Jump to content

Menu

Fun thread - They want how much for that?


TechWife
 Share

Recommended Posts

I saw something that made my jaw drop a bit & wanted to share. Then I wondered “What else is out there?” So heading into the weekend I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else has come across items like this. So if you have an outlandish-to-you item that you’ve come across, share it here. It can be outlandish in style, use, color, price, etc. I have a lot of pictures that I’ve taken at Home Goods over the years! Remember - one person’s eyesore is another person’s delight, so some of us may find some Christmas gift ideas, who knows?

I thought this looked pretty, but there’s no way I’m going to pay $115 for one roll of wrapping paper! 
0D4436D0-AEEF-4B6A-AB48-A85D91000C2D.thumb.png.3198c241e4596ca0ed41b23a696f6c34.png

  • Like 6
  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TechWife said:

I saw something that made my jaw drop a bit & wanted to share. Then I wondered “What else is out there?” So heading into the weekend I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else has come across items like this. So if you have an outlandish-to-you item that you’ve come across, share it here. It can be outlandish in style, use, color, price, etc. I have a lot of pictures that I’ve taken at Home Goods over the years! Remember - one person’s eyesore is another person’s delight, so some of us may find some Christmas gift ideas, who knows?

I thought this looked pretty, but there’s no way I’m going to pay $115 for one roll of wrapping paper! 
0D4436D0-AEEF-4B6A-AB48-A85D91000C2D.thumb.png.3198c241e4596ca0ed41b23a696f6c34.png

I’m wondering what’s in the middle of the roll for that price!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I’m wondering what’s in the middle of the roll for that price!

I don’t have high hopes though. The tube looks hollow & empty. Oh well.

 

Edited by TechWife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I was recently at an auction where some items were sold for some crazy prices (a life-size cardboard cutout of a person for $8,000, a pair of rifles for $70K) but it was actually kind of expected because it was a cancer research charity event where participants cheer each other on as they wildly overpay.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

And only an extra$115 for expert assembly 🤦‍♀️! I would love this too. My own cart with no one else's germs. That's awesome!  But, like you, $50 is more in my price range.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favorite source for these things is the neighborhood for sale page. 

The guy selling used floor mats for his vehicle, for a few hundred dollars. 

Or the fridge for sale for $50, which sounds great, until you read "does not cool, needs work...."  (well, I guess that's a steal if can actually repair it)

Or the currently for sale "tall easel" (it is, but for what???) for $50. It's a lovely decorative piece....but, what on earth are you meant to display on it? It's the size/shape of a full length mirror.....but just the easel part of it. No mirror. It confuses me. 

Currently listed is something called a 28 inch "dough bowl" that looks like a long wooden dish (but from the photo I can't actually tell if it's wood or ceramic that looks like wood grain), but it's a long, skinny dish that maybe you'd stack stuff on like those decorative balls of grapevine. Or rolls maybe. It seems very long and very narrow so I'm not sure the relationship to dough, at all.  They want $25 for it, which I suppose is not terrible maybe...? 

We get all sorts of random things for sale in there; it's highly entertaining. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, TheReader said:

 

Currently listed is something called a 28 inch "dough bowl" that looks like a long wooden dish (but from the photo I can't actually tell if it's wood or ceramic that looks like wood grain), but it's a long, skinny dish that maybe you'd stack stuff on like those decorative balls of grapevine. Or rolls maybe. It seems very long and very narrow so I'm not sure the relationship to dough, at all.  They want $25 for it, which I suppose is not terrible maybe...? 

those are super popular where I live.  I would kinda like one (for a dining room centerpiece), but I haven't seen one at a price I would pay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BetsyT said:

those are super popular where I live.  I would kinda like one (for a dining room centerpiece), but I haven't seen one at a price I would pay

I had no idea! The name threw me, as when i saw the title I thought something like a mixing bowl. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...