600, but we snagged one for $450 after all, praise God. 

I did a christianbook order for some gifts for my household, and 5 other kids in the family. Still have 7 kids to shop for. I am on the lookout for a basic but quality mechanic's tool set for a nephew turning 18 who is into cars. 

Edited by Brittany1116
  • Like 4

On 10/3/2021 at 1:38 PM, mommyoffive said:

I noticed this last week that they have juice in mine.  Several different kinds of Old Orchard juices in the big containers.  We don't drink juice much but I thought with cold and flu season coming I should start getting some.  These would easily be 3-5 bucks at the regular stores. 

We bought a dollar jug of apple juice (unfortunately made from concentrate or labeled cocktail) but I wanted other drink options during the hurricane in case we needed more liquids. We never lost power and I ended up drinking some of it later. I sometimes buy misc things there like garlic toast from the freezer to go with spaghetti dinner night.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

I'm out.  Apparently this just isn't my year to save money.   We bought a car.  I'm done.  Stick a fork in me. 

some years are just like that.  In those years I pull back my expectations A LOT and focus more on mindful spending than saving. 

I certainly feel like the last few months have negated a good portion of the savings I was able to do at the beginning of the year. I'm trying so hard to handle everything without pulling out of our long-term savings and so far have been able to but if things keep piling up I don't know how I'll manage.

• Like 3

The car is a very good deal and we're getting waayyy more for ours than we ever expected to.    We should have this 'new' one paid off by next year, probably July or so.   But I had so wanted to get dh's truck paid off completely before we spent anything else.   But dh has trouble getting in and out of my car because it's small, so he jumped on this one.   I have managed to do well everywhere else though! 🤷🏻‍♀️  It's just like you think you've got things figured out and something comes up.   Every.dang.time. 

• Like 4

I had to buy my 14yo ANOTHER new pair of sneakers. Fortunately, they were the same as his old ones, but at a reduced price, plus 25% off,  plus kohl’s cash.

Unfortunately, I still need to get him larger snow boots and work boots, and it wouldn’t hurt to have back up sneakers... but I’m afraid to get ANY of those in case he grows this week!!!

I also just ordered yet another new toilet plunger and toilet brush, and I’m not going to explain why.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Soror said:

Damn you could about buy one for that much.

I am always a new appliance then fix.   We fixed our stove one time and then it broke a bit later.  Not worth it to me to fix things when I can get a new one with a better brand new lifespan vs fixing it.  Things don't last as long as they used to.  We know that companies actually build things to fail in so much time.   With a big family our appliances last an even shorter amount of time because we are using them so much.  I am also a new car kind of gal.  I always buy new.  When we bought my van 6 years ago I looked at used but they were almost the cost of new with 30-60k miles on it.   No thanks.  We are now going to order a new van from the dealer to replace dh's car.   I was thinking of keeping it for my teens, but I wouldn't want them to drive it in reality.  The car is fine, but it was before cameras on cars were standard.  Having the updated safety features is always worth the $ in my head.  I love my cameras on my van and use them everyday.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I had to buy my 14yo ANOTHER new pair of sneakers. Fortunately, they were the same as his old ones, but at a reduced price, plus 25% off,  plus kohl’s cash.

Unfortunately, I still need to get him larger snow boots and work boots, and it wouldn’t hurt to have back up sneakers... but I’m afraid to get ANY of those in case he grows this week!!!

I also just ordered yet another new toilet plunger and toilet brush, and I’m not going to explain why.

Ha, come on.  Make me feel better about my day!  😉   It was one of those days with one of my kids.   Sigh.

Why do kids have to keep growing?  It drove me nuts when my odd feet kept growing because it meant a new pair of pointe shoes!   I can find regular shoes on good sales, but pointe shoes are so $$. 

• Like 2

I am dealing with plantar fasciitis issues and I was referred for physical therapy twice a week in the city but money is tight so I canceled the second appointment I had scheduled this week. They told me I could hold off on paying but even the gas money was going to be an issue. The cash I have will cover my vendor booth fee and make change for people making purchases. My paycheck does not come through on the same day every month so I’m not sure when to expect it. 

