Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

Dh is off to school, packed his lunch and breakfast. I have been having some achiness I assume is from the 2nd Moderna shot. 

• meals
  • 2 Zoom sessions
  • research any local but online bible studies I could join
  • prep for classes tomorrow
  • rest if still feeling achy/nap because I didn't sleep well
  • do some sorting/organizing (still have some things we haven't unpacked)
  • get dh to help me start on 2nd bookcase for the living room (putting it together)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I felt very flu-like after my second Moderna shot, Amy. Chills, aches, just generally crummy. Hope you feel better soon! Glad you are vaxed! 

Today:

Ds to school  Dh did this!

Walk! 

Lots of AHG things!  

Contact t-shirt guy.

Pick up CSA box  

Drop off something at a friend’s house  

Set up Apple pay and pay a vendor.

Amazon order -supplements

Set up new printer when it arrives.

Figure out dinner -meatloaf and veggies from my box.

Begin a grocery order - include items for my mom

Read! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning, guys! 

Super sleepy/tired here too; we had Tropical Storm Nicholas last night; the wind was so strange. We could *hear* that it was windy, but the trees weren't moving, like the wind was up higher than the trees or something. Then on the strong gusts, of course, they'd sway and all (and in fact it ended up taking out the main upper trunk of our maple tree, which makes me really sad), but during the main wind it *looked* still outside, but *sounded* windy. Strange. 

Anyway, that had me awake a lot of the night (the winds hit around 2:00-ish). 

So, today, besides coffee & sleep:
....be sure I'm prepped for 2nd Grade tomorrow (we did not, thankfully, end up with the flooding that was predicted)
....do school with DS (history, language arts)
....check with my friend about lunch today, since we didn't flood
....maybe go get frame(s) for some water colors I bought, so we can frame/hang those
....maybe go to the fabric shop, if she's open, and do some shopping b/c when DH went with me on Saturday we didn't really
....or maybe just sign up for a class there on Thursday, and go then
....lunch/dinner
....laundry
....nap, did I mention that? definitely coffee and nap. 
....watch the finale of LegoMasters tonight
....go to bed

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Super sleepy/tired here too; we had Tropical Storm Nicholas last night; the wind was so strange. We could *hear* that it was windy, but the trees weren't moving, like the wind was up higher than the trees or something. Then on the strong gusts, of course, they'd sway and all (and in fact it ended up taking out the main upper trunk of our maple tree, which makes me really sad), but during the main wind it *looked* still outside, but *sounded* windy. Strange. 

We hardly ever have any wind at our house even though it may be blowing 50 mph or more.  While there are mostly no limbs over our house, we are surrounded both on our property and by all our neighbors by an urban forest.  And yes, we judge how strong the wind is by looking what is happening to the trees around us and below us.  The trees are a protectant against a lot of wind damage.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TravelingChris said:

We hardly ever have any wind at our house even though it may be blowing 50 mph or more.  While there are mostly no limbs over our house, we are surrounded both on our property and by all our neighbors by an urban forest.  And yes, we judge how strong the wind is by looking what is happening to the trees around us and below us.  The trees are a protectant against a lot of wind damage.

It's really weird, because we get wind *often* where we are, and these are younger trees, mostly (new development, so the trees were planted then), and usually even just during normal thunderstorms they are all blowing to one extent or another. First time we've ever heard, but not seen, wind. It was so so so so strange. 

• Like 3

Good morning!  I forgot to take my bedtime meds and woke up at 6am by my phone declaring it is time for meds.  I took my bp which was too high 158/87 and then took my muscle relaxant (which also lowers bp), my regular bp med, my forgotten amitriptyline, and the extra clonidine I am supposed to take.  Then while I was eating breakfast, I took the pills that make my bap higher- Adderall and Prednisone, and one other one that lowers magnesium, and now I am so extremely tired because my bp is 96/63-- way too low.  I generally feel crappy if my lower number falls below 70.

To do

Call Tricare Supplement

Call Heart Center billing

Fax releases to Rheumatologist staff

Message rheumatologist asking her to send order for me to be seen at Mayo Scottsdale

Call and make appt with Dr. Garber

get Health Advocate involved in getting me an appt at Mayo

call or message a friend of a friend locally who got their house remodeled for disability so I can get recommendation for engineer/interior decorator/atchitect whoever

call any other providers who haven't made filed with Tricare supplement

pay whoever I need to pay online

another Instacart order

do the CVS order I didn't do yesterday

up my American Express to Platinum and and then schedule Uber for tomorrow and maybe one for today

free aphasia clinic at 10am with Texas Tech University Speech Clinic  ( I should really tell this to everyone here because there are stroke survivors here and others with aphasia or they have family members who have it).

