Menu

Let's Tackle Friday Together

TravelingChris

Hi everybody!  Didn't have the best sleep last night.  I think I slept long enough but I woke up at 2 something in very bad back pain and had a very hard time getting out of bed to go to the bathroom and then take pain meds and the forgotten bedtime meds.  I went back to sleep and then at 5:30 something I woke  up again and had very bad, very painful GERD.  I have been having that happen on and off ever since I went on vacation and drank the super dark coffee (I did add  a lot of cream).  And then I went into the Western Art Museum with a water bottle which they refused to let me have, saying their were water fountains. I didn't tell them it is an ADA thing and hadn't remembered to just put it in my purse.  That really started the very bad GERD.  I had it under control and it wasn't like this for over 20 years,  Now I have to think about making an appointment with my gastro doctor.

Take a shower and style my hair as best I can

Make and eat breakfast

Put weekly medical box together and take medicines

Get ready for cleaning service

Call my orthopedic pain doctor for an appt= he only does shots and things like that- not my prescriptions

Call my sleep doctor and find out about when dentists are there to make sleep apnea dental things

Call my gastro doctor for an appt

call the business offices of a number of medical providers who haven't submitted claims to tricare supplement

figure out where we are staying for football game in Nov

figure out if we are going to Coastal Bird Fair and if so, when

Ask dh about his leave status

figure out when we are going on train trip and who is going w./ us-- probably a day trip but not sure

Make East Asian style dinner-got the meal kit from Fresh Market yesterday

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good morning, Christina. I'm sorry about the bad sleep and bad reflux! Maybe a couple weeks round of medicine for it would help you heal up. 

I slept in a bit today, and I'm going up to see my dad. 

• get ready to go
  • go visit with him
  • go by furniture store about the chairs
  • laundry
  • dinner
  • put together bookcase
  • arrange all my school things on it
  • figure out more decorative things to do in there (It is right off our entryway and very open and visible to the living room, so it feels like we have to make it more than functional. We're trying to do a mix of rustic/industrial things.)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Today:

• Boy to school
  • Grocery pick-up
  • Tutor the student rescheduled from yesterday
  • Set up printer and print a document 
  • Double-check ds’ packing for the campout. 
  • Telehealth appt with my PCP. DON'T FORGET! 
  • Pack a lunch and snacks for Dh.
  • Make dinner? We might order out. Enjoy hanging out with my Dd while our guys are gone!
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Take a shower and style my hair as best I can

Make and eat breakfast

Put weekly medical box together and take medicines

Get ready for cleaning service

Call my orthopedic pain doctor for an appt= he only does shots and things like that- not my prescriptions

Call my sleep doctor and find out about when dentists are there to make sleep apnea dental things

Call my gastro doctor for an appt

call the business offices of a number of medical providers who haven't submitted claims to tricare supplement

figure out where we are staying for football game in Nov

figure out if we are going to Coastal Bird Fair and if so, when

Ask dh about his leave status

figure out when we are going on train trip and who is going w./ us-- probably a day trip but not sure

Make East Asian style dinner-got the meal kit from Fresh Market yesterday

• Like 4

Hope you get over the GERD issues, Chris, and get some rest. 

Amy, rustic/industrial sounds so cool! What a fun vibe. 

Scout, enjoy the time with your dd! 

My day today:

....coffee
....go teach the 5 yr old
....prep 1st Grade
....Do.the.Laundry. 
....Check with DH when I can/should go to my aunt's and pick up a garage sale find she got me
....lunch - leftover pasta
....dinner - DH said he'll do brats
....after dinner - video game/sewing time
....whatever I'm forgetting

Have a good day, everyone! 

• Like 4

Function - my goal for today. 😉 

Yesterday I had taken something to sleep the night before that made me unbelievably dizzy. I couldn’t function until after lunch yesterday. Chris, I’m sorry. It’sa hard choice between sleep and functionality/normalcy. Bad sleep stinks!!

School this AM with littles.

Pick up DD at 11. 

Something for supper?!

Laundry...

Have DD8 take a shower and maybe cut the little girls’ hair.

• Like 4

Finished everything but my paper. Must complete it today. 

Move furniture around to put dgd pack n play in our "office" Master closet. It has three windows. 

Dd is in charge of dinner. 

Zoom meeting @2pm for honor society, the go pickup youngest by three. 

stop drinking so much coffee. Remember to eat. 

Wash hair.

Happy Friday! 

@TravelingChris praying for you! 

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Friday!

Done:

• Pup duty.
  • Kids to school early, yay!
  • Emailed school counselor about kid's history of challenges.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Working on coffee 2?  Or 3?

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Check and update calendar.
  • Hopefully walk the pup?
  • Kid1 - soccer practice.
  • Want to do TKD with both girls.
  • Dinner out.
  • Some minor building/setup projects after pup goes to bed?
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

taught the 5 yr old - she did handwriting today as a dog (pencil in her mouth). Fun times. Good thing I adore this kid.  (we also had lessons on the fact that sometimes the grown-up does win the game, particularly when it's one that's relatively even, and no the grown-up is not cheating to go at normal pace, and no we don't "freeze" our "opponent" so that we can win....nor do we then assign judging to the outcome, award ourselves 5000 points and our opponent 2 points, so that we win after all.......)

