Menu

Let's Tackle Tuesday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning!  I am going back to sleep in a few minutes.  

Make breakfast and do kitchen clearing

Take my Dupixent

Call Imaging Center and TOC and get xrays, mri?????

pay eye clinic

figure out what is wrong with my tooth 

call dental insurance and find out why my claim wasn\t paid

put on to do list to figure out if we should get another dental insurance or if we should have 2 insurances

call other providers and pay what I need to pay them or tell them to file claims with Tticare Supplement

Online speech aphasia clinic

Online Lupus Zoom meeting????

Plan dinners for this week

Make Cobb Salad for tonight's dinner

Figure out what we are watching considering we finished Tiger King last night

Put away rest of laundry

Do  partial fall-- summer swap of clothes

reconfigure thermostat (NEST) to both heat and cool since Thursday to Friday, our temps are going down to mid 40s, 

• Like 4

Good morning!

Dh is off to work. I've had a shower and need to get breakfast soon. 

• meals
  • 3 Zoom sessions
  • errands this afternoon
  • continue sorting/organizing and figuring out how to store the things I want to keep 
  • watch more Poldark
  • play a game, relax
  • Like 4

Good morning! Another overcast day here, though not currently raining.

Return something ✔️ 

Call mom

Figure out dinner ✔️ 

Oil change ✔️ 

Appointment ✔️ 

Online grocery order - some for us, some for this weekend’s trip. ✔️ 

Log a tutoring session from yesterday. ✔️ 

CSA pick up ✔️ 

Figure out consequences for Ds. He did something dishonest and sneaky. Sigh. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

@TravelingChris, good luck with all of the medical bits/payments, but also finding something to watch. My least favorite thing is when we get to the end of a show and sit there trying to find something to watch next. :sigh:  (we're currently watching Alone, Ted Lasso, and waiting on the rest of Evil to release so we can sign up for Paramount+ again, but also now it's football, so.....)

@mom31257,  have fun with all the organizing! I'm really antsy to rearrange lately, but DH says there's really no point. We do need new barstools (if we can find something we like, in stock.....) and bookshelves (same issue)....I need to prioritize that sometime soon. 

@ScoutTN, sorry your DS did something he shouldn't have. 😞  Teen boys are so challenging sometimes. 

• Like 4

Okay, my day today:
.....coffee
....make sure I'm prepped for tomorrow (2nd Grade)

....go to the store for some stuff I need for tomorrow (ant barrier spray for my room, for starters)
....meal plan for the week
....something fast for dinner tonight so Oldest can leave early enough for class
....possibly rest/nap -- yesterday wore me out; Mondays are so great, but so exhausting too
....oh, ha, school with DS -- he has to take his history test, and then we have to do language arts; the rest is on his own

I think that's about it.....have a good day everyone! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

@TheReader, we really like the bookshelves we found. We found them online at Home Depot and Big Lots, all delivered here within 1.5 weeks of placing the order. One was damaged, but it wasn't a shipping problem. It happened in the packaging. We sent it back and ordered another. 

We did have to put them all together, and the Home Depot shelves are a lot more work. The instructions were easy to follow, and the parts were sorted by step. It was just a lot of steps. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mom31257 said:

@TheReader, we really like the bookshelves we found. We found them online at Home Depot and Big Lots, all delivered here within 1.5 weeks of placing the order. One was damaged, but it wasn't a shipping problem. It happened in the packaging. We sent it back and ordered another. 

We did have to put them all together, and the Home Depot shelves are a lot more work. The instructions were easy to follow, and the parts were sorted by step. It was just a lot of steps. 

oooh, that's good to know! Thank you. I'll check out both of those. DH and the boys won't  mind lots of steps! 

• Like 4

Howdie, happy Tuesday!  It's been pretty relaxed compared to the two previous days, LOL.  I've had a bit of time alone with the pup and my computer.  The weather is gorgeous, and we would have gone for a nice walk if my pup didn't think squirrels must be chased.

Done:

• Kids to school a little early, yay!
  • Morning pup duty.
  • A tiny bit of client work.
  • A tiny bit of housework.
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, news, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Practiced my TKD form!
  • Working on coffee 2.

To do:

• Lots more client work.
  • Yoga etc.
  • A tiny bit of reading.
  • Kid2 to horse riding & Kid1 home from tutoring.
  • Kid1 to soccer practice.
  • Make the kids do homework, pup duty, some picking up.
  • Hope to have time to do some things with the kids - catch up on church, calendar, and some other things.
  • Get things ready for morning.
  • Whatever else gets done.

I am thinking that I should make a couple of checklists.  One for daily dog training, to keep us accountable.  One for daily small responsibilities, such as hanging up our used washrags, turning off lights and closing doors when we leave, dirty clothes and garbage in the respective bins, setting alarms, charging our devices, etc.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Good morning!  I am going back to sleep in a few minutes.  I did get more sleep= total was 5 hr 14 min

Make breakfast and do kitchen clearing

Take my Dupixent

Call Imaging Center and TOC and get xrays, mri?????Called the ortho clinic and don't need to do because none were done within the last 6 months

pay eye clinic

figure out what is wrong with my tooth 

call dental insurance and find out why my claim wasn\t paid

put on to do list to figure out if we should get another dental insurance or if we should have 2 insurances

call other providers and pay what I need to pay them or tell them to file claims with Tticare Supplement

Online speech aphasia clinic

Online Lupus Zoom meeting????