Betterhelp counseling at 1:30pm

Lupus group meeting online-6pm ( we are having an endocrinologist visit)

I will let dh decide on dinner - I have to much to do and I have been cooking most of the dinners lately

book hotel in Birmingham and figure out where we want to stay after the game ( I did get the free tickets to the AL football game against NM State) and what we want to do on Sunday.

find the right sized nuts to fit my new higher bathroom seat with grab bars.  (The nuts that came with the raised seat were too wide for my ancient, awful toilet.)

Do watering routine

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TheReader said:

It's really weird, because we get wind *often* where we are, and these are younger trees, mostly (new development, so the trees were planted then), and usually even just during normal thunderstorms they are all blowing to one extent or another. First time we've ever heard, but not seen, wind. It was so so so so strange. 

Most of our trees across the street are probably 60 or more years old and many on our property are at least 53.   It is hard to tell ages around here because we live in an area where our average rain fall is about 55inches and it has perfect conditions for lots of plants to grow phenomenally including trees, moss, weeds, everything.  Last year, we actually qualified for being a temperate rain forest and while that year was kind of unusual,  we are really enjoying this summer-  we had so few days in the 90s and I don't think anything above about 94.  Our local weather forecaster told us we are definitely all done with any 90s,  our first frost here is mid October usually but we almost always have cold weather at night and above freezing in the day.  Though we can definitely get even temps near 0F since we have had those once in our ten years here but usually our coldest is about 17 or 18 and again it rises usually at least to 28 in those few days and that is above a hard freeze so many plants can survive in winter,  We plant pansies or violas in fall and keep having them bloom all fall, winter and spring.

• Like 4

Happy Tuesday!

I'm back to having two other adults in the house while on pup duty.  Impossible to focus on my work.

I did manage to send an email to my kid's teacher.  If this doesn't work I guess I'll have to call someone.

Kid1 has a hair appointment and a chiro appointment after school.  Probably followed by watching the end of soccer practice.

Kid2 has horse riding.

Then the various homework and such.

And tasks relating to getting ready for "garbage day" which is tomorrow morning.

• Like 4

Oy the school counselor is going to schedule a "virtual team meeting" whatever that means.  Ugh.  Why is this such a big deal?  Kid asks for transfer into general course that almost every 10th grader is taking.  It's not like we're demanding access to something only special people get.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, SKL said:

Oy the school counselor is going to schedule a "virtual team meeting" whatever that means.  Ugh.  Why is this such a big deal?  Kid asks for transfer into general course that almost every 10th grader is taking.  It's not like we're demanding access to something only special people get.

Ugh, I hope they get it sorted w/o too much hassle. 

• Like 3

Lunch = leftover soup/stew from last night

Dinner = baked chicken thighs w/artichokes; took the chicken out to thaw

Have maxed out on coffee for the day and now fighting a mild headache. Oops. (could be air pressure stuff too; will take more meds)

Friend also survived the storm, no issues, so we're meeting for lunch as planned before the storm; will be our last lunch of the year before she heads for her winter spot for the next 6 months

Neighbors lost fences, trampolines, etc., so I guess our tree branch break isn't terrible; need to peek at the roof and make sure it's still okay too; have heard folks lost shingles and such. Lots of folks in the metro area w/o power &/or internet, so we're doing really well by comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Before 7am: Finished 4 things on Monday's list I didn't get to. Just crossed them off there.
Quiet Time
Internship meeting with pastor
Called aunt to make sure she could stay next week for tests
Rescheduled my yearly OBGYN
Called radiologist bill and updated insurance info
Sent 2 finished devotions to R and the edits on the proof sheets she gave me for the other 22.
Created sign-up genius for videotaping
Sent email to devotional writers with the sign up genius link
Sent 2 Facebook messages and 2 texts for missing devotionals

FINISH ROUGH DRAFT OF GALATIANS PAPER DUE TOMORROW
Polish and schedule Saturday blog post
Read chapter 11 and 12 of Acts commentary
Call mom and remind her to call doctors' offices and change online portal to my email ( Their email isn't working.)
Couples devotion with husband
Clean out remaining drawer and under sinks in our bathroom?
Our medical mission board meeting tonight

• Like 4

Had good sleep! 

