Menu

help with front door paint color

hjffkj

16 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I'm sure the Hive can help me with this.  I need a good front door color that compliments dark green shutters.  Think almost black looking dark green.  Siding is ivory I think, ha. Thanks!

I found this dark almost black green at lowes. 5010-3 Deep river green16313907577442098065975437459559.thumb.jpg.2e14fd3ce5e171df9e2aa583dd792058.jpg

• Like 1

I would probably go really dark brown or black. 

If you want a color that pops maybe a dark red/orange or a burnt orange color. A deep maroon would be pretty, but can give off Christmas vibes. The dark green will help tone this down (vs. a grass green and bright red). A red door can be decorated for any holiday with a weath tho, so you can change the vibe pretty easy with a bit of decoration. 

Christmas, Valentines, 4th of July/Memorial day/Labor Day, and it works for Thanksgiving if you pair with orange tones. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bibiche said:

Can’t go wrong with a black door. But an orange-red might be kind of fun too.

My front door is actually an orange- red and I love it!  The door we're painting is for a different  house that we're selling, so not sure if orange-red would be the best option under those circumstances. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

My front door is actually an orange- red and I love it!  The door we're painting is for a different  house that we're selling, so not sure if orange-red would be the best option under those circumstances. 

I think black is a safe, traditional choice, especially for a colonial. Not everyone likes a colorful front door. (I share your love for them though!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hjffkj said:

I missed this when I posted the green and eggplant. Since you’re selling it, go for black. Some people don’t like colorful front doors.

• Like 2

I'd say black, since you're selling - but if that picture above of the Deep River Green is close to your shutter colors, it might make either the door or the shutters look off-color (since they'll be *so* close, but not quite the same). So, I'd probably opt to paint it that same color of green or a dark, rich brown or a dark orange.