I pray I make a little bit of money at the event tomorrow with my booth but I’ve already broken two needles, spent money on supplies, and realized I do not have enough ribbon to cover either of my wreaths with one pattern…. (silly me for assuming 3 to 4 yards was enough) so I am going to improvise and see if I can add other things to balance it out. I still have a storage unit and I am cleaning it out so that I will not have to pay for it next month. 

I started using Shopkick again but I have all these receipts I keep forgetting to scan into receipt hog and fetch. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WildflowerMom said:

I'm out.  Apparently this just isn't my year to save money.   We bought a car.  I'm done.  Stick a fork in me. 

Girl, btdt. I have also done the whole stick my head in the sand thing. I always regret it. We've had so many expenses this past year (just bought a car last month that I didn't plan on buying- just 3 months after buying another car I didn't plan on buying). I've whined and bitched. Then dusted myself of and refigured the plan. Yes, it changes things. Yes, it sucks. Hard. Any money you do get saved is more than you had, even if it is less than you wanted. We keep working on our sinking savings and then it gets hit, again and again. BUT because we have been working on that saving we had the funds. It is really hard to think about that when your in the midst of it. It always takes me awhile to get my head right after something comes up. I've just got myself settled after the last unplanned car purchase and news about losing my job. It was ugly getting back in the right frame of mind. Lots of nights awake thinking and stressing.  (hugs) I hope the rest of the year goes better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I am always a new appliance then fix.   We fixed our stove one time and then it broke a bit later.  Not worth it to me to fix things when I can get a new one with a better brand new lifespan vs fixing it.  Things don't last as long as they used to.  We know that companies actually build things to fail in so much time.   With a big family our appliances last an even shorter amount of time because we are using them so much.  I am also a new car kind of gal.  I always buy new.  When we bought my van 6 years ago I looked at used but they were almost the cost of new with 30-60k miles on it.   No thanks.  We are now going to order a new van from the dealer to replace dh's car.   I was thinking of keeping it for my teens, but I wouldn't want them to drive it in reality.  The car is fine, but it was before cameras on cars were standard.  Having the updated safety features is always worth the $ in my head.  I love my cameras on my van and use them everyday.

It depends to me on how old the appliance is and how big the fix is whether it is worth fixing. We've done several little fixes on our stove, they were well worth it as it was easy cheap things and it was still in good shape. When we had a repair come up for our washer it wasn't because it had some other issues and things that were on the verge of breaking- besides being 14 years old. I'd prefer to buy cars a few years old so as to not get hit by the hardest depreciation (although my budget has always been more in the range of 5+ yrs or older). Right now things are very wonky with the car market, heck most cars you can't even get at the MSRP. I hope to be able to afford a car just a few years old when I buy my next one. But we'll have to see how the market looks then and what I can afford. Who knows! I have a $$ goal in mind and am shooting for that and then I'll reexamine how prices look- to decide if I can get what I want or do I need to work on saving more and waiting longer. One thing at a time-- although I keep looking and pricing and thinking-- I'm trying to be patient.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Soror said:

It depends to me on how old the appliance is and how big the fix is whether it is worth fixing. We've done several little fixes on our stove, they were well worth it as it was easy cheap things and it was still in good shape. When we had a repair come up for our washer it wasn't because it had some other issues and things that were on the verge of breaking- besides being 14 years old. I'd prefer to buy cars a few years old so as to not get hit by the hardest depreciation (although my budget has always been more in the range of 5+ yrs or older). Right now things are very wonky with the car market, heck most cars you can't even get at the MSRP. I hope to be able to afford a car just a few years old when I buy my next one. But we'll have to see how the market looks then and what I can afford. Who knows! I have a $$ goal in mind and am shooting for that and then I'll reexamine how prices look- to decide if I can get what I want or do I need to work on saving more and waiting longer. One thing at a time-- although I keep looking and pricing and thinking-- I'm trying to be patient.

Yeah I think the thought on to fix it also depends on if you can fix it yourself.   Usually the parts are not that expensive, but having someone do it is where you get the big charges.  Dh has learned to fix a lot of things at this point.   But some if it just doesn't work out that way.   Our dishwasher was 14 ish years old and was ok but the racks were breaking inside.  Those cost of new racks was half the price of a new machine, so we did that instead. 