Eating lunch, taking a nap, then will really truly for real start some laundry

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheReader said:

taught the 5 yr old - she did handwriting today as a dog (pencil in her mouth). Fun times. Good thing I adore this kid.  (we also had lessons on the fact that sometimes the grown-up does win the game, particularly when it's one that's relatively even, and no the grown-up is not cheating to go at normal pace, and no we don't "freeze" our "opponent" so that we can win....nor do we then assign judging to the outcome, award ourselves 5000 points and our opponent 2 points, so that we win after all.......)

Eating lunch, taking a nap, then will really truly for real start some laundry

My 14 yo could stand a refresher on some of these things! 😉

• Haha 3

So I changed my meeting until end of September. Dh is way too busy to go pick up youngest.

Got my hair all cleaned up and stuff.

Need to print out some amendments again.

Just texted with my daughter she's going to cook dinner tonight.

Put our furniture rearranging until tomorrow so I can concentrate on my paper.

Eat lunch, get back to school, pickup youngest, get back to paper

• Like 3

Slept for ages! Wow. Napped from about 11:45 to 2:00. Bliss! 

Did school with DS

Stopping *right now* to go put laundry in, as same DS is jeansless again and has a party to go to tomorrow, for which he'll want jeans

After that, prep for 1st grade.....will report back once those are both done.....

oh, and figure out dinner, b/c I asked DH when I got home, he said "let's take a nap and then decide" and now here we are at 3 pm with no meat out thawing or anything.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Waiting, waiting for telehealth appt. 

Ok, doc was late, but he is a great doc and I am so happy with my care. He is deep into courses and research on functional medicine and alternative approaches to healing some autoimmune things like my diabetes 1.5 and Hashimotos. He does more than the standard lab tests and is always learning. He is not content with the standard Western medicine approach which would tell me, "Your A1C is fine, your TSH is fine with meds, the end, nothing more we can do." He is excited that I am pursuing diet, supplements, and acupuncture and we are working together to come up with a plan. He listens! He asks questions. A gem, among docs, truly! 

Made a couple AHG calls.
Ordered Chinese food for dinner - not good for my carbs, but I have been super keto all day today and yesterday. Splurge. 
Reminded Dd to do some real things and quit goofing off shopping online.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

@ScoutTN, that sounds like a great doctor! I'm glad you found him. 

My dad volunteers on an excursion train that hasn't been running this year due to problems with the track. They started back this afternoon. I went to the train with him to get a couple of pictures. I wanted to give the head guy my cell number in case they ever need me. They are requiring masks and running at half capacity, so I hope this is going to be a safe thing for him. There's no telling him not to do it, though. He is vaccinated, and I know he will take a booster when he can. 

After I left him, I went shopping in antique stores and small, local home decor stores in his town and on the way back home. I found a couple of items I liked, and I possibly found a buffet cabinet. 

I went to the furniture store, and they gave us chairs off the floor. We still need more than what they had, but at least we have some. They found more in Kentucky and are asking them to send them. 

We are going to eat out tonight. 

• Like 3

Jeans are in the dryer

Whites are in the washer

DH is mowing our front yard and a neighbor's front yard -- neighbor is in the hospital

Dinner is sorted out -- will use already cooked, frozen to use later, pork loin in the recipe for tonight which will be delicious (sundried tomato cream sauce)

The video game the guys were going to play is PC only, so apparently means, no....? So movie night instead after dinner

Made flashcards for DS for his history test (to learn the "Greek Dudes")

Helped/coached DS through wrapping the Bday gift for his friend for the party tomorrow (it's just the D&D gang, so we're pretty okay with that)

Graded all the 1st Grade papers, filed their homework stuff, so everything is all set for Monday

• Like 3

I am almost done with my paper. One more question left....of course each question is about two pages. 

Dd made a good dinner. Youngest unloaded the dishwasher, finally. Someone else did the dinner dishes. I'm craving something sweet, so I'm probably going to eat some apple slices. I didn't eat much of dinner because I only like two spaghetti sauces, and the one dd bought is all chunky, but I certainly wasn't going to complain. 

• Like 2

My fridge is warm! But the freezer is cold. Weird. The lights are on, door shut properly, settings correct. 

☹️😢There went our vacation.

Went to get ice, filled a cooler with stuff for tomorrow.

Called a neighbor and she let us put a bunch of other perishables in her extra fridge. Chatted with her about Monty Python movies.

Called Dh, who is camping at Shiloh with Scouts, to let him know. Did all the things he suggested: flipped the breaker, unplugged and plugged back in, looked for a reset etc. No improvement.

Moved the laundry and put on my jammies. Nothing else to be done tonight. 

Time to read. 

• Sad 2

I'm so sorry @ScoutTN that is horrible! 

I Finished my paper. Turned it in. Everyone is in bed. 

I'm going to read and have another snack. 

Lots to do tomorrow before dgd gets here.

Eta: Scout do you have a habitat for humanity store around you? My neighbor's gone there before and was able to get a used practically new fridge. But that was before covid hit. I pray you're able to find a nice inexpensive one. 

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 2