Menu

So this happened today...

MercyA

I might have been listening to the same radio program.  

I don't know if we define profanity the same way, but the guy I was listening to yesterday was, to put it mildly,  really ripping Pres. Biden a new one.  Then the show suddenly went off the air for awhile.   The local affiliate put on a "best of" show from their local morning host until the technical difficulties were resolved.

I wondered at the time if the FCC had pulled the plug , but now I know it was the Big Guy (God, not Hunter's Dad).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Laurie said:

I might have been listening to the same radio program.  

I don't know if we define profanity the same way, but the guy I was listening to yesterday was, to put it mildly,  really ripping Pres. Biden a new one.  Then the show suddenly went off the air for awhile.   The local affiliate put on a "best of" show from their local morning host until the technical difficulties were resolved.

I wondered at the time if the FCC had pulled the plug , but now I know it was the Big Guy (God, not Hunter's Dad).  

Oh come now...you know it was the cabal trying to shut down truth tellers. LOL. 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Honestly, the idea that God spares someone from listening to a non-preferred radio station because of a prayer while not sparing other people horrific crap despite prayers is a pretty crappy theology, imo.  

Oh, have a laugh, Terabith. *I* dont personally believe god makes radio stations go to static because a captive passenger is sick of an ear-beating, but it’s a cute story anyway. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Was that an internal (silent) prayer or did he say this outloud?

Bill

From The OP’s sweet posts over the years, I know she would not condone someone praying out-loud for God to do something about a situation that the person felt uncomfortable asking the driver to do directly. I would think that would be an example of passive-aggressiveness, not an answered prayer. 

OP, I’m so glad that the prayer was answered.

Your post reminded me of something I read recently. ‚ÄúA precise prayer gives Christ the opportunity to remove all doubt about his love and interest. Your problem becomes his pathway. The challenge you face becomes a canvas upon which Christ can demonstrate his finest work. So offer a simple prayer and entrust the problem to Christ.‚ÄĚ Max Lucado¬†

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NewnameC said:

From The OP’s sweet posts over the years, I know she would not condone someone praying out-loud for God to do something about a situation that the person felt uncomfortable asking the driver to do directly. I would think that would be an example of passive-aggressiveness, not an answered prayer. 

OP, I’m so glad that the prayer was answered.

Your post reminded me of something I read recently. ‚ÄúA precise prayer gives Christ the opportunity to remove all doubt about his love and interest. Your problem becomes his pathway. The challenge you face becomes a canvas upon which Christ can demonstrate his finest work. So offer a simple prayer and entrust the problem to Christ.‚ÄĚ Max Lucado¬†

I assume @MercyA and her husband are not passive agressive and would not say things designed to make others uncomfortable.

You, on the other hand...not so sure.

Bill 

58 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

I assume @MercyA and her husband are not passive agressive and would not say things designed to make others uncomfortable.

You, on the other hand...not so sure.

Bill 

Well, you are absolutely wrong about me. I have never said or done anything passive aggressive in my life. (Well, at least during the part of my life when I knew what passive aggressiveness was.)

Just to let you know, I changed my original post before I posted it, because I didn’t want to make an assumption about your post. My post originally read, “anyone who has read Mercy’s sweet posts over the years would know she would not condone her husband praying outloud to make someone do what he wanted.

3 minutes ago, NewnameC said:

Well, you are absolutely wrong about me. I have never said or done anything passive aggressive in my life. (Well, at least during the part of my life when I knew what passive aggressiveness was.)

Just to let you know, I changed my original post before I posted it, because I didn’t want to make an assumption about your post. My post originally read, “anyone who has read Mercy’s sweet posts over the years would know she would not condone her husband praying outloud to make someone do what he wanted.

I'll keep an open mind. 

Bill

• Like 1