12 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah I think the thought on to fix it also depends on if you can fix it yourself.   Usually the parts are not that expensive, but having someone do it is where you get the big charges.  Dh has learned to fix a lot of things at this point.   But some if it just doesn't work out that way.   Our dishwasher was 14 ish years old and was ok but the racks were breaking inside.  Those cost of new racks was half the price of a new machine, so we did that instead. 

yeah, we seriously probably could fix this ourselves but we are overextended to the max right now with other house things we are doing ourselves and with helping my brother while the baby is in the hospital.  Neither dh or I have the energy to research the repair so we're just paying it.  Thankfully, one of the projects we are doing ourselves is saving us $1000 so it is completely worth it. If we weren't already doing that we might have delved into this repair.  Usually we replace if we can't repair ourselves

• Like 2

On a fun ebay update:  I've sold 3 items the last 2 days for roughly $60 net profit. This is without listing new items and simply sending out offers.  I also went to Salvation Army while kids were at dance and spent $18 on roughly $200 worth of items just from rough math but of course that can change.  Those items are already in my ebay drafts, once I get pictures they'll be listed.  

I'm aiming for $500 net this month so I gotta keep listing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Tonight I accused Dh of nibbling chicken nuggets on his drive home. Nope. BK has reduced their bag from 10 to 8.

Given the current circumstances, the likelihood of us moving toward an irregular income situation, and my decent little refund on last year’s health insurance premiums, I’ve been beefing up my food storage. (No pun intended.)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

Tonight I accused Dh of nibbling chicken nuggets on his drive home. Nope. BK has reduced their bag from 10 to 8.

Given the current circumstances, the likelihood of us moving toward an irregular income situation, and my decent little refund on last year’s health insurance premiums, I’ve been beefing up my food storage. (No pun intended.)

Yep.  I watched something on the  news this morning too about this.  And the other thing they said about rising prices was shrinkflation.  Yay.  

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah, my grocery budget is running about $15-$25 short weekly. Sucks especially since I budget gas/groceries as one item since they are where I can cut easiest, and gas is way high right now too. DH paid $3.39 this past week. 

Bought another Christmas present today - the honey app alerted me it had dropped in price so 25% cheaper than when I last looked at it. 

• Like 2

Nothing much going on here.  Grocery shopping the other day.  

I am filling out the paperwork for using school funds for ballet.  So paid cash for this month.

Got a free meal for the family for birthday celebration buying using the tickets you get.   The last time we ate out was vacation in June.  Before that was before Covid.  

Just took my under 12s for covid testing so they can audition.  

Got gas.  Still 2.99 here. I know that won't last.   

Just read this

Schumer: Deal reached to extend debt ceiling until December (msn.com)

• Like 1

e-bay sales are trickling in nicely this month.  sold an item for $40 today.  Also, hit up goodwill and found 4 solid brass christmas stocking hangers that I can likely get $80 for.  Just have to polish them up.  Also, a Honda hat I have to do some research on.  Only went to Goodwill because I had a breakdown dropping my sil back off at the hospital after she spent the night away and I just needed to not go home yet and spend some time to myself.

Today the goal is to take pictures of 6 items so when dh gets home tonight I can sit next to him and list while he does some work so he can enjoy his week off  next week entirely.

• Like 4

I'm over here living on the edge I guess. I had one bank account where it overdrafted because of a delayed Amazon purchase draft. I ordered the stuff days ago and it arrived here before Amazon pulled the money. It gave me a false reflection of money available. I was told as long as nothing else came through after it I would not get an overdraft fee. My paycheck just came today, thank goodness.

Meanwhile I got a scary notice from my other bank account that my landlord's check got rejected. How embarrassing!! I logged in to see what happened since I knew I had enough money in there. Well I ordered checks from the bank recently and they said they would charge me when they shipped. Instead, they charged me days after they arrived. I thought the money had already been taken out for the checks. I asked if I could dispute it since the issue was directly related to the bank and they said I have to call back tomorrow to discuss that and in the meantime a $29 fee will process tomorrow for it. I tried to transfer money from bank A to bank B but it wasn't instant so I asked if there was any way to do it faster (I have no physical bank nearby, only an ATM and when I make a deposit that way it is not instant, at least not with cash. It was faster with mobile). So the guy let me do an instant transfer over the phone and I messaged my landlord that he can try to cash the check (it might automatically try twice or maybe he has to take a photo of it or go to his bank to try again). 

