Menu

One of DD’s friends was shot and killed last night

I talk to the trees

She was DD’s age. I watched this kid grow up alongside my dd at their dance studio. I didn’t know her or her family well, and she and dd weren’t best buddies or anything, but still…it’s surreal. I can’t wrap my head around it. 

I grew up here. Shootings were almost unheard of when I was in school. Now we have had literally dozens so far in 2021. Why? Just why?

• Sad 72

1 hour ago, I talk to the trees said:

She was DD’s age. I watched this kid grow up alongside my dd at their dance studio. I didn’t know her or her family well, and she and dd weren’t best buddies or anything, but still…it’s surreal. I can’t wrap my head around it. 

I'm so sorry!  What a terrible tragedy and loss.  😞 

1 hour ago, Starr said:

. One of my good friends was shot and killed in our twenties. It's painful to this day. Thinking of you and your dd. 

I'm very sorry about your friend.  My sons were involved in a school shooting where friends were killed and it is still very painful for all of us (9 1/2 years ago).

1 hour ago, Jann in TX said:

My nephew is still in ICU more than a week after he was shot in the neck (random senseless shooting...)...he is still in high school!

Oh no.  Thinking of your nephew and family and hoping for a full recovery.  😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, I talk to the trees said:

I grew up here. Shootings were almost unheard of when I was in school. Now we have had literally dozens so far in 2021. Why? Just why?

So so terrible.I am so sorry.  

They finally released her name to the news outlets. All day I have just been hoping that DD’s dance instructor somehow got it wrong, that there was some mixup. Sadly, that’s not the case. 😔 Thanks for all the kind words, guys. My heart is just broken for her family. 

Edited by I talk to the trees
  • Sad 11