Menu

Tackling Monday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

Dh is off to school, and I'm having my coffee.

• breakfast and lunch for me, dinner
  • 5 Zoom sessions today
  • go to the bank
  • make a list of everything to do before ds comes this weekend
  • work on that list
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!  I think today will be a day to really try to manage my pain.  It hurt so badly when I tried to get out of bed this morning at 6am because I accidentally had set an alarm on my phone that I couldn't help but scream.  I know dh was asleep but I kept trying to get off the bed and my spine was so very stiff that it was super difficult and when I did finally have my feet reach the floor- the pain rose to a 10 and I couldn't help it but scream.    I have taken pain meds and am waiting for them to work.

Shower

Make coffee and breakfast

get ready for betterhelp counseling

Betterhelp counseling

Call Mayo and see if the referral has come

Call physicians who haven\t filed and hospital which hasn\t filed and home health agency that never sent me charges 

get a sleep doctor appt

get a pain ortho  doctor appt

go to dermatologist in the afternoon

pack dd2's care package

senddd2's care package

make dinner

watch Tiger King with dh (I already saw but am rewatching with him--- Carole Baskin was in town last week)

• Sad 4

Good morning everyone!! Today's plan:

Take DH for the first IV chemo treatment

Fix dinner-Scalloped potatoes with ham if I haven't let the ham go bad

Clean the bathrooms

Google Classroom

Maybe go work in my classroom after school if dh is doing ok

Clean the floors

Clean up my phone while waiting at the hospital

• Like 4

Good morning!

Praying for successful chemo for your Dh, @math teacher and pain relief for you, @TravelingChris.

I am trying to get a stubborn boy out the door to an orthodontist appt. before school. He doesn’t want to go bc he hasn’t worn his rubber bands and they will likely put springs on. 

Later:

Tutor three students, spread out through the day.

Oil change

Make dinner

Pick up Ds

Online book group

• Like 4

Ugh I'm gonna start right in with a rant, LOL.

Had the call with my eldest's chemistry teacher, counselor, and principal.  They refuse to let her switch from honors to general chemistry because she isn't failing.  I gave them all the info about her math / reasoning scores, OCD diagnosis, vision problems, and how much help I am giving with her homework (which is the reason she isn't failing!).  She hasn't had a test yet - the first test is this coming Friday.

They insist that the problem is my kid's time management skills.

So this week, my kid is going to the chemistry classroom after school Mon, Tue, Wed, and Fri for one-on-one help to complete her homework.  This will show the teacher what we're talking about regarding ability, and also give me a week off of chemistry homework (I hope!).

I just can't believe they are being so rigid.

Also the principal commented that they don't like receiving a request 5 weeks out.  Um ... my kid formally sent emails to her teacher and counselor on September 7, after 8 days of classes.

Then the counselor took my kid aside and told her maybe she should stop considering a college track if she's that unable to understand what's being taught in class.

OK I am just gonna do a big breathe in and breathe out ... because we all know Big Brother is watching us and we can't say exactly what we're thinking.  LOL!

[PS my kid appreciated what I said in the meeting.  I wasn't sure how she was taking it until she called me later.]

Other than that ... it's been a great day.  Gorgeous fall weather.  Our pup is being adorable.  I have a lot of client work, but nobody is yelling about it this moment.  And I'm mostly alone in the house.  Yay!

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Shower done

Make coffee and breakfast dh made coffee and very simple breakfast

get ready for betterhelp counseling

Betterhelp counseling

Call Mayo and see if the referral has come

Call physicians who haven\t filed and hospital which hasn\t filed and home health agency that never sent me charges 

get a sleep doctor appt

get a pain ortho  doctor appt

go to dermatologist in the afternoon

pack dd2's care package

senddd2's care package

make dinner

watch Tiger King with dh (I already saw but am rewatching with him--- Carole Baskin was in town last week)

I hate having RA and AS and Lupus and Sjogrens, etc.  I was picking up a cup of mocha and dropped it-  mocha everywhere.  So I decided I did need to take more steroid.  It really wore me out all the cleaning I had to do.

Getting ready now to go to dermatologist appt.

I did make a very tasty omelet for lunch for us, and also scheduled heating inspection and bought our Symphony concert tickets for the year--- I had to call since trying to do it online when you need disabled access seating is very difficult.

• Like 3

So my daughter was positive on her first day of after-school chemistry help.  However, she only completed 2 slides which were carryovers from a previous day.  She still has homework, and she says she is going to need my help on it.  😕  I told her to leave it undone and ask the teacher for help tomorrow, but she feels she can't do that.  So I said, OK, I'll help, on condition that I tell her teacher what I helped her with.  She isn't really comfortable with that either, but ....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dermatology appt for both dh and me went fine, except I found out my deep purple lower left leg will always be deep purple unless I walk upside down on my hands, my dermatologist said.  Plus the thing that looks like a bruise on my upper chest is not a bruise, it is a cyst that probably was infected and because of my autoimmune diseases, turned purple looking.  He says to keep an eye out for it and if it starts feeling palpable, I should come back sooner than a year. But no new skin cancer at least and he thought my dh was super lucky because he has hardly any moles at all or freckles at all and he is almost as light as me.  I just really hate how ugly I am becoming because of my diseases. 

I did mail dd2's care package.

Going to call Mayo next.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wrangling with the pharmacy over an Rx they filled incorrectly. Called the doc’s office and letting them fix it. 

Doing a little email catch-up while I wait in my car.

Eta: Doc’s office said they got it cleared up. Headed back into the pharmacy.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

SKL--- I am sorry you are having such awful bureaucracy.  And same to you ScoutTN.

I finally got through to a human at my neurologist and she is sending fax today- now- to the right place with right doctor's name.

About to fax over records request to my rheumatologist.

And I have to answer her question too and ask another.

• Like 3

@TravelingChris, I'm sorry you are feeling badly. And you are not ugly, remember I met you? I am sorry your diseases have caused you so much pain!

@SKL, dh is amazed the school is being like they are about this. Hope it gets cleared up soon. 

@math teacher, praying he does well in the next few days, and that this treatment works. 

I made the list of things to do and have started on it. 

I need to make myself go get started on dinner. Some days I'm just not in the mood to cook. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dinner was turkey teriyaki stir fry, rice, and salad. 

I've been storing several unopened boxes (like a lot!) in ds' room since he isn't living here right now. So I've gone through several of those and at least I know what's in there. I've been able to consolidate some. The empty boxes have gone to the garage. We opened some boxes for the living room bookcases. We got the one bookcase we do have up decorated. 

I really miss the storage space in my old house. We had extra closet space and a bonus room. We had more cabinets in that kitchen, too. I really like some aspects of this house better, though. 

• Like 3

Whew, chemistry help from me was only about 10 minutes tonight.  Yay!  I told my kid I won't email the teacher today, but later in the week if a significant amount of help is given ....

We made it to TKD, so yay for that too.

• Like 4