Menu

The monolith has been spruced up and is starring in a romantic comedy! (Follow Up: The Monolith Becomes a Tourist Destination!)

Terabith

24 minutes ago, klmama said:

LOL, and your neighbors are whispering to each other again, "She's back!  Don't be obvious, but look outside right now!  She's taking another picture of our yard!"  

I'm pretty sure the neighbors have started a doggie day care business!  Every day there is a new and different assortment of pooches in their yard.  

34 minutes ago, lauraw4321 said:

Is there a light on top?  Is it like a lighthouse?

Yeah, 18 months after the monolith went up originally, the top and light got added, so it is certainly supposed to be a lighthouse.  However, by that point, it was already famous on the hive as "the monolith."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, klmama said:

Terabith, I was just wondering if they moved the little statue, or if he's hiding behind the plants.  Is that the same statute to the left by the corner of the house?  

They moved the little statue of the boy holding the glass ball/ pumpkin/ Christmas ornament back so he's next to the house.  It is by the corner!

I told Terabith this in pm and she suggested I let y'all know.  Had to share the fun.  Something about the photos just looked like "home" to me. No, I'm not the owner. But I grew up in that area. Everything just looked familiar. I just knew.   Last week, while getting to visit my mom, we had to drive one of her vehicles around to keep the battery fresh.  I can say that  I've seen the monolith in person!

As we drove around that thing, my mom said "You mean you drove 600 miles to see me and to find THAT?" 

I answered "Well, yes.  That thing is legendary."

Thanks Terabith for giving us something fun to do together with regular chores.  Looking forward to more updates so I can tell mom to see it again when the van needs to be driven.   Not sure it was a rom-com, but it felt like a Hallmark movie moment. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 22

• Terabith changed the title to The monolith has been spruced up and is starring in a romantic comedy! (Follow Up: The Monolith Becomes a Tourist Destination!)
4 minutes ago, cbollin said:

I told Terabith this in pm and she suggested I let y'all know.  Had to share the fun.  Something about the photos just looked like "home" to me. No, I'm not the owner. But I grew up in that area. Everything just looked familiar. I just knew.   Last week, while getting to visit my mom, we had to drive one of her vehicles around to keep the battery fresh.  I can say that  I've seen the monolith in person!

As we drove around that thing, my mom said "You mean you drove 600 miles to see me and to find THAT?" 

Thanks Terabith for giving us something fun to do together with regular chores.  Looking forward to more updates so I can tell mom to see it again when the van needs to be driven.   Not sure it was a rom-com, but it felt like a Hallmark movie moment. 

Next time, you should stop by for coffee/ tea/ seltzer!  I love this!  

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, cbollin said:

I’ve missed you, glad you posted. 💛💛💛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbollin said:

This right here is the icing on the cake!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1