Menu

My new job

Night Elf

Thanks everyone! I had a high school student in my room one evening and she said there was a lot of drama at the school. Ugh! I thought I was escaping the drama. Her last job was with teens, even the manager and co-manager were in their early 20's. She thought working with adults would be different. I told her she'd meet people like that at every job. As long as the drama stays away from me, I'm good. 🙂

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Night Elf said:

So I called them back and told the assistant store manager that since I had not heard anything back from the pharmacy, I decided to accept a job offer in the field I preferred.  

For future reference, and for others reading along, it would not matter in the least if you had heard from the pharmacy, if they had made an offer first, or even if you had accepted it. If you get a better and/or more suitable job offer, by all means take it. Publix is not going to feel obligated by making a job offer; if their plans change, they would simply tell you that they aren't hiring you after all. You do not to base your life decisions on loyalty toward a company that you don't even work for yet. 

Disclaimer: yes, I'm aware that there are rare exceptions when one might legitimately feel a greater obligation to a potential employer, but this very standard scenario is not one of them. 

6 hours ago, Night Elf said:

Thanks everyone! I had a high school student in my room one evening and she said there was a lot of drama at the school. Ugh! I thought I was escaping the drama.  

I regret to report that the existence of people generally translates into the existence of drama. If you're lucky, management will keep it under control, so that innocent bystanders aren't continually drawn in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, katilac said:

I regret to report that the existence of people generally translates into the existence of drama. If you're lucky, management will keep it under control, so that innocent bystanders aren't continually drawn in. 

Yes, she said it was drama with the teachers and didn't mention management which made me feel better.

• Like 1