Menu

Covid informed people help me out

hjffkj

Please no arguments.

A close relative who is going through chemo for metastatic ovarian cancer has covid. She is I believe on day 5 of symptoms.

I just need to know so I'm informed what days are most significant in terms of possible worst of the symptoms. Does that make sense?  Like by day 5 is she most likely to be done with the worse or is the a big possibility of it getting worse. If so, is there a general day where most people are in the clear? 

I know it is different with everyone but knowing trends right now would be really helpful and on my quick Google search I just got overwhelmed with reading varying things and know that there are people here who can give me the info without me having to read about hospitalizations and bad scenarios. I just want numbers really.

Thanks all

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your family member.😢 Is she receiving any treatment for Covid? 

I will pray for her.

Thanks. I'm not sure if she's receiving treatment for it. I hope so. They are not in our household thankfully and for some reason my mom who knew wasn't sharing the info with anyone. I only found out because I text a question to the other person in that household and she informed me the two of them have covid. So, really it is 2 relatives I'm worried about but mainly the one going through chemo. 

Sadly, I'm not surprised they caught it. 

• Sad 5

My sister (no prior health issues) sailed through days 10-11, which (pre-Delta) were what we understood was worse. THEN, on day 14, she was in the ER, couldn’t breathe, etc. She wasn’t hospitalized—just treated with inhaler steroids (again, before mono-clonal antibodies were highly available—but were most definitely available for like—leaders of the free world types, etc. ).  She ended up with long COVID.  

I hope your relative can get treatment and has a better outcome than what you fear. I’m sure it’s hard to wait. I called me sister every day to check on her. 

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, AngelaR said:

My sister (no prior health issues) sailed through days 10-11, which (pre-Delta) were what we understood was worse. THEN, on day 14, she was in the ER, couldn’t breathe, etc. She wasn’t hospitalized—just treated with inhaler steroids (again, before mono-clonal antibodies were highly available—but were most definitely available for like—leaders of the free world types, etc. ).  She ended up with long COVID.  

I hope your relative can get treatment and has a better outcome than what you fear. I’m sure it’s hard to wait. I called me sister every day to check on her. 

Thank you for sharing this. I hope your sister has fully recovered and if not does so soon enough. I will be talking to my mom tomorrow for more info about my relatives. She didn't seem to want to talk about it tonight, which i can understand because they're her siblings and she struggles with their decisions about covid. Well one of their decisions. 

When ds had Covid, his worst day was day 10. Up till then it was just a minor cold. Then overnight he got worse, had a fever, literally slept almost a whole day and woke up pretty much recovered. It was really odd. 

Xh just had a minor cold for a week. He got it from his step-dad, who got it from being around his renter for 15 minutes. There were 4 older gentlemen who lived together in the rental house. I know 2 renters died, and a third was expected to pass but I never heard for certain. 

His step-dad went to the ER for an unrelated issue, got diagnosed with covid unexpectedly while there (by routine admission testing.) He got released for the original issue and a few days later at home, he essentially died (dh had to do CPR). He was readmitted with covid-pneumonia I would guess on day 5 or 6. He has stage 4 stomach cancer, is forgoing treatment for the cancer and is on hospice. I only say that to show, that some people who are very, very ill, can and do, recover from serious Covid infections. 

His mom went to the hospital about day 7 or 8 (if I remember right) with covid-pneumonia. She has aggressive breast cancer but hadn't started treatment yet when she was diagnosed with Covid. She was hospitalized for a few days, was sent home on oxygen and recovered within a few weeks. She has some lingering effects, but nothing major. 

My 14yo daughter was around my son when he got diagnosed and didn't catch it. She was also around xh, his mom and step-dad when they got sick,  quarantined with them and she didn't get it then either. It is really strange how some people get it and some do not. 

My coworkers 30yo brother is hospitalized with covid-pneomonia right now. He was unvaccinated.  I think he went into the hospital on day 5 or so. His vaccinated wife got Covid and recovered with just cold symptoms after a couple of days.

BTW: Almost everyone I know who has had Covid, was unvaccinated. I work in pharmacy and work with hundreds of healthcare workers. I  only know one person personally who got it post vaccination. She was vaccinated in Dec and got Covid in August. She only got cold symptoms.  Her sister and brother who are also vaccinated didn't not get it from her. 

Edited by Tap

39 minutes ago, Tap said:

When ds had Covid, his worst day was day 10. Up till then it was just a minor cold. Then overnight he got worse, had a fever, literally slept almost a whole day and woke up pretty much recovered. It was really odd. 

Xh just had a minor cold for a week. He got it from his step-dad, who got it from being around his renter for 15 minutes. There were 4 older gentlemen who lived together in the rental house. I know 2 renters died, and a third was expected to pass but I never heard for certain. 

His step-dad went to the ER for an unrelated issue, got diagnosed with covid unexpectedly while there (by routine admission testing.) He got released for the original issue and a few days later at home, he essentially died (dh had to do CPR). He was readmitted with covid-pneumonia I would guess on day 5 or 6. He has stage 4 stomach cancer, is forgoing treatment for it and is on hospice. I only say that to show, that some people who are very, very ill, can and do, recover from serious Covid infections. 

His mom went to the hospital about day 7 or 8 (if I remember right) with covid-pneumonia. She has aggressive breast cancer but hadn't started treatment yet when she was diagnosed with Covid. She was hospitalized for a few days, was sent home on oxygen and recovered within a few weeks. She has some lingering effects, but nothing major. 

My 14yo daughter was around my son when he got diagnosed and didn't catch it. She was also around xh, his mom and step-dad when they got sick,  quarantined with them and she didn't get it then either. It is really strange how some people get it and some do not. 

My coworkers 30yo brother is hospitalized with covid-pneomonia right now. He was unvaccinated.  I think he went into the hospital on day 5 or so. His vaccinated wife got Covid and recovered with just cold symptoms after a couple of days.

BTW: Almost everyone I know who has had Covid, was unvaccinated. I work in pharmacy and work with hundreds of healthcare workers. I  only know one person personally who got it post vaccination. She was vaccinated in