Menu

Amazon Day delivery

Kakids

What have your experiences been if you ordered from Amazon and selected the delivery day? Where you select the day of the week for all your orders to arrive in consolidated packaging?

Have they come on the day selected?

Do they really come in fewer boxes?

Any issues?

***we tried it once and it didn't work, trying to decide if we should try it again

44 minutes ago, Kakids said:

What have your experiences been if you ordered from Amazon and selected the delivery day? Where you select the day of the week for all your orders to arrive in consolidated packaging?

Have they come on the day selected?

Do they really come in fewer boxes?

Any issues?

***we tried it once and it didn't work, trying to decide if we should try it again

It came in so many boxes 😳. I felt badly for our mail carrier who kept going back and forth to the truck for yet more boxes (I think it was right before a birthday or something, plus all our usual subscribe and save items, and I think I ended up with something like ten boxes). I felt like for the mail carriers sake, it's probably better to spread it out. That said, I did choose it again for some stuff that came this week, and it wasn't as bad because I hadn't ordered as much.

IME, the designated Amazon Day delivery option involves 2 different types of consolidation: Items that all happen to be in the same warehouse will generally get boxed together, even if they were ordered on different days, unless something is unusually big or heavy. Items that happen to be in another warehouse will be boxed together at that warehouse, but not combined with items from the first warehouse. Then the shipments from the different warehouses are combined so it all comes at once in a single delivery, and although it may be in more than one box, there will be fewer boxes than if you ordered each item separately with individual delivery dates.

ETA: In my area, virtually all Amazon orders are delivered by Amazon delivery people, I can't remember the last time I had an Amazon delivery by UPS, let alone by USPS, so maybe my experience isn't typical?

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 1

We pretty much only have deliveries by Amazon vehicles here. They like to drive through lawns, as we do not have curbs.

I only tried the pick a day once, but then the whole order ended up being delayed past the delivery day. While I understand things happen, it didn’t seem to improve anything and instead caused issues with the delivery. I’m interested to hear as many experiences as people who have tried it. I like the idea, but am trying to convince myself to try it again. Or maybe I should try Amazon locker. I do not like their delivery vehicles interesting driving skills, nor having packages on the porch multiple days.

I may be getting old. Stay off my lawn!

• Sad 1

We get about 40/40 Amazon delivery & USPS. The rest is usually UPS, but I surprisingly had a few FedEx that made me wonder if they had a weird deal with the post office or if somehow my items were from a 3rd party seller even though I usually filter those.

I suppose there are less. I am guessing there are fewer boxes if they came out of the same warehouse. If they come in separate boxes, I wouldn't know if they came out of the same warehouse or not. Quite honestly, I really don't pay attention. Lately I have had multiple items that get delivered a week or more late. I assume it is Covid related and really not a big deal to me.  I try to order time sensitive gifts weeks in advance, so I don't have to worry about when they arrive. 

I did it once recently, and it was fine, all the things in one box. I haven't tried doing it for multiple orders and setting them all to that and see what happens (we have Prime, so it's just too easy to pop on whenever I think of something and order right then, vs putting in cart and doing one big order). So, the "Amazon Day Delivery" has only ever been things ordered at the same time, but that for whatever reason originally would have arrived on different days. 

When we've done it that way, though, they have all been in one box, arrived on time, etc. 

Our deliveries are 99% from an Amazon branded van these days, and poor guy is probably at our house every other day, so I don't know if he'd rather fewer stops at our house (but then more things to unload that day) or more stops (but one box at a time). He's on our street every day anyway for our neighbors and all, too, so.....? 

I sometimes get orders in one box even when I ordered them at different times and different days, without selecting the One day delivery option.  Sometimes it surprises me what gets boxed up together because I may get something that dh ordered to his name in one of my boxes.  I guess they just look at the address? 

I tend to order a ton of stuff in waves.  We have Prime so I'll do a quick order for one item when I remember.   Our deliveries come from the post office, Amazon trucks or UPS.  I don't think I've seen any come FedEx.  

On 9/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, Corraleno said:

IME, the designated Amazon Day delivery option involves 2 different types of consolidation: Items that all happen to be in the same warehouse will generally get boxed together, even if they were ordered on different days, unless something is unusually big or heavy. Items that happen to be in another warehouse will be boxed together at that warehouse, but not combined with items from the first warehouse. Then the shipments from the different warehouses are combined so it all comes at once in a single delivery, and although it may be in more than one box, there will be fewer boxes than if you ordered each item separately with individual delivery dates.

ETA: In my area, virtually all Amazon orders are delivered by Amazon delivery people, I can't remember the last time I had an Amazon delivery by UPS, let alone by USPS, so maybe my experience isn't typical?

I would say this statement is consistent with my experience.  Especially the last part. I haven’t had an Amazon delivery by USPS in ages.