Menu

Principal put on leave for allegedly teaching CRT

Ordinary Shoes

This was inevitable. Bad laws lead to bad consequences. 

The announcement comes a month after Whitfield was publicly named and accused by Stetson Clark, a former school board candidate, of teaching and promoting critical race theory during a July 26 district board meeting.

Colleyville Heritage principal placed on leave after being accused of promoting CRT

• Sad 5

Did you look at his FB post that was linked? He went into detail about what brought this all on. I read through a lot of his posts and comments, he seems like a very well loved, thoughtful Christian man. 

• Like 6

So first black highschool principal supposedly (is that true?) and he's fired for the sin of talking about the "conspiracy theory" (term used by school board) of systemic racism. 

But racism doesn't exist. 

The irony...

• Like 15

10 hours ago, ktgrok said:

So first black highschool principal supposedly (is that true?) and he's fired for the sin of talking about the "conspiracy theory" (term used by school board) of systemic racism. 

But racism doesn't exist. 

The irony...

You can't make it make sense because the entire, rage-fueled, mess is intellectually dishonest and bereft of principles. The Southlake podcast was released this week. It follows the origins of discontent in one affluent Texas community. Worth a listen. ETA: only two episodes are out so far but several things are striking… 

1) the impressiveness of the KIDS involved.

2) the lasting impact of racist/homophobic behaviors on victims.

3) the unwillingness of anyone who perpetuated or participated in maintaining the systems of abuse to speak on camera. Maybe that will change in later episodes.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else listening to the Southlake podcast? It’s intense. It’s glaringly obvious that there is both middle ground and a tremendous amount of self-delusion on the part of anti-CRT voices. Kids have been hurt, are being hurt, and much like with COVID…adults don’t care.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't listen to it. I'll check it out. 

I'm sure you saw this. 

The Texas school board where the principal in the OP is employed has voted to recommend not renewing his contract. 

A Texas school board proposes the non-renewal of a contract for a principal accused of promoting critical race theory

I could be snarky and ask where the critics of "cancel culture" are now. Will Bari Weiss write an article about this principal? Andrew Sullivan? Handwringing about "cancel culture" has always been bogus. 

What message are we sending to kids by firing their principal? 

By protecting white kids from learning the truth in school, are we helping them? I have one of these white kids. I know she's going to have live in a world that is more diverse than I grew up in. What does it do to lie to her about the past? And why does telling her the truth make her feel about herself? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ordinary Shoes said:

I didn't listen to it. I'll check it out. 

I'm sure you saw this. 

The Texas school board where the principal in the OP is employed has voted to recommend not renewing his contract. 

A Texas school board proposes the non-renewal of a contract for a principal accused of promoting critical race theory

I could be snarky and ask where the critics of "cancel culture" are now. Will Bari Weiss write an article about this principal? Andrew Sullivan? Handwringing about "cancel culture" has always been bogus. 

What message are we sending to kids by firing their principal? 

By protecting white kids from learning the truth in school, are we helping them? I have one of these white kids. I know she's going to have live in a world that is more diverse than I grew up in. What does it do to lie to her about the past? And why does telling her the truth make her feel about herself? 

Yeah, you have to hear it with your own ears in the voices of the people living it. I did see this too. The world has gone mad. No one cares that there are actual kids being hurt by these crusaders everyday...and they're largely not in private schools. If this principal loses his job, I expect he'll sue for discrimination (justified). Were he in nearly any other federal circuit, he might have a chance. Not in the 5th. It's what I have repeatedly said, in military surveys and publicly, I will NEVER move my children to one of these places. EVER. Millington is VERY near DHs and my family and we have repeatedly turned it down. Fortunately, I was able to redirect DDs attention away from FAMU with a tour of some Maryland HBCUs, lol. I have told them that I will not tell them what to do (and I will not) but I ABSOLUTELY will tell them when their academic experiences and freedom may be jeopardized by local sentiments.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 6:20 PM, Sneezyone said:

Anyone else listening to the Southlake podcast? It’s intense. It’s glaringly obvious that there is both middle ground and a tremendous amount of self-delusion on the part of anti-CRT voices. Kids have been hurt, are being hurt, and much like with COVID…adults don’t care.

I started listening to it, and it is shocking.  The amount of manipulation going on and the lack of empathy for the kids telling their stories is just mind boggling.  As I was listening, I kept thinking to myself, I cannot believe this is actually happening!!  Like, I'm just floored!  How can people be so cruel and so easily manipulated??!

Thanks for bringing attention to the podcast.  I am so glad I am listening to it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rainbird2 said:

I started listening to it, and it is shocking.  The amount of manipulation going on and the lack of empathy for the kids telling their stories is just mind boggling.  As I was listening, I kept thinking to myself, I cannot believe this is actually happening!!  Like, I'm just floored!  How can people be so cruel and so easily manipulated??!

Thanks for bringing attention to the podcast.  I am so glad I am listening to it.

Southlake is not far from where the  principal in the district OP mentioned works so it kinda gives you a feel for the zeitgeist. (In case anyone wondered why/how these things are related).