Menu

Lightning Lit 6 Errors?

hina

This is my first time using Lightning Lit and it's for a 6th grader. Has anyone used it before and found errors? We're only on week 3 and I believe there are errors in the Answer Key (from the Teacher's Guide) for two problems already.

• Week 1 Day 4 (Wizard of Oz): Collective nouns/verb agreement (pick the correct one): The battalion is/are scattering under the enemy onslaught. (The answer key says "are".)
  • Week 3 Day 1 (Wizard of Oz): "a" and "the" are articles which are types of adjectives (underline all the adjectives): #7 An old, pointed blue hat was perched on his head, and the rest of the figure was a blue suit of clothes, worn and faded. (The answer key underlined all the adjectives including all the "the" and "a" words, but DID NOT underline the "the" in "the rest". Why not?)

Am I incorrect? Or are they just errors? I'm honestly not sure anymore at this point and am second-guessing myself, but I am perplexed by these answers in the answer key. We love the content and lessons but just a bit concerned/confused. 

On 9/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, hina said:

Or are they just errors? 

We used LL4 and found several errors over the course of the year. Like you, we appreciated the content and lessons, so I did not let it bother me. I just corrected and went on. There is no need to second-guess yourself; you are obviously a careful and aware reader.

If LL6 is brand new, you might want to occasionally send the publisher a list of errors you find so that they can correct those in future publications.

And just fyi, I agree with both your points. "Battalion is" and "the rest". 😊

• Like 1

• 3 months later...