Today is my vendor booth! I hope I sell some stuff!! 

• Like 4

DH's overtime was cut today. Bleah. I guess I need to cut the budget for the next few months - probably about $40ish a week. 

@heartlikealion, have you looked at mint or ynab for doing your checking account? There's probably some freebie apps for that as well.

Personally, I like excel and I just have a spreadsheet with only 3 columns - one with the name of who I paid and one with the amount and a calculator with the total. When the item hits the bank account I just highlight the row so I can see what's still outstanding. I'm an accountant though, so I know I like excel and most don't. It looks like this:

Walmart     -122.80            212.80

Paycheck    500.00             712.80

• Like 4

Near the end a woman bought a bunch of stuff. She bought a few items I had and then placed orders for more boot shapers as Christmas gifts. I don't know how to figure out the whole reporting taxes stuff, though. Stbx bought one of my kitchen towels. I'll post pics in my other thread. 

@historically accurateYou're right, I do need to write these things down. I do have an excel spreadsheet with all my recurring bills and monthly expenses but I need to track other expenses better so this doesn't happen again. 

• Like 6

Yesterday:

-bought groceries

-several cleaning goods- tp, trash bags etc

-bought dds 2 and 3 the rest of the winter clothes they needed

It is after the October holiday and I'm still working VIPKID. They sent out an email yesterday that they are going global. We'll see how that goes. I'm certain it will involve a pay cut but most of the jobs out there will be a paycut. I'd rather work for them for a paycut than someone else. I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open for anything else that pops up. But I'm not going for anymore jobs while VIPKID is going unless it is a great job. I don't want 3 PT jobs and won't quit VIPKID until it ends or I get something better.

• Like 4

I canceled Audible after figuring out the last book to get with my one remaining credit (Bad Blood about Theranos - wow, psycho-chic). I downgraded my WW membership so it is only $14/months. I am still deciding whether to reintegrate the piano learning app my son loved last year into our days or to cancel it.

I have to be careful because if I try to be legalistic about spending and set rules to make myself "naturally" spend less (ie, only go to the grocery store infrequently), I always end up rebounding and spending more. If I just track carefully, but without hard and fast rules, I end up saving a lot more money and being happier. The same is true of me and food. Yet, I always find myself drawn to legalism and then burned by it again.

@hjffkjI totally understand about the dryer and the fix. This isn't a good year to buy appliances, and when you have one that is high quality, fixing it often makes sense. That's great about the thrift store finds. I should try doing that next time I take my girls. I go through spurts selling on e-bay. This might be a good time to start again.

@WildflowerMom I echo what the others said. Even if you can't be perfect, even if you are going over every single budget, just tracking can help minimize it and leave you in a better place when the crazy stops. I'm here because we had a spring like that and a summer that was nuts, too.

DH is referring to his business idea as his "night job" and is working about 20 hours a week on it, mostly in the evenings. I really never thought he'd do more than talk about his idea.

ETA: Just edited next week's homeschool schedule to add in daily piano. I'll keep the app and keep my eyes open for a discount to buy multiple months.

Edited by EmilyGF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Target Gift Card Sale Info | Official Hip2Save

Through October 9th, dash on over to Target where RedCard holders only, can score 10% off Target Gift Cards up to $500 with this exclusive Circle offer – valid both in-store and online!

Not only does a Target gift card make a thoughtful gift for just about anyone, perfect for last-minute gifting, but if you’re a regular Target shopper, this would be a smart time to treat yourself too!

That way, if you know you’ll be hitting up Target for Christmas gifts, groceries, and more in the upcoming months it’s like treating yourself to a little extra Target spending money – up to $50 extra, woop woop!   Plus, gift cards can be combined with circle offers, sales, and more so you can save even more!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Near the end a woman bought a bunch of stuff. She bought a few items I had and then placed orders for more boot shapers as Christmas gifts. I don't know how to figure out the whole reporting taxes stuff, though. Stbx bought one of my kitchen towels. I'll post pics in my other thread. 

