Menu

My husband is the best husband in the world

Terabith

While I will agree he is the best, idk about throwing out things from a house that spontaneously generates sequins and weather patterns. Definitely a bold move by him. In a few days the house may spontaneously cough up 3 glittery lids as some sort of mind game and then you will be wondering if you threw out a matching part. But don't worry, because found lids never (ever) have matching parts, it's just the house messing with you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

Yes, Tupperware sorting is impressive. Allowing a new kitten is impressive too.

My husband got me a mug for my birthday that has Taehyung's face on it. 

Not only did he get me that, he also got me a spare 😄

If you know who Taehyung is, you'll know this mug is very very special. @SKL maybe you'll appreciate this 😉

#nevertoooldtobeafangirl

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Yes, Tupperware sorting is impressive. Allowing a new kitten is impressive too.

My husband got me a mug for my birthday that has Taehyung's face on it. 

Not only did he get me that, he also got me a spare 😄

If you know who Taehyung is, you'll know this mug is very very special. @SKL maybe you'll appreciate this 😉

#nevertoooldtobeafangirl

Aw, I want a Taehyung mug!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

#nevertoooldtobeafangirl

I prefer Kim Seok-jin (BTS), Jackson Wang (Got7) or Cha Eun-woo (Astro) for  their humor. A lot of Korean variety shows are dubbed in Chinese and Jackson can speak Chinese. 

Enjoy your mugs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terabith said:

He matched all of the tupperware with lids and THREW AWAY the ones that did not have mates!  

MIne has done that too.  Plus he explained to me a few days ago why I can't buy random sixes steel and glass containers and if I want non plastic containers, I need to buy a set so that it fits our limited cabinet space (we actually have a lot of cabinet space but we use it all)> 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

Yeah well my DH just brought me ice cream. 

Mine does this, too!  I have a freezer full of my favorite right now because he stocked up when it was on sale.  🙂  

I've had a tough few years emotionally and physically and my DH has been so incredibly supportive, generous, and selfless.  I am so touched and can't believe how lucky I am to have him.  He literally goes out of his way to make my life better and easier from morning until night and would do even more if I let him.  I don't know what I ever did to deserve him.  

ETA - I need to have surgery that will be a one year recovery with the first three months being nonweightbearing, so I am going to be very dependent on him (again).  I feel terrible that I've been such a burden in every way but he never complains.  

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 8

I am loving this thread! 

Have to chime in.....mine is taking me to lunch on Sunday to meet up with a college friend & her family who will be in town.  He always makes the coffee in the morning, and since he's working from home, he helps with the homeschooling and driving DS to/from places. 

His best thing right now is that he worked out a system where we split the youth group drop off/pick up for DS -- it's a 45 min round trip, but youth group is only 1.5 hrs long, so instead of one of us (or both going) doing both trips, he does drop off, giving me free time for 2 hours, and then I do pick-up, giving him free time for 2 hours.  Weekly sewing night for me, uninterrupted & guilt free; weekly video games with the older boys for him, guilt free. ❤️  

• Like 9

You all are making me feel badly because in our marriage, my dh is the one who has always done all of those things!  From matching tupperware containers and lids to decorating our homes to cooking amazing dinners -- yep, he's one-of-a-kind and I lucked out.  

ETA:  Oh, he also sewed our children's Halloween costumes and made their amazing birthday cakes!

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 9

Mine does all the laundry.

I'm really appreciating this right now because we're having the basement redone and therefore cannot do the laundry at all. I didn't even think about how annoying this would be because... honestly... the clothes just disappear and come back folded and clean all the time like magic. It's not even in my consciousness really. (Just like, I'm sure, from dh's POV food just appears in the house and he finds it and eats it.) Dh is planning to go do a couple of emergency loads down the block at a laundromat, which extra makes him my hero.

He also kills mice.

• Like 5

My husband is very handy. He works on cars. He changes all the brakes—rotors turned, replaced, whatever is needed. AC was broken in dd’s old Accord. He just replaced a relay switch and added Freon. AC works perfectly now. He also replaced broken interior door handles. He’s replaced serpentine belts, alternators…(there are currently 5 cars in our fam fleet)

We pulled all the old carpet upstairs, and he’s laying beautiful vinyl plank. He has replaced all our old toilets, faucets, sinks—all kinds of plumbing stuff that comes up. He just knows how stuff works and if he doesn’t, he’ll figure it out on YouTube. 😉

So it’s not ice cream or flowers, but acts of service are definitely my love language. He’s amazing. 

• Like 7

Husband upped his best husband game by taking off work on Friday.  His sister drove from Charlotte, and then the three of us spent the weekend cleaning out our basement and moving some furniture out of our basement into our carport, to be picked up by the Rescue Mission, and moving furniture from my in-law's house to our house.  (They are moving into independent living at a retirement home.). So manual labor weekend.  

He also took his lunch today to load a truck for my sister in law to drive to her house.

I also have the best sister in law in the world. 

• Like 3

On 9/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, BaseballandHockey said:

I am pretty sure my SIL can give yours a run for her money.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, Terabith said:

Okay.  Fair.  They can be tied for best SIL.  

Um, sorry ladies, but MY sister-in-law is the best. She randomly texted me yesterday while I was at work (just a regular Monday, no special occasion) to invite us for supper, which consisted of ham, cabbage rolls, perogies, salads, rolls, fresh fruit, and all the extras like pickles, olives, pickled beets, etc.

I hate cooking!! My hubby cooks, but not fancy like that. So, she wins best SIL.

• Like 1