Menu

AU/UK peeps - AUKUS?

Melissa Louise

Just one more depressing decision from the current govt. I can't bear to think about the sheer waste of money and the irony, oh the irony, that people vote them in over economics. Basically their reaction to the climate crisis is that it'll cause war so we need to be ready. Not that we should prevent it by reducing coal mines and planting trees. I really hope they get voted out . . . but I know all they'll need to do is wave tax cuts in front of people, and they'll win. 

• Like 2

I wonder if they figured things are so bad with China it's irredeemable, and so we may as well throw our lot in definitively with the Anglosphere, after the brief Rudd flirtation with Asia. 

Depressing how many ppl thing a nuclear powered sub is the same as a nuclear armed sub! 

Fella from down under can't pronounce nuclear...

Just a really odd group of three. 

13 hours ago, Melissa Louise said:

What do you think? 

God, bad, indifferent? More scared of China than ever before? Brexit damage control for the UK? Anglosphere rushing back? 

Why was Vietnam left out of the ally roll call (I know UK didn't fight but AU did)?

Did Biden really forget Scotty's name? Will this give the Libs/Tories a boost? 

I think it will all get sorted in the wash, and I don't feel like going into further detail on a non-political board.

• Like 1

I thought the pic of Biden, Scott Morrison and Boris Johnson didn’t inspire me with a lot of hope for the “free world”.

Also apparently we upset the French by not including them which is probably not a good idea.

I think the ability to secure shipping around the world is going to become increasingly difficult and necessary for prosperity.  I’ve been a fan of Aus closed border arrangements but it’s 18 months and we do seem so isolated from the world.

• Like 1