@historically accurateYou're right, I do need to write these things down. I do have an excel spreadsheet with all my recurring bills and monthly expenses but I need to track other expenses better so this doesn't happen again. 

Congrats on the sales!  Any plans to do more craft booths? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soror said:

Yesterday:

-bought groceries

-several cleaning goods- tp, trash bags etc

-bought dds 2 and 3 the rest of the winter clothes they needed

It is after the October holiday and I'm still working VIPKID. They sent out an email yesterday that they are going global. We'll see how that goes. I'm certain it will involve a pay cut but most of the jobs out there will be a paycut. I'd rather work for them for a paycut than someone else. I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open for anything else that pops up. But I'm not going for anymore jobs while VIPKID is going unless it is a great job. I don't want 3 PT jobs and won't quit VIPKID until it ends or I get something better.

Well that is great news about Vipkid.  Yay.  I hope that they can expand and you can keep working there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

I canceled Audible after figuring out the last book to get with my one remaining credit (Bad Blood about Theranos - wow, psycho-chic). I downgraded my WW membership so it is only $14/months. I am still deciding whether to reintegrate the piano learning app my son loved last year into our days or to cancel it.

I have to be careful because if I try to be legalistic about spending and set rules to make myself "naturally" spend less (ie, only go to the grocery store infrequently), I always end up rebounding and spending more. If I just track carefully, but without hard and fast rules, I end up saving a lot more money and being happier. The same is true of me and food. Yet, I always find myself drawn to legalism and then burned by it again.

@hjffkjI totally understand about the dryer and the fix. This isn't a good year to buy appliances, and when you have one that is high quality, fixing it often makes sense. That's great about the thrift store finds. I should try doing that next time I take my girls. I go through spurts selling on e-bay. This might be a good time to start again.

@WildflowerMom I echo what the others said. Even if you can't be perfect, even if you are going over every single budget, just tracking can help minimize it and leave you in a better place when the crazy stops. I'm here because we had a spring like that and a summer that was nuts, too.

DH is referring to his business idea as his "night job" and is working about 20 hours a week on it, mostly in the evenings. I really never thought he'd do more than talk about his idea.

ETA: Just edited next week's homeschool schedule to add in daily piano. I'll keep the app and keep my eyes open for a discount to buy multiple months.

Yay on your dh's new business idea.  I hope it pans out.  

Keep us updated on if you start the ebay thing.  Sounds like you have success in it already.  

It always helps to look at yourself and how you do best spending, saving, and budgeting.  

• Like 3

-got paid VIPKID and cash back---> 50% of car goal (new)

-found a vanity top for basement bathroom for $10! Had a faucet too! Saved me at least $150. I think the only thing else I need is pipes and fittings as dh has to replumb it but he won't know what until he tears into it (Christmas break). I also really, really want a large mirror to go above- I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on one.

• Like 4

On 10/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, heartlikealion said:

I ordered the stuff days ago and it arrived here before Amazon pulled the money. It gave me a false reflection of money available.

I truly despise charges that don’t register right away. I don’t even want to entertain the reasons behind it, it just drives me nuts. Especially when an order gets split up into multiple smaller charges and I’m left trying to hunt down individual item prices (plus tax, plus shipping where applicable) to keep tabs. Also, when a grocery order puts a hold for a projected amount AND a hold for actual amount. And why does my gas station pend longer than any other establishment? And how stupid that bills paid on Fridays won’t show until Monday?  
I don’t know, man. It sure feels like we have the technology to fix those annoyances!

That said, and even though I do track my stuff pretty carefully, these things are the reason I got a credit card for non-Bill expenses. If (when) I ever screw up, I might have a small amount of interest to pay, but it won’t send everything else off the rails.

• Like 5

-sold shirt on Marketplace (was a Cmas gift for dh from his family he never wore)- to the car fund

- shopping for a bed for dd2- she's decided she no longer wants to share a room with dd3 (it was their idea to share and they absolutely begged for months)- I told her we can buy a bed as an early bday present (her bday is in November). Found 1 for a great price- lady says she still has it and it is still listed but when I tried to arrange a time to buy it she didn't answer. People are so flaky.

-of course dd3 now says she wants to switch back to the other bed she had- that means I need at least a box springs- maybe a mattress (depending on if I keep the one from the twin/full bunkbed. I told her I'm only doing one of these at a time. Maybe bday for her. 

