Menu

Let's Tackle Sunday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning! 

I've not slept much because of digestive issues all night. I think it might be because I ate a lot more of a non-dairy ice cream than I normally eat at one time, at least that's all I hope it is. So we aren't going to church this morning. 

• rest and hopefully feel better
  • post lesson plans for the week in all my Google classrooms
  • look over lessons for tomorrow
  • call my daddy
  • the rest of the day will depend on how I feel
  • Like 4

Hi guys.  I’m on morning pup duty, and I‘ve been waiting for my pup to do something naughty so I can put him in one of his safe (totally dog proof but small) places.  But he has been listening so well all morning.  Yay!

I need to take a shower and take my kid to urgent care for her ankle.  But right now I’m the only awake human here ….

my to-dos are the same as yesterday, plus online church.  Client work, make the kids do some organizational and school related things with me, catch up on personal administrative things, do all the laundry, and whatever else gets done.

• Like 4

Prayers for your DH, Chris. 

My day today:
....coffee -- done
....video game -- done
....Target & Home Depot -- done (but Target did not have the thing I went for)
...laundry -- working
...dinner plan -- 2 of the fish from the other day, baked, with some of the pesto
...finish my school bag stuff
....make the pesto, freeze in jars
....some school bookkeeping
....take a look at 2nd grade prep for Weds
....otherwise take it easy (move pantry declutter to next weekend) b/c I apparently pulled a muscle yesterday in my chest/shoulder/area and it's really sore

I think that's about it. 

• Like 3

My pulled muscle is much more painful than it was earlier; apparently the laundry further aggravated it. 😞 

DH is going to bring laundry down and help me fold so I don't make it worse; I've put icy hot on and rested, one site said "avoid doing anything that moves that muscle" -- ummm, *everything* moves it, so....??? 

Will still make/supervise the making of the basil, make/supervise the making of the little "force meters" for K science (DH & I will go to the store later when less hot), and do my bookkeeping, but otherwise will just rest/take it easy in hopes of being functional tomorrow for class.

• Sad 2

Kid1 has a sprain.  We are relieved it's not a break.  TBH both my kid and I are kinda glad she will be out of soccer for at least a couple weeks.  Why the heck do they play in 90+ degree weather?  And because my kid is a fast runner with a ton of stamina, they generally keep her in longer and put her in the position that requires the most running.  She has a lot of shin pain from so much running.  Hopefully a couple/few week break + a visit to the chiro will help address the shin pain, and the weather will be milder when she is back on the field.  I hate that the way they train/coach is making my kid dislike both running and soccer, two of her favorite activities.

Wondering if it's crazy to hope for a nap today ....

• Like 3

Went to the store and got the stuff for the little force meters. 

Gathered enough pennies from around the house to make (just barely) 6 baggies of 50 pennies each; I will still make 12 force meters (1 per child) so they don't have to share those, and can take turns lifting the penny bags; with each having one partner, it can be their table mate and so that should be okay. 

Did all the bookkeeping -- lovely DH started the Excel sheet for me, so I could just enter. I wanted to be sure I'm not overspending my supply fee just yet (I will, at some point, exceed it, I'm sure, but as long as I keep track then I'll know when I overspend it, and can start funding it myself....)

Debating to email the couple that haven't paid tuition, tonight, or wait until tomorrow. They have this coming week to pay as well, then it will get a late fee. So, I can write and remind so that they can bring it tomorrow....or I can wait....?? :sigh: I hate having to email; I never feel I get the tone of the note right. 

Need to go make the pesto so we can use it for dinner, but feeling pretty accomplished. DH said he'll help make the little force meters later while we watch TV. 

• Like 2

@TravelingChris, praying for safety in the weather and for your dh.

@SKL, glad it's just a sprain and pray she feels better soon. 

@TheReader, pray your muscle feels better soon. 

@ScoutTN, I'm not the driving teacher, either. It definitely sets of anxiety in me. 

I'm feeling better  with just some twinges of pain occasionally. 

I called my daddy. 

I posted all the assignments for this week in the classrooms.

Dh and I played Upwords and plan to play Nertz soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Made the pesto, in a few batches; it's yummy, but not quite the right consistency of store bought. Delicious, though!  

Going to find something on TV to fold clothes to/make mini force meters, and clear the table so we can eat later. 

My muscle is feeling a little better, but I don't want to push it, either; DH threatened not to let me go to fencing on Thurs if it's not better (which is a very wise move, actually, but dangit, we missed last week, I don't want to skip again....). 

• Like 3

sent the mass email about tuition, rather than individual notes

got the pesto jarred -- four 4 oz jars and some for tonight, and we have another jar waiting for however much of it we don't use tonight; DH declared it good and said what I was thinking: "I want to just eat it like that!"  Alas, pesto by itself does not a dinner make.....

• Like 3

We listened to church in between homework and night pup duty.

And at 11:15pm I was informed that someone needed laundry done for tomorrow.  Not surprised.  😛  At least she didn't tell me at 1am.

I'm being nicer than usual because of her sprained ankle.  Plus, I'm glad they are being responsible about school so far.  (Granted, waiting until Sunday night isn't that responsible, but they got it done before midnight ....)

I still have several things I want/need to work on with them.  Hopefully we'll have time this week, due to the hiatus from soccer.

• Like 2