Menu

Narrative transcript/class description

Lyssaflin2

Only for college classes. In the course descriptions, I listed the professor's name. I did not specifically state that the other classes were taught by me (it's clear from the materials that we're a homeschool, so I would think that this is default unless otherwise stated).
In the school profile, I explained the setup of our homeschool.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

I noted the teacher in all our class descriptions even if it was me. We've used co-ops, online classes and DE classes it is a lot to track. I also noted it on the transcript:

*Course taught and graded by instructor other than parent through either a co-op class or online class
**Dual Enrollment at Chattahoochee Technical College - official transcript available upon request
***Dual Enrollment at Kennesaw State University - official transcript available upon request

Just be sure you follow the requirements of the schools where your dc wants to apply.  One university in our state specifically requires homeschoolers to provide the name and credentials of all teachers - their degrees and the conferring institutions, if possible.  Crazy, but it's selective and wants to be  sure homeschoolers come in prepared to succeed.  ETA: Less selective schools in the state don't even want course descriptions. It all depends on the school.   

Edited by klmama
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 2:57 PM, klmama said:

Just be sure you follow the requirements of the schools where your dc wants to apply.  One university in our state specifically requires homeschoolers to provide the name and credentials of all teachers - their degrees and the conferring institutions, if possible.  Crazy, but it's selective and wants to be  sure homeschoolers come in prepared to succeed.  ETA: Less selective schools in the state don't even want course descriptions. It all depends on the school.   

Do you mind sharing the name of the university that does this? I'm writing a guide to course descriptions and would love to include this as an example of specific asks from colleges.