Menu

AP Transcript Common App

LSG

My daughter has taken several AP classes through Florida Virtual School Flex (accredited, but she's still a full time homeschooler). Those classes will be listed accordingly on her transcript along with her other home-based classes, but should I include the unofficial course list with grades from FLVS in the Transcript section of Common App?  I planned originally to upload course descriptions and her official transcript; not sure if uploading the FLVS course list will be confusing or if it will instead provide the grade substantiation she's looking for. (I am also assuming that FLVS will not send an official transcript since she is fully a homeschooler?) Thank you so much for any advice you can provide!

I had my main transcript that I created with all my courses.  My dd took a class at CC, PAH, and Stanford OHS.  I took the unofficial transcripts from those institutions and probably appended them to each other or maybe to my main transcript and uploaded them as well, just for confirmation. 

I'm fairly sure PAH does not send unofficial transcripts, but after my dd was admitted I had official transcripts sent from CC and OHS to the college. 

Take a look at the common app transcript upload fields.  IIRC I had 3 spots to upload documents.  You can see how you want to arrange your docs between the fields they provide.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LSG said:

I would not make that assumption; call/email FLVS to verify. I would think that they would be happy to send an official transcript for the classes she’s completed with them. 

Sorry, I messed up the quote. This is what I meant:

“(I am also assuming that FLVS will not send an official transcript since she is fully a homeschooler?)”

Edited by fourisenough

Thank you for the replies!  Essentially I wonder what I'm "required" to do.  In Florida, all test scores are usually on the official transcript, and since she is a homeschooler, not a full time public school student, I didn't want any test scores she didn't want to submit on that FLVS transcript. Since FLVS is a public school, does she has the same requirement to submit an official transcript as a DE student does with the college institution? All of my research hasn't given me a satisfactory answer.  My preference would be to just submit the cumulative grade report, as it shows all of the classes, their weight, instructors, and grade.  I don't know exactly what additional information they might include on the official transcript (I have spent a lot of time explaining our homeschool methodology, her course load, etc, which explains that she has taken these classes for AP credit).  Sorry to ramble and I appreciate your thoughts!

I just reached out to the counselor to ask. She offered yesterday to send it to CA for me so I asked if I could see it.  I got confused with the FERPA waiver bit but I'm also totally fine asking all the silly questions 🙂 Thanks again!

• Like 1