Plan dinners for this week

Make Cobb Salad for tonight's dinner

Figure out what we are watching considering we finished Tiger King last night

Put away rest of laundry

Do  partial fall-- summer swap of clothes

reconfigure thermostat (NEST) to both heat and cool since Thursday to Friday, our temps are going down to mid 40s, 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SKL said:

OK but why am I having a headache for the 3rd or 4th day in a row?  😕

asking the same thing. :sigh: 

Normally I get one hormonal migraine a month. Enter perimenopause, and it's ramping up, and now this month I've had the one expected one, then the 3 day one that sometimes happens a few days later, and now when all the other bits finally hit, another migraine coming on. :waaah!: 

Have taken all appropriate meds and hoping that going to bed knocks it out for real/for good. That is the worst part.....sometimes doing all the right things gets rid of it......sometimes not. I really need to figure out what doctor to go to for this, I guess. :sigh: 

Hope you feel better soon!! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheReader said:

asking the same thing. :sigh: 

Normally I get one hormonal migraine a month. Enter perimenopause, and it's ramping up, and now this month I've had the one expected one, then the 3 day one that sometimes happens a few days later, and now when all the other bits finally hit, another migraine coming on. :waaah!: 

Have taken all appropriate meds and hoping that going to bed knocks it out for real/for good. That is the worst part.....sometimes doing all the right things gets rid of it......sometimes not. I really need to figure out what doctor to go to for this, I guess. :sigh: 

Hope you feel better soon!! 

I'm trying to avoid taking Tylenol again, because I don't want to lose whatever I developed naturally to fight headaches when I was younger.  I'm not exactly dying, but who wants to be uncomfortable?  (It also doesn't help that I am stuck in a chair that bothers my back and tailbone issues.)

I could go upstairs and get more comfortable, but I want to stick it out on pup duty until I leave to pick up my kids.  That way my housemate hopefully won't be resentful to be on dog duty for most of the later hours (as my kids & I are busy with sports / driving and homework/client work).

• Like 4

Went to grocer and dental appointment, made youngest well check appointment. It worked out that DH can take him, so yay! 

Reorganized my hair scrunchies, etc. 

Switched out laundry 

Next: shower 

Call Sephora they sent me a gross possibly open mascara that I want my money back

Oh yes and school school school 😂

Also my bday is tomorrow. I want to make meatball Curry and some naan. Almost like my stepmother used to make me. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the neighbors bakery and see if I can find birthday treats for dessert!

Hope the reader and skl feel better! 

• Like 3

3:45, me:  "We'll get home about 4pm and you'll have 30 minutes to get ready.  Your soccer bag is in the laundry room with all your soccer stuff in it.  Your ankle brace is next to the mail holder."

Her:  "OK."

4:00, me:  "We're leaving at exactly 4:30, in the car driving."

Her:  "I know."

Me:  "So don't start asking at 4:31 "where is this and where is that."  Start getting ready at 4:15.

Her:  "I know, I know."

4:25, me:  "We're leaving in 5 minutes."

Her:  "I know."

4:31, me:  "I'm ready to go, are you?"

Her:  "Where are my sports bras?"

4:34, me:  "I'm going to the car now."

4:40, her, in the car:  "Where is my ankle brace?"

Sigh.

Oh and 4:50, her:  "BTW my phone is almost dead, so please make sure you're on time picking me up!"  Really??

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

@TheReader, glad you feel better. Here is the type we got for the living room. 

@SKL, sorry about the headache and the teen not doing as she is told. I know their brains aren't fully functioning, and it really shows sometimes!

@MooCow, I hope you have a great birthday!

Lots of errands and shopping done. I found some good small pieces of decor, including some neat metal pencil holder size cups that have bronze nails down the side. They were only $2 each. 

I ate Five Guys while I was out. So good! Dh ordered a pizza from a new place and liked it. 

We need to put a floor lamp together that came today. 

• Like 4

Oh, goodness, @SKL, that sounds like ours. All of them. Biggest thing is "We are (leaving the house, eating dinner, whatever thing) at xyz time - go to the bathroom now, please"  and then 30 min and 15 min and 5 min reminders......and yet, almost w/o fail, one of them decides they must use the bathroom when we are (supposed to be) walking out the door. 

I mean, toddlers, sure. Teens? Young adults? Guys -- for real. Go when I tell you to. 

• Like 3

@mom31257 - thank you! Those are great. I'll show DH. We really need something that's "furniture-y" like that. 

Had dinner, finished school with DS (yay, me!), still feeling good (yay!!), Oldest is off to his night class, and now I just need to make a fake glacier to put in the freezer for tomorrow (dh says we have the ant spray I need, so that's good). 

Have a great evening! 

• Like 2

Picked up groceries and put them away. Heated up a quiche for dinner bc I was too tired to cook.

Dh and Ds have created lots of drama here today.

SO looking forward to getting away this weekend. Looks like perfect camping weather! 

Off to bed for me; tomorrow is a busy day!

Chemistry help was done by the aunties today.  I think they like showing off their chemistry knowledge ... most of which is not actually what is being covered in the course right now, but whatever.  It was about an hour of assisted homework time, in addition to whatever the teacher did with her earlier.  I must decide how to make sure the teacher knows this was not independent work.

Then geometry homework / study.  Kid has a test tomorrow.  She was having the worst time understanding translation of a figure (slide a triangle from here to there on a graph).  Not sure why this was so hard.  Since tests are 70% of the grade, she needs to do well on them, even though she has 100% on all the homework so far.

Not sure but I think she's still down there doing school work.