I'd not make either of them pay for such things except the fact that it has been less than a year and they insisted on sharing over our objections. BECAUSE we knew this would happen!  

Looks like this is my last week with VIPKID. The rumors have a lot of substantiation this time. Usually I'm booked for several classes for next week by today- yet no bookings- virtually no one has any bookings. Now, to decide do I go ahead and move my schedule up with Koreans? Still so many unknowns. will anything come of the VIPKID global? How easy would it be to move my schedule back with Koreans if Global takes off? IDK

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Soror said:

-sold shirt on Marketplace (was a Cmas gift for dh from his family he never wore)- to the car fund

- shopping for a bed for dd2- she's decided she no longer wants to share a room with dd3 (it was their idea to share and they absolutely begged for months)- I told her we can buy a bed as an early bday present (her bday is in November). Found 1 for a great price- lady says she still has it and it is still listed but when I tried to arrange a time to buy it she didn't answer. People are so flaky.

-of course dd3 now says she wants to switch back to the other bed she had- that means I need at least a box springs- maybe a mattress (depending on if I keep the one from the twin/full bunkbed. I told her I'm only doing one of these at a time. Maybe bday for her. 

I'd not make either of them pay for such things except the fact that it has been less than a year and they insisted on sharing over our objections. BECAUSE we knew this would happen!  

Looks like this is my last week with VIPKID. The rumors have a lot of substantiation this time. Usually I'm booked for several classes for next week by today- yet no bookings- virtually no one has any bookings. Now, to decide do I go ahead and move my schedule up with Koreans? Still so many unknowns. will anything come of the VIPKID global? How easy would it be to move my schedule back with Koreans if Global takes off? IDK

Oh wow, that is not good with Vipkid.  That changed fast.  So stressful.

• Like 1

Well, that car we 'bought'?   We got it on Carvana and rejected it once we saw it in person on Saturday.  So...I'm back in the savings game!!! 🙌🏼

Dh got some kind of points thing at work and was able to 'cash' them in for gift cards to a restaurant, so we went out to eat for free on Saturday and have $70 leftover to go back a few times.  

I used my birthday money from inlaws to get some gift cards for ds20's stocking.   Just some places he can run to for lunch when he's at work.  Ds20 is back at home for now.  

I got Christmas wrapping paper for $3 from dollar general and got everything wrapped but one thing this weekend.   The wrapping paper is thin and I got aggravated with it, but it's going to get ripped to shreds anyway.

I've started my grocery list and I think I may save a little bit this week.

I made baked spaghetti for supper today and had enough to freeze a whole 9x13 size dish for some other time when I don't want to cook.   

I think I'm going to get an order for 'subscribe and save' from Amazon on several things we need monthly, like dog food and coffee.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Well, that car we 'bought'?   We got it on Carvana and rejected it once we saw it in person on Saturday.  So...I'm back in the savings game!!! 🙌🏼

Dh got some kind of points thing at work and was able to 'cash' them in for gift cards to a restaurant, so we went out to eat for free on Saturday and have $70 leftover to go back a few times.  

I used my birthday money from inlaws to get some gift cards for ds20's stocking.   Just some places he can run to for lunch when he's at work.  Ds20 is back at home for now.  

I got Christmas wrapping paper for $3 from dollar general and got everything wrapped but one thing this weekend.   The wrapping paper is thin and I got aggravated with it, but it's going to get ripped to shreds anyway.

I've started my grocery list and I think I may save a little bit this week.

I made baked spaghetti for supper today and had enough to freeze a whole 9x13 size dish for some other time when I don't want to cook.   

I think I'm going to get an order for 'subscribe and save' from Amazon on several things we need monthly, like dog food and coffee.  

What happened with the car?  I haven't bought a car like that before but it does sound so handy.

Just now, mommyoffive said:

What happened with the car?  I haven't bought a car like that before but it does sound so handy.

It had leaking in the sunroof that didn't show up on the pictures online.    You have 7 days to 'reject' it after you get it (they brought it to our house)--- we just 'rejected' it upon seeing it in person instead of driving it for a few days and then rejecting it.   

• Like 2