Menu

We put an offer in on a house!

ktgrok

Did I mention there are WINDOWS and NATURAL LIGHT? My current house is like a freaking CAVE. Not even ONE window in the living room/dining room, just the door sidelights which have curtains over them. ONE window in the family room, that is small, and due to the patio roof shading it never has much light coming in. 

And my oldest and I are SO sensitive to light - we are practically photosynthetic. I HATE how dark this house is. All the ones we are looking at have actual natural light!

Photos will be deleted later - image.thumb.png.f1c6b9c71425f2fdfc2f3289e7cccd5b.pngimage.thumb.png.3a0ec9b48671603e936ec2bf8e3bcbd5.png

image.thumb.png.c0cd197b2453c1af210f73e2cf454398.png

• Like 28

4 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

AHHHHHHH.   I Hope you hear soon.  I keep seeing you post and come to see if you have heard.  It looks so spacious!!!

Well, the pictures of that front room are a bit decieving, it isn't quite as big as it looks. BUT...I don't NEED that room to be big. The family room in the back really is large. And i mean, the house is over TWICE as many square feet as we have now. That's huge!

Just now, Scarlett said:

I love it! Love, love, the light. 

Exactly!

• Like 5

So, the sellers realtor isn't sure if modifying existing offer and initialing is okay, or if he wants a whole new contract, and said he'd get back to us (well, our realtor). She thinks he is just very inexperienced, but it may be that they don't care cause they already are going with someone else, I don't know. 

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Did I mention there are WINDOWS and NATURAL LIGHT? My current house is like a freaking CAVE. Not even ONE window in the living room/dining room, just the door sidelights which have curtains over them. ONE window in the family room, that is small, and due to the patio roof shading it never has much light coming in. 

And my oldest and I are SO sensitive to light - we are practically photosynthetic. I HATE how dark this house is. All the ones we are looking at have actual natural light!

Photos will be deleted later -

That looks lovely! I love natural light and especially hate a dark kitchen. Our current house (bought in May 2020) has a very dark hallway and I hate it. I've been looking at various doors with glass just to let light in there. 

I started to include your photos but then noticed you'll be deleting them so you probably don't want them quoted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Photos will be deleted later - image.thumb.png.f1c6b9c71425f2fdfc2f3289e7cccd5b.pngimage.thumb.png.3a0ec9b48671603e936ec2bf8e3bcbd5.png

image.thumb.png.c0cd197b2453c1af210f73e2cf454398.png

Oooh, light is SO important to me. 

So, new drama!

My realtor has been schmoozing theirs all day. At 6pm their (brand new realtor) asks for mroe financing info. Turns out, the letter the lender sent me, with my "you are pre approved" email stated prequalification in one spot, instead of pre approval. I emailed and left voicemail for lender not expecting to hear back until tomorrow, and sure we'd lose out by then. But..lender emailed me back 20 minutes later - it was a mistake, and he sent me the new, corrected pre-approval letter! So realtor is sending that to the buyer. 

And all this WHILE my husband is on the phone trying to deal with the cell phone company about upgrading a phone and he's asking me questions because it is buy one get one free so what color case do I want, and 4 yr old can't figure out "how to build a claw machine" and my father is texting me about how he doesn't like realtors. (I reminded him he doesn't like people, in general. He agreed, lol)

Now, to dish out the stew I made earlier, and do read alouds with the kids. DD11 got out of her writing lesson with me today because of this...she is not heartbroken at all  🙂

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Kassia said:

I'm sorry this has been so stressful!  Still wishing you the best! 

I expected it. Between the recent drama we had with Wells Fargo, the time Countrywide accidentally sold my home at auction despite us being current, bizarre stuff with our last mortgage application, etc...yeah. I expect nothing less. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, ktgrok said:

I expected it. Between the recent drama we had with Wells Fargo, the time Countrywide accidentally sold my home at auction despite us being current, bizarre stuff with our last mortgage application, etc...yeah. I expect nothing less. 

We just did this stuff when purchasing a condo. It was ridiculously stressful. 

Just now, ktgrok said:

They accepted our offer!!!!!

They even had a cash offer for more, but the seller's agent like my agent, and the sellers liked having a family move in rather than it being bought by a corporation (the letter helped!). 

Now...to make sure financing goes through - they need stuff like a letter showing that DH's teaching job is year round, not a 9 month thing, etc etc. 

I am so happy for you!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

They even had a cash offer for more, but the seller's agent like my agent, and the sellers liked having a family move in rather than it being bought by a corporation (the letter helped!). 

Now...to make sure financing goes through - they need stuff like a letter showing that DH's teaching job is year round, not a 9 month thing, etc etc. 

Wonderful news!!!!

15 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Yay!! That's so exciting!!! Woohoo for natural light!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

That is fantastic! Congratulations! 🎉 

27 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Oh, my goodness, how exciting!!!!

48 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

yay!!!! So excited!!!!