School school school 

Amazon returns 

Amazon fresh order had no bread or milk. So buy bread, milk and eggs. 

Must exercise! It's been too warm for me to walk.  

@SKL perhaps it's because your child goes to a private school? I know when oldest was in a private school everybody had to attend the meetings. That's probably one of the few reasons why I like public school. Praying there's not a lot of BS and that your daughter gets out of the classes. 

• Like 3

Went to lunch, feeling pretty terrible. Blah. DH told me to cancel, and I should have, but "last chance to see my friend before her 6 months in the winter location". 

Came home, took a nap, feeling much better.  (this is all within the normal pattern of migraines each month, so blah, but not alarming or Covid or anything like that)

Got all the 2nd grade prep done, need to cut/file everything, but it's all printed and ready to go

Grabbing a snack/drink and heading up to do school with DS

• Like 3

did school with ds -- we had finished history, yay!, so only had to do language arts (dh does his science & portuguese and he's independent on math)

dh removed the fallen tree limb, and the 2 dead tree limbs that the storm didn't take down, and we've realized that this split pretty much means the tree is a goner, which is just sad. 😞

I think I shall also make some hot tea, cut/prep my bag for tomorrow, then start laundry, and then will go to the store for stuff I need for science

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, MooCow said:

@SKL perhaps it's because your child goes to a private school? I know when oldest was in a private school everybody had to attend the meetings. That's probably one of the few reasons why I like public school. Praying there's not a lot of BS and that your daughter gets out of the classes. 

My kids go to public high school now.  🙂

I don't know if it's a sign of anything, but my kid's daily work list which comes in an automatic email didn't include any chemistry today.  Normally half the page is chemistry stuff.  I wonder if the teacher cut me off so I wouldn't have evidence of the workload, but I shouldn't read too much into it ....

My kid says there are some number of kids complaining and trying to get out of the class, so I guess that complicates matters for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a headache, blah!  Hope the Tylenol helps.

Kid1 is getting her hair done again.  I was not expecting it to take 2+ hours, so I'm not sure if this is going to cause a problem for her chiro appointment.  Ugh.

My kids' teacher is being investigated for being pervy around his students.  My 14yo was called into the principal's office and asked if teacher had said some foul term that none of us had heard of before.  (He had.)  Not that my kids were all that innocent, but there is a bit of innocence lost here.  Plus, he's still in the classroom, and I only hope none of the kids get hurt.  I don't want to make a big deal in front of my kids, but man I hate this.

Edited by SKL
  • Sad 4

48 minutes ago, SKL said:

I have a headache, blah!  Hope the Tylenol helps.

Kid1 is getting her hair done again.  I was not expecting it to take 2+ hours, so I'm not sure if this is going to cause a problem for her chiro appointment.  Ugh.

My kids' teacher is being investigated for being pervy around his students.  My 14yo was called into the principal's office and asked if teacher had said some foul term that none of us had heard of before.  (He had.)  Not that my kids were all that innocent, but there is a bit of innocence lost here.  Plus, he's still in the classroom, and I only hope none of the kids get hurt.  I don't want to make a big deal in front of my kids, but man I hate this.

oh, yikes. Praying for the kids (all of them). I hope they get him out of the classroom soon. 

• Like 3

@SKLI'm so sorry for all the school troubles, and praying it all gets resolved quickly and well!

@TheReader and @MooCow praying you both feel better! 

@TexasProud, praying things are going well with your mother. 

I feel better than I did despite not taking a nap. I finished up and decided to start rewatching Poldark (one of my favorite series), and watched 3 episodes. Getting all that housework done in the last couple of days meant I could relax. 

Two more bookcases came, so I hope we'll put at least one together tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MooCow@TheReader I hope you are feeling better soon!

@SKL Sorry for school issues! Praying for a smoother path soon.

Dinner is over and my kitchen is tidy. I got a shower and it is lovely to be clean! I made some tea and got a nibble of Lily’s chocolate. 

I thought about tomorrow. 

Now going to read. Enjoying The Pickwick Papers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2