Menu

Fun thread - They want how much for that?

TechWife

I saw something that made my jaw drop a bit & wanted to share. Then I wondered “What else is out there?” So heading into the weekend I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else has come across items like this. So if you have an outlandish-to-you item that you’ve come across, share it here. It can be outlandish in style, use, color, price, etc. I have a lot of pictures that I’ve taken at Home Goods over the years! Remember - one person’s eyesore is another person’s delight, so some of us may find some Christmas gift ideas, who knows?

I thought this looked pretty, but there’s no way I’m going to pay $115 for one roll of wrapping paper! 
0D4436D0-AEEF-4B6A-AB48-A85D91000C2D.thumb.png.3198c241e4596ca0ed41b23a696f6c34.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, TechWife said:

I saw something that made my jaw drop a bit & wanted to share. Then I wondered “What else is out there?” So heading into the weekend I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else has come across items like this. So if you have an outlandish-to-you item that you’ve come across, share it here. It can be outlandish in style, use, color, price, etc. I have a lot of pictures that I’ve taken at Home Goods over the years! Remember - one person’s eyesore is another person’s delight, so some of us may find some Christmas gift ideas, who knows?

I thought this looked pretty, but there’s no way I’m going to pay $115 for one roll of wrapping paper! 
0D4436D0-AEEF-4B6A-AB48-A85D91000C2D.thumb.png.3198c241e4596ca0ed41b23a696f6c34.png

I’m wondering what’s in the middle of the roll for that price!

• Like 2

Well, I was recently at an auction where some items were sold for some crazy prices (a life-size cardboard cutout of a person for $8,000, a pair of rifles for $70K) but it was actually kind of expected because it was a cancer research charity event where participants cheer each other on as they wildly overpay.  

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

And only an extra$115 for expert assembly 🤦‍♀️! I would love this too. My own cart with no one else's germs. That's awesome!  But, like you, $50 is more in my price range.

• Like 1

My favorite source for these things is the neighborhood for sale page. 

The guy selling used floor mats for his vehicle, for a few hundred dollars. 

Or the fridge for sale for $50, which sounds great, until you read "does not cool, needs work...."  (well, I guess that's a steal if can actually repair it)

Or the currently for sale "tall easel" (it is, but for what???) for $50. It's a lovely decorative piece....but, what on earth are you meant to display on it? It's the size/shape of a full length mirror.....but just the easel part of it. No mirror. It confuses me. 

Currently listed is something called a 28 inch "dough bowl" that looks like a long wooden dish (but from the photo I can't actually tell if it's wood or ceramic that looks like wood grain), but it's a long, skinny dish that maybe you'd stack stuff on like those decorative balls of grapevine. Or rolls maybe. It seems very long and very narrow so I'm not sure the relationship to dough, at all.  They want $25 for it, which I suppose is not terrible maybe...? 

We get all sorts of random things for sale in there; it's highly entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Currently listed is something called a 28 inch "dough bowl" that looks like a long wooden dish (but from the photo I can't actually tell if it's wood or ceramic that looks like wood grain), but it's a long, skinny dish that maybe you'd stack stuff on like those decorative balls of grapevine. Or rolls maybe. It seems very long and very narrow so I'm not sure the relationship to dough, at all.  They want $25 for it, which I suppose is not terrible maybe...? 

those are super popular where I live.  I would kinda like one (for a dining room centerpiece), but I haven't seen one at a price I would pay