Menu

?? Did anyone else update their iPhone yesterday

fraidycat

And does it now prevent you from sending photos and videos via messenger to Android devices?

I did the update last night and now I can't send vids or photos to my husband's phone. I checked all the settings and everything is good there.

Tried turning off and back on.

Now I'm stumped. 😩

3 minutes ago, Katy said:

Everyone I regularly send to has an iPhone, but I’m commenting for more visibility. 

It does look like this has been a common problem in the past and if you Google there are plenty of other steps you could try.

I'll try again. Most things I saw were "contact your carrier so you can send MMS messages", or to do the things I had already done. 

Mine is updated. My kids have Android phones but we use Skype. My husband use WhatsApp on his iPhone for work communications.

For Facebook Messenger, I do not allow access to my photos/videos. So when I want to message a photo to someone, I have to go to my iPhone photos and select the photo and click share to pick Facebook Messenger.

• Like 1

I do not have FB or FB messenger on my phone at all. Just regular old text messages that worked until I did the update last night. 😖

My phone is getting pretty old and in need of replacing soon anyway. Maybe I'll just revert back to a flip phone that can call and text - if they still exist. Do I really need apps and internet access at all times?! No, I don't.

We've updated three iPhones and one old iPad so far and haven't noticed any glitches. But pretty much everybody I know has an iPhone, and I don't know anybody who uses FB messenger. So probably what I'm posting isn't any help. But you have my sympathy. I hate troubleshooting tech stuff.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

I do not have FB or FB messenger on my phone at all. Just regular old text messages that worked until I did the update last night. 😖

My phone is getting pretty old and in need of replacing soon anyway. Maybe I'll just revert back to a flip phone that can call and text - if they still exist. Do I really need apps and internet access at all times?! No, I don't.

Sorry, I thought you meant Facebook messenger. Do you mean Apple Messages?  My iPhone is a 6s.

If I send a text using Apple Messages to my kids (Andriod), I have to pay SMS charges. 

1 hour ago, Pawz4me said:

We've updated three iPhones and one old iPad so far and haven't noticed any glitches. But pretty much everybody I know has an iPhone, and I don't know anybody who uses FB messenger. So probably what I'm posting isn't any help. But you have my sympathy. I hate troubleshooting tech stuff.

It's not FB messenger, just the iMessages app for texting on iPhones but if you send to iPhones, then you probably do not have the glitch anyway.

Thanks for the sympathy.

• Like 1

We've updated our phones and MacBooks (yes, there is a patch for those also).  No glitches here.

Also, for those of you who think this is only an apple issue, uh, it's not.  It's that apple has an explicit security policy that says that their primary client (the device owner) has a right to privacy.  You are most likely to have privacy on apple devices---though that may be changing now that they are losing control of their app store.

• Like 3