Menu

Well-trained bodies - September

Laura Corin

September plans:

8 more workouts in Caroline Girvan's Epic Heat (free on YouTube)- my favorite trainer and workout program ever- LOVE

Will do a deload week and then start another of Caroline's programs (4 days of strength training/1 day of HIIT)- I think she is starting a new one soon so I'll probably jump into that.

Try to walk as much as I can. It should be cooling off soon making it easier to get in steps.

Stretching and foam rolling a couple of times a week or more.

Trying to lean out a bit.

Getting enough sleep- always a challenge when changing my schedule. 

• Like 4

Today: 

-Lower body strength + walk

Sleep was HORRIBLE. Always anxious that I'll oversleep when I change my wake up time and my period started. I'm exhausted already and will take a nap after lunch. Finished my lunch that I had prepped so I need to make a new one and work on my menu.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Thanks for starting us off on a new month, Laura! 

@Soror Hope you make it through the day! Getting up for 4:30am is definitely a challenge. Enjoy your work-out, walk and nap. 😉 

My plan for September is to keep on paddling a couple times a week, bike, walk and play tennis. I'd like to keep up this routine until snow comes. 😁

• Like 5

I think my September goal will be to find the new routine. I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I would like to be getting my classes ready but my time keeps getting stolen by others' agendas. Like being on my butt for 12 hours yesterday doing online trainings (minus 1/2 hour lunch and 1/2 hour to go pick up Domino's). More of that today. What teachers really is need is time to meet with teachers who are teaching the same subjects to do high level planning and then time on our own to plan day-to-day. Maybe Friday, only because it's a non-contract day so the district can't steal my time (but not an officially paid day). We have one more kid to get to college mid-September, just to complicate things a bit more. Then I hope after that to be settling into a sustainable rhythm.

Dog walk this morning.

• Like 5

@Soror and @Ali in OR - It's definitely a challenge trying to adjust to new schedules and routines. My morning wake-up time has bounced around a bit over the last few months to accommodate classes and flex my work schedule, and I'm not doing particularly well making the change(s). 

My goals for September are pretty much just keeping up with what I've been doing:

• at least 14,000 steps per day
  • strength and stretching for at least 20 minutes at least 6 days a week, alternating floor-based exercises with the standing routine
  • stationary biking/swimming when it makes sense

I am wrapping up the Summer Splash walking challenge and have signed on to log another 500K for the Fall Frenzy. I also have an average of one official (walking) 5K scheduled per month between now and February, all of which make it somewhat more interesting to log those 14,000 steps. I'm also looking around for another local trail to section walk for fall. 

I'm hoping to make some incremental changes, slightly increasing the number of repetitions for some things. I'm also on the hunt for a pair of 8-pound dumbbells. (I'm currently using 2- and 5-pound weights.) 

At some point, I absolutely must drag some focus back to trying to lose a few of the 20 pounds I've put on, but I have failed so spectacularly at that in the last few months that I just can't face the idea of having to think about it at the moment. 

• Like 5

Walked almost 3.5K with the dog this morning, then did about 25 minutes of strength and stretching.

Busy day today. I ran a little late getting to my desk for work and then had back-to-back-to-back meetings while simultaneously Slack chatting with my boss and then had to cover talking to the rep from the tree-trimming service my husband scheduled to come by for an estimate because said husband unexpectedly had to go into the office today. So, it'll be playing catch-up with work the rest of the day followed by class for two hours this evening. At some point in there, I'll figure out how to log the rest of my steps for the day, but I suspect it'll be a bare minimum.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 492.8 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 186 Days
West Orange Trail: 19.65 of 22 miles

• Like 5

@Jenny in Floridaand @Ali in ORit is good to have commiseration, hopefully we all get settled in to our new routines.

I slept better last night, not enough still but better. I have to adjust to getting to bed earlier. 

No walk yesterday. I ended up busier in the evening than I planned- and ran out of time. Since I'm not lifting today I can go after teaching. Need to finish menu still and do meal prep.

Today is a rest day (no lifting):

-walking; short core, yoga

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

@Laura Corin Lovely photo! Thanks for sharing. It is so green where you are! We've had so little rain during our heat wave that lawns had a brown tinge to them, though they are recovering now. I love those stone buildings! 

