Menu

What have you bought lately that you are loving?

mommyoffive

I recently bought a 2012 Toyota Highlander with only 65k miles. Great deal. I took it to my mechanic for pre purchase inspection, and he told he not to expect the dealer to negotiate, but they did! I scored a deal! I really love it--more than I thought I would. I've never owned an SUV before. Best part is it's paid for! 

• Like 15

A magnetic clasp black leather bracelet from Target

A black fit and flare dress from Stitchfix. It’s super soft and comfy.

Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow eyebrow pencil. I normally hate eyebrow pencils, but this has a great spoolie on one end, and a very precise pencil that matches my eyebrow color perfectly on the other. 

• Like 7

My main love lately is that I subscribed to a fabric subscription from Cherrywood Hand-Dyed Fabrics, so every month I get a box of 16 fat-quarters of fabric, and at the end of the year I'll have one fat quarter of each of their colors.  They've  just recently switched to having every single color named individually (previously some were only in bundles), and so this comes with a set of pages with the little squares there, waiting, and as you get your fabric, you cut a tiny snip (about 1" square) and glue it on, so you end up with also a reference of each individual color to refer to. 

I'm still also drooling over/debating buying their color card box (released/announced after the "Build Your Own..." subscription) which is a business-card sized sample fused to cardstock, 1 of each color, and kept in a collectible wooden box. :swoon:  I may yet do that, but I've not justified the cost to myself yet, since I have the subscription going. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, sgo95 said:

This unique dish brush and soap dispenser https://www.target.com/p/full-circle-bubble-up-soap-dispenser-and-dish-brush-set/-/A-50317248#lnk=sametab

You fill the bottom with a little dawn and some water, push down on the brush to get it soapy whenever you need to scrub something, and you have enough to wash dishes for days and days.

I had that. Make sure you rinse the brush really well before putting it back in the dish or the dish gets STINKY fast. 

Also, it fits perfectly down into my drain, and I'm clumsy, and I kept having to fish it out of the disposal. Sigh. 

• Like 3

New table saw- a Sawstop. We’d been using FIL’s 1970’s era no safety features Craftsman one but we took some woodworking classes that use this machine and it’s AWESOME. So very easy to use and very accurate. Biggest plus: we can teach the grandkids to do woodworking because the saw features a brake that if the blade touches skin it stops so fast that there’s often no blood, and if so it’s just a minor cut, not ‘missing fingers’ kind of injury.

Pretty indulgent, but we’re thrilled. 

• Like 11

My husband bought a vitamix immersion blender. Oh my that thing is amazing (we had a braun immersion blender), this one is soo much better.

1. It actually sucks up the stuff in the pot and mixes it while it blends. So I don't have to stab around the pot. I just hold it in the pot and after some time soup is pureed. 
  2. It ramps up the motor when you push the button so it easier to control and causes less splatter.
  • Like 5

I made a commitment to try to spend more money with local/small and minority-owned businesses. I bookmarked this FB post at the beginning of August and bought some of the items that were posted. I am still waiting on them because they sold out, so I cannot give reviews yet. I am not sure if anyone else is interested, but I thought I would share. 

https://www.facebook.com/AwesomelyLuvvie/posts/358442275907045

• Like 7

Dh’s back was hurting while we were out of town a few weeks ago, so we bought a heating pad with a massage function.  I normally hate the way massagers feel.  However, I have COVID and right now it’s the best thing ever for the backaches I’ve been having.  I use it several times a day.

• Like 11

I just got a aeropex aftershokz headset to listen to podcasts and audio books when I go walking.  Oh my gosh, 100% better for me than wireless earbuds, which I went through multiple pairs.  They sit outside the ear and don't block hearing.  I tend to have itchy scaly ears anyway, so love not to be putting headphones in them all the time.  

https://www.rei.com/product/169639/aftershokz-aeropex-headphones?sku=1696390003&store=15&cm_mmc=PLA_Google|21700000001700551_1696390003|92700057791438803|NB|71700000074091798&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eesM4_EbzngkSkIcmS1IAG2H-cbuO5r_50jnMC0b5hKpVkVy3lnPjlIaAhN5EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by FuzzyCatz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Oooh! The chair comes in hot pink! Does it recline?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

I just got a aeropex aftershokz headset to listen to podcasts and audio books when I go walking.  Oh my gosh, 100% better for me than wireless earbuds, which I went through multiple pairs.  They sit outside the ear and don't block hearing.  I tend to have itchy scaly ears anyway, so love not to be putting headphones in them all the time.  

I have the Amazon echo buds. The pass through works well so I could hear my kids very well but same issue as you with itchy ears. Most of the time I use my wired Sennheiser headset anyway.

A record player (they’re not “turntables” to me…they’re record players).  I finally got to listen to some records that I haven’t listened to since I was a kid. They’d been living out in the shed and are still good!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PF5779Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I got a monthly subscription for perfume. You get a new scent that you pick every month. I’m careful not to wear my scent around people who will get headaches from it. Mostly I just wear the perfume around the house because I like it for myself.  (Scentbox.com)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, athena1277 said:

Dh’s back was hurting while we were out of town a few weeks ago, so we bought a heating pad with a massage function.  I normally hate the way massagers feel.  However, I have COVID and right now it’s the best thing ever for the backaches I’ve been having.  I use it several times a day.

Sending some hugs your way.  I hope you feel better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, athena1277 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having backaches. I had COVID in February and the backaches were the worst. Sending healing prayers!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

A stainless steel apron sink.  Technically I "bought" (ie. dh and I remodeled mostly with our own blood, sweat and tears) our kitchen and dining room.  But I am most in love with my sink.  We decided not to put in a dishwasher and I am actually enjoying washing dishes! 

I had to google apron sink, lol. Nice!

• Thanks 1

Cast iron Lodge bread loaf pan

Kamodo Junior Acorn smoker/grill

Himalayan salt block for grilling

Pizza stone for grill

Cuisinart 3 pc pizza grilling tool set

and coming this weekend to our house a used, 19' Compac Sailboat with trailer and motor, so reviews will come after the "Ina Belle" has made her maiden voyage with us. We are christening her after Mark's great grandmother.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Clarita said:

My husband bought a vitamix immersion blender. Oh my that thing is amazing (we had a braun immersion blender), this one is soo much better.

1. It actually sucks up the stuff in the pot and mixes it while it blends. So I don't have to stab around the pot. I just hold it in the pot and after some time soup is pureed. 
  2. It ramps up the motor when you push the button so it easier to control and causes less splatter.

ooooh! I'd love a link &/or product number/model number/etc. if possible (or even aprpox. price to narrow my search) -- I'm on the hunt for an immersion blender, and getting a really good one with good reviews would certainly be better than randomly choosing one. 

7 hours ago, wathe said:

Covid vaccine advocacy t-shirts.  I bought some to wear when I work at the vax clinic.  Now I wear them everywhere.  DH and the kids each have a couple and also wear them all around town.  Chris Hadfield, Hayley Wickenheiser, Ryan Reynolds, Michael Buble (AKA some Famous Canadian People) wear them too.

I saw you mention these in another thread; I wish I could find one that wasn't Canadian. They are very cool, though! 

I threw away all of my kitchen towels and wash cloths and started fresh with a whole new batch that match and are not stained. You know how kitchen towels get so ugly from stains even though they are perfectly fine? Those have now been relegated to the garbage or my garage. Makes me ridiculously happy to open the drawer and see pretty towels.

• Like 19