Menu

We put an offer in on a house!

ktgrok

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Oh, and my 9 yr old had a bag of french fries for dinner last night, lol. We'd planned on hitting Chik Fil A on the way home, after dropping off my nieces, because it is one of the few places my kid with celiac can get a meal. But the line was snaking out down the street! So we saw a Five Guys sign, and he can have their french fries....but won't eat a bunless burger (plus too messy in the car and with the pandemic we are not eating indoors with unvaccinated kids!) so he just got a big bag of fries. And was thrilled, lol. 

LOL

I have done this. 5 Guys fries have saved me multiple times on road trips. I feel for your celiac child but let him know that celiac adults do the same thing. And, the bag of 5 Guys fries is a lot of fries so hopefully there was a full tummy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

Isn’t it odd how we can all keep what we think is a fairly clean house…and then we move and we’re all like “I am a disgusting human.”

so much dirt!

Oh yes. Over the summer I noticed my wood floor was looking a little dingy (because the sun was shining on it just the right way). I did an exploratory swipe with a wet paper towel. Well.... I've concluded that I live in squalor! It doesn't necessarily look like squalor, but it is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

So excited for you! Isn’t it odd how we can all keep what we think is a fairly clean house…and then we move and we’re all like “I am a disgusting human.”

so much dirt!

there’s cleaning and then there’s moving cleaning. hang in there!

I moved a lot between the ages of 10 and 22. Due to that, this phenomenon was firmly planted in my head. Until I got a back injury in my 30s, I would empty each room completely every year or two to clean it. All the furniture that didn't require reassembly was removed, the floors/walls/ceilings were cleaned. The furniture contents was emptied and wiped down. Carpets were shampooed. walls painted if needed and electrical plates/switches were cleaned/replaced. Mattresses were vacuumed and shampooed if they had any odor (I keep mattress pads on the beds, but they can still get a bit musty in a wet climate). 

I have even gone to the point of taking a table and chairs outside and using the hose to really, really clean the nooks/crannies of the spindles and carvings.  

I really miss being able to clean to that level now. but alas moving that much furniture and doing that much cleaning in one to two days, is too much for my back now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ktgrok said:

That and running around like crazy playing tag and hide and seek with his cousins! 

Seriously, it was like animals that have been living all their lives in a small cage and finally are let out - that's how he was acting. It was fantastic. 

And when we first got there DD11 came running back downstaris and told me, "I was in my room! I have a room!!!!!" and I started crying. Her getting her own room was our number one reason for moving. 

I actually cried for about 5 minutes as we were bringing stuff into the house 🙂

Oh my goodness.  I love this.  Congratulations on the new home!