I went for a really nice kayak paddle with a friend yesterday evening. We saw lots of kingfishers and frogs, but no turtles. This evening dh and I are playing doubles tennis with friends. Should be fun!

• Like 4

Howdie!  I think August came and went without much change.

Now in September I hope I will at least walk my pup every day.

Kid got a sprained ankle, so we won't be back to TKD for a little while.

Will I get back to my daily yoga?  I hope so ....

• Like 4

Yesterday got the best of me. I did not get out for the second walk, and by the time I was done with class (virtual, but I ended up having to go to a Panera to log in because our internet went wobbly in the late afternoon), it was late and I was cranky and just wanted to watch a couple of episodes of Lost in my PJs. First time in several weeks I have missed my daily step goal, and I'm not happy about it. The rational part of my brain understands that there is nothing magic about that number, that my body doesn't care if I walk exactly that many steps every single day . . . but I'm not happy.

Started this morning with 3.5K of walking and 25 minutes of strength and stretching. 

One small incentive to make time for the second walk today is that it would be enough to push me over my 500K goal. The challenge runs officially through 9/21(?), but it would be fun to see the counter click over. I could use some virtual confetti this week.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 496.7 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 187 Days

• Like 4

You all provide a lovely start to the day. Beautiful pic, @Laura Corin. And perhaps my brain isn't processing things like everyone else but I loved @SKL's cliffhanger:

48 minutes ago, SKL said:

Will I get back to my daily yoga?  I hope so ....

...and I was about to search Netflix for this show I could relate to:

46 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

it was late and I was cranky and just wanted to watch a couple of episodes of Lost in my PJs.

Another busy day of training type stuff, plus getting my broken tooth crowned. Dh came back late last night, so on the plus side I've got my partner back and home life is a little easier, but on the minus side I think I have to provide a real dinner!

Oh, and I did my Thursday dumbbell workout.

• Like 4

My grand plan for finishing my 500K last night got scuttled due to weather. I ended up riding the stationary bike for 70 minutes/16 miles to finish off my "steps," but that doesn't count towards my walking goal. So, the virtual confetti didn't hit until this morning. 

I walked about 3.6K and then did 25+ minutes on the floor with weights and resistance bands. 

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 500.3 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 188 Days

Summer Splash Goal.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping my back pain would disappear completely within a few days. It has gone from acute pain, where it hurt to change positions, to more of a chronic pain--I can do normal stuff, there's just this background pain. So before my yoga this morning (yes, I did Lower Back Love with Adriene), I dug out my Treat Your Own Back book by Robin McKenzie and went through the exercises. Both dh and I have used this book with success for past injuries--it's like PT at home. But I'll need to try to go through the exercises every day if possible.

Busy weekend--get home in shape (hopefully this morning, though it will probably spill into afternoon), then lots of stuff to do to get ready for school. First day of school is Wednesday, and Tuesday is a work day for planning. I'll probably also go into school on Monday.

• Like 5

Another 2.5 hrs of doubles tennis last night, and I was really feeling tired. Just too much back-to-back tennis for me, I guess. I went for a really nice bike ride with ds19 this morning to my favourite bay. On the way home I stopped at bakery that just opened up near my house. Excellent treat to finish off the ride! 😃

• Like 5

The weather was so nice that I went for a kayak paddle in the afternoon. Saw a lot of turtles enjoying the sun. Then dh and I played 2 hrs of doubles tennis in the evening. I also walked the dog with dd. So I got in all 4 of my outdoor activities in one day; biking, paddling, walking and tennis. Tomorrow is definitely going to be a rest day for me. 😉 

• Like 6

Did my back exercises--felt like I had time since I don't have to be anywhere at a particular time. Oh I'll go into school--just not right at 8:00. Molly helped with the exercises--first stretched out right by me, kissing my nose, rolling over, downward dog (her favorite stretch), begging for tummy rubs and ear rubs. We got through it all. Then I did 30 min on the treadmill.

• Like 5

Fairly lazy weekend. The lady I follow came out with a new workout program so I decided to skip my Saturday workout so I could have 2 days off before starting. That leaves me 6 days of the workout program I was doing but I will finish it after this one- it is more motivating to follow along with everyone.

Yesterday morning I had the hardest time waking up and then a horrible time falling asleep. I just didn't feel great, not sure why. By the evening I felt better but my workout today was a little rough and I even took a break in the middle. I did help dh install a door and do some work around the house. I got in some walks around the yard both days but nothing major.

Today: legs 

• Like 4

It's motivating to hear how everyone is pushing through some discomfort and accomplishing their exercise goals. I really do need to take a proper rest day, as 4 days in a row of 2+hrs of tennis makes for a very sore body. I'll do some light cycling to keep things from getting too stiff, and some stretching.

This is the first school-start is 16 years where I don't have to plan homeschool classes. I miss it, but also happy that the dc are excited about their adventures at their new school. My 2 youngest (ds15 and ds17) are going to a private christian high school. They will know a few people, which should help the transition. 

Hey, look at the view outside my office/bedroom window. A squirrel loading up on maple seeds in preparation for the winter. 😃 I love nature through the window when I'm too tired to get outdoors. 😉 

IMG_20210906_115022157.jpg

• Like 7

Been out of the loop for a few days, trying to take advantage of the long weekend, which has resulted in a weird feast-or-famine situation with exercise. It was my husband's birthday on Saturday, which meant that I didn't do a lot of exercise either Friday (when I was frantically trying to pull together some kind of gift) or Saturday (when I was trying to be present and make his day fun). I actually missed my step count twice last week.

On Sunday, though, I started the day walking 5K to complete the final badge in the summer walking challenge, and then we finally took one of the day trips I've been asking to do for about three years, now, which involved a short scenic boat tour, lunch at a restaurant with outdoor seating and wandering a museum (with limited admission and masks required). 

Through work, my husband scored a free night at the Grand Floridian (at WDW), so we spent yesterday and the first half of today making the most of that opportunity. We hit the Magic Kingdom for part of each day (including using the new walking path from the resort to the park gate) and swam and wandered around the resort. 

So, I haven't done any formal stretch/strength exercises for the last few days, but I've logged plenty of steps since Sunday.

Yesterday wrapped up the summer walking challenge, and the Fall Frenzy kicked off this morning. I signed up to walk another 500K between now and mid-November, starting with a scenic 3.5K around the resort this morning. (Pictures below.)

The plan is to get back into the regular routine tomorrow, with at least 20 minutes of stretch and strength stuff days a week in addition to the walking.

Summer Splash Challenge Completed: 514 of 500K
Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 3.4 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 192 Days

Untitled presentation (21).jpg

• Like 6

I skipped my bodyweight circuit this morning and did my back exercises and the Lower Back Love yoga again. I could do more than Saturday--could rock on my back this time. First day of school tomorrow--I'll do some exercise in the morning but won't post until later in the day I'm sure.

• Like 5

On 9/6/2021 at 10:54 AM, wintermom said:

It's motivating to hear how everyone is pushing through some discomfort and accomplishing their exercise goals. I really do need to take a proper rest day, as 4 days in a row of 2+hrs of tennis makes for a very sore body. I'll do some light cycling to keep things from getting too stiff, and some stretching.

This is the first school-start is 16 years where I don't have to plan homeschool classes. I miss it, but also happy that the dc are excited about their adventures at their new school. My 2 youngest (ds15 and ds17) are going to a private christian high school. They will know a few people, which should help the transition. 

Hey, look at the view outside my office/bedroom window. A squirrel loading up on maple seeds in preparation for the winter. 😃 I love nature through the window when I'm too tired to get outdoors. 😉 

IMG_20210906_115022157.jpg

Wow, your squirrel is much blacker than the ones we have here. I hope you get some rest. New chapters are exciting and a bit scary. I hope your dc's have a wonderful year.

14 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Been out of the loop for a few days, trying to take advantage of the long weekend, which has resulted in a weird feast-or-famine situation with exercise. It was my husband's birthday on Saturday, which meant that I didn't do a lot of exercise either Friday (when I was frantically trying to pull together some kind of gift) or Saturday (when I was trying to be present and make his day fun). I actually missed my step count twice last week.

On Sunday, though, I started the day walking 5K to complete the final badge in the summer walking challenge, and then we finally took one of the day trips I've been asking to do for about three years, now, which involved a short scenic boat tour, lunch at a restaurant with outdoor seating and wandering a museum (with limited admission and masks required). 

Through work, my husband scored a free night at the Grand Floridian (at WDW), so we spent yesterday and the first half of today making the most of that opportunity. We hit the Magic Kingdom for part of each day (including using the new walking path from the resort to the park gate) and swam and wandered around the resort. 

So, I haven't done any formal stretch/strength exercises for the last few days, but I've logged plenty of steps since Sunday.

Yesterday wrapped up the summer walking challenge, and the Fall Frenzy kicked off this morning. I signed up to walk another 500K between now and mid-November, starting with a scenic 3.5K around the resort this morning. (Pictures below.)

The plan is to get back into the regular routine tomorrow, with at least 20 minutes of stretch and strength stuff days a week in addition to the walking.

Summer Splash Challenge Completed: 514 of 500K
Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 3.4 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 192 Days

Untitled presentation (21).jpg

Happy bday to your hubby. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

10 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Weights and core today. Not up to my full usual, but I was less breathless today, for which I am thankful. I also took a walk before dinner. Tomorrow I hope to have a longer walk.

Progress is wonderful, glad to hear it.

• Like 3

Upper body yesterday 

Today is another lower body.

I am getting much stronger in my pushups but yesterday we did sets(8 or 9 total of different variations) after 4 weight sets and it was challenging. Still adjusting to the new wake up time. I always think it will be easier than it is, so I'm struggling. Napping when I can. 

Edited by Soror
  • Like 5

Walked 3.6K this morning and then did about 25 minutes of strength and stretching. I had to drop back to the lower level resistance band, and it took me more willpower than usual with the weights, but I got through my full routine. 

It's back to normal life today, work and a class this evening. So I will squeeze in an evening walk and/or some stationary bike time to finish off the step goal.

While we were "away" this weekend, I also decided I really absolutely do need to tackle the weight thing. It's ridiculous that I have gained as much as I have in less than a year and that, even with the amount of movement I do and being reasonably careful about food, I cannot budge that scale downward. In the past when I have logged food/calories, I have tended to become a bit obsessive about it in an unhealthy way. But I've reluctantly decided I need to go back to logging at least temporarily so I can see if there are any big things I'm missing or misjudging that might be contributing to my inability to lose anything. My loose plan is to try to just log very honestly for a couple of weeks, then assess. If I don't see any obvious culprits at that point, I'll contact my endocrinologist and discuss the issue. 

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 9.2 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 193 Days

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Walked 3.6K this morning and then did about 25 minutes of strength and stretching. I had to drop back to the lower level resistance band, and it took me more willpower than usual with the weights, but I got through my full routine. 

It's back to normal life today, work and a class this evening. So I will squeeze in an evening walk and/or some stationary bike time to finish off the step goal.

While we were "away" this weekend, I also decided I really absolutely do need to tackle the weight thing. It's ridiculous that I have gained as much as I have in less than a year and that, even with the amount of movement I do and being reasonably careful about food, I cannot budge that scale downward. In the past when I have logged food/calories, I have tended to become a bit obsessive about it in an unhealthy way. But I've reluctantly decided I need to go back to logging at least temporarily so I can see if there are any big things I'm missing or misjudging that might be contributing to my inability to lose anything. My loose plan is to try to just log very honestly for a couple of weeks, then assess. If I don't see any obvious culprits at that point, I'll contact my endocrinologist and discuss the issue. 

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 9.2 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 193 Days

I am right there with you on the weight thing. I exercise almost daily. 2-3 of those times are always with intensity, and often more times than that. And I eat really well! I definitely get in my 5 per day of fruits and veg. I cook from scratch so I know every ingredient I use, and it's all sooooo healthy. Lean meats, plenty of spice, etc. I am dairy-free due to lactose intolerance and I hardly ever use dairy substitutes. I am low-carb or perhaps moderate carb mostly due to being gluten free. The carbs I eat are whole grain--things like wild rice, oatmeal, millet, etc. I definitely eat waaaaaaaay less treats than any other period of my life. Yet there is no change that seems to have much impact. 

I watched both my darling mil and my grandmother spend decades obsessively counting calories and beating themselves up about weight, and I do not want to live like that. Yet here I am with a body that won't budge past a certain point. I'm pretty heavy and often terribly discouraged at how hard I work at this for so little effect.

Just commiserating with you. And an encouragement--you are extremely disciplined with your fitness goals, and I am so impressed. No matter what's going on with your weight, your investment in your health through exercise and a healthy lifestyle will stand you in good stead. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harriet Vane said:

I am right there with you on the weight thing. I exercise almost daily. 2-3 of those times are always with intensity, and often more times than that. And I eat really well! I definitely get in my 5 per day of fruits and veg. I cook from scratch so I know every ingredient I use, and it's all sooooo healthy. Lean meats, plenty of spice, etc. I am dairy-free due to lactose intolerance and I hardly ever use dairy substitutes. I am low-carb or perhaps moderate carb mostly due to being gluten free. The carbs I eat are whole grain--things like wild rice, oatmeal, millet, etc. I definitely eat waaaaaaaay less treats than any other period of my life. Yet there is no change that seems to have much impact. 

I watched both my darling mil and my grandmother spend decades obsessively counting calories and beating themselves up about weight, and I do not want to live like that. Yet here I am with a body that won't budge past a certain point. I'm pretty heavy and often terribly discouraged at how hard I work at this for so little effect.

Just commiserating with you. And an encouragement--you are extremely disciplined with your fitness goals, and I am so impressed. No matter what's going on with your weight, your investment in your health through exercise and a healthy lifestyle will stand you in good stead. 

Thank you for the commiseration and encouragement. It is super frustrating. I don't think I am as intentional about healthy eating as you are. I sort of incidentally eat pretty well due to a combination of the ethical veganism and cutting out gluten for medical reasons. As a recovering picky eater, I still don't eat as wide a variety of fruits and vegetables as I should, but I average well over that five-per-day standard in terms of quantity. For the last year or so, I have made it a habit never to eat anything without including at least one fruit or vegetable. I no longer cook a ton from scratch, because it's just my husband and myself, and we're not often particularly interested in eating actual meals. However, because of the vegan/gluten-free thing, I am more or less forced to stick to pretty healthy options, even when we do use convenience foods or do restaurant/take-out. 

I watch my husband--who literally spends hours every day sitting in his recliner watching TV, logs fewer than half the steps I do daily and does exactly no additional exercise--maintain and even lose a little weight while eating chips and cheese and a near-endless stream of treats from the grocery store bakery. Granted, he is also a foot taller than I am, but still . . . It feels so unfair that he barely even thinks about it, eats more or less whatever he wants and just . . . goes on.

I've been working really hard not to get too focused on weight, because I do have a troubled past with it. But the rate at which I gained these 20 pounds is alarming (less than a year), and I now have whole stacks of clothes in my closet that no longer fit and more that are uncomfortably snug. And given the arthritic knees and insulin resistance that we don't want to turn into diabetes, controlling my weight at some reasonable point is an important health consideration. 

I did just have a conversation with my husband, letting him know I am going to be logging food for a couple of weeks and asking him to let me know if he sees me getting in trouble with it. 

So we'll see how it goes.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, too. It really is discouraging.

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did my back exercises and then a short workout this morning. Being short, it had some interval stuff that I thought would be hard on my back (jumping jack type stuff), so I just did the "moderate" version of things. I enjoyed my first day of school. I'm not prepared at all for Day 2--need to do that tonight!

• Like 5

I did get my steps in yesterday, actually did better than my goal, by taking a short walk before class and then going out again after. That worked well, since it meant the number of steps remaining after class was not as daunting, and I still had time to hang out on the couch and watch an episode of Lost before calling it a night.

I also logged all food intake yesterday and verified that I took in fewer calories than I burned. 

Got a little bit of a late start this morning. Opted to do my normal walk (3.4K today) and squeeze in the bare minimum 20 minutes of strength and stretching before work. I skipped the few minutes of jogging on the mini-trampoline, but I might do that on a break this morning if I can scrape up the energy.

Otherwise, it'll be the usual second walk (or stationary biking) later to meet the day's step count.

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 17.0 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 194 Days
West Orange Trail: 19.65 of 22 miles (Planning to tackle that last chunk this weekend.)

• Like 3

@Harriet Vane and @Jenny in Florida I'm also getting frustrated with my increased weight over the last 6 months. I've had the quickest weight increase since my first pregnancy 21 years ago. It's been kind of shocking. A lot is because I started a full-time job and had a university course, so I was sitting and stressing quite a bit. I was also snacking a lot more. Age is probably a factor as well, being 54 now. So now that my course is finished and I have more time to fit in exercise, the weight is not decreasing much at all. 

All this to say, this situation kind of sucks. I'm totally with you that the focus is on maintaining my overall health by eating well and remaining physically active. Also checking in on this thread to receive support is great! 😃

• Like 4

Took a rambling walk with the dog last night to clock the remainder of yesterday's steps. 

Sleep was . . . not my friend last night, and I got a slow start today. However, I did walk 3.4K and spend almost 30 minutes on strength and stretching.

Did okay with food again yesterday. I succumbed to the siren call of Wawa on the way home from my neurologist appointment and ate a candy bar with my coffee. Since it was late in the day, though, I just decided to call that dinner. (Hey, I ate a banana, too, so it was healthy?) 

Starting the day off reasonably well today with oatmeal topped with fresh strawberries and some chopped pecans. My plan is to use my morning break to empty the dishwasher and rinse some romaine so it will be ready for salad-making at lunch time. 

There are a few things I kind of want to watch on assorted streaming services, which I hope will tempt me to spend some time on the stationary bike while my husband is out with his gaming buddies tonight. Other than (or possibly in addition to) that, it'll be the usual evening walk at some point between the end of work and bedtime. 

Fall Frenzy Challenge Update: 24.7 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 195 Days
West Orange Trail: 19.65 of 22 miles (Planning to tackle that last chunk this weekend.)

• Like 5

DS13 and I go for a 1-2 mile walk when the weather cooperates. 

Still going with DDPY. I'm down 40 lbs now in 6 months!  I have 6 more lbs to lose and then I leave the "obese" bmi category and will be plain old "overweight".  I thought I'd hit "overweight" sooner, but I realized the bmi calculator I was using won't allow me to input a partial inch for my height, so I have been working off slightly incorrect calculations. 😕  

• Like 6

Walk in the forest preserve yesterday. Was bitten by something—not sure what but I think it may have been a horse fly? Definitely felt far more substantial than a mosquito. Itchy and swollen now.

i am excited because dh and I are canoeing this afternoon. I enjoy canoeing but have had to limit it in recent years due to joint dysfunction. I am much stronger now so we are going to give it a try with elbow and wrist braces to see how I hold up.

• Like 5

@Laura CorinI'm right there with you! My stress and anger centers on technology and having to use it for my job and having it fail repeatedly. I can teach without it, but I'm not allowed to by the district (have to use certain systems like Canvas). But they can't seem to get a technology system working reliably for me. Small problems got fixed by the tech guy in the middle of my first period on the first day of instruction. Then at the end of yesterday (second day), my work computer stopped connecting to anything--Google drive (where all the shared materials are that I need to access), our instruction delivery program, etc. I got the tech guy in there before he went home and he could not figure it out in the 15-20 minutes that he had. He could not access any of these things logged in as himself on my device either, so he thinks there is something wrong with the device. And he's already booked first thing Monday morning. So my grand plans of getting my whole week planned and ready to go on the computer over the weekend THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EXTRA TIME are now up in smoke. I have a sub on Wed/Thurs while we take youngest to college. I'm just going to plan the whole week as if I have no computer. Because that seems to pretty much be the case everyday. And I'm tired of being told I have to do everything on the computer (I want to collect homework on paper, but they tell me kids in quarantine have to be able to submit on Canvas which would force me to make everyone submit on Canvas as that's how I would have to set up the assignments). AUGH!

Anyway. You see what my weekend plans will be. But first I started my day with the Lower Back Love Yoga again--hip still hurting--and my back exercises which I shortened to just the ones lying down.

• Like 4