Menu

Any good comedy shows to watch?

lulalu

We are watching Modern Family on Peacock and love it! 

If you don't mind language, Derry Girls on Netflix is good. We had to use subtitles because of the accents. 

Some other favorites:

The Office, Parks and Recreation, The Middle, Everybody Loves Raymond, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, New Girl

• Like 2

Newer shows I've been enjoying...

The Other Two on HBOMax - about the older siblings of a newly famous teen star - very silly and over the top, a good bit of dirty content

What We Do in the Shadows on Hulu - season 3 is airing now, about a group of vampires on Staten Island, very very silly, laugh out loud funny

Shrill on Hulu - I really liked all three seasons of this, about a woman who is a writer at a weekly newspaper, serious issues but also funny

Starstruck on HBOMax - no one else seemed to watch this little British comedy about an average woman who hooks up with a mega movie star, but it's so good, very quiet little comedy, very serious mood but still comedic

Never Have I Ever on Netflix - OMG, love love love this zany show about a Desi American teen, very funny in a teenage comedy sort of way

A few older ones some people don't know...

I'm Sorry on Netflix - this was from a couple of years ago and only has two seasons, but no one seems to know it, it's about a woman balancing her marriage, her kid, and her career as a comedian, very very funny and in the style of Curb Your Enthusiasm but without quite as much cringe

Derry Girls on Netflix - I feel like people know this one now, but if you don't, it's hilarious over the top about girls in Northern Ireland in the 80's, very Irish absurdist comedy

Happy Endings on Netflix - sort of like Friends but a little more recent and much funnier, you have to give it a few episodes because the comedy warms up as you get to know the characters

Younger on Hulu - about a woman who pretends to be younger to get an entry level job in publishing after her divorce, not laugh out loud funny more of a dramedy but definitely comedic and very light and a bit silly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I watched I'm Sorry awhile ago and thought it was really funny. I had to ponder her character and why it threw me for a loop at first. I think it was because she looks like a typical gorgeous female lead in a sitcom who tend to be pretty feminine, and her character is just not really that, lol. I am surprised there weren't more episodes.

Just finished Happy Endings, too. Agreed it was better than Friends. Still liked New Girl the best of the young adult friend group comedies I've seen so far.

• Like 2

Do you have Netflix? Look up Nate Bargatze. He has two comedy specials. 

1. The Tennessee Kid. 
2. The Greatest Average American. 

He is squeaky clean and the funniest comedian I know. I’ve seen him live. He’s worth your time. 

He also has a Podcast with some comedy buddies. It’s awesome. Genuine humor without controversy or offense. I think it’s called the Nateland Podcast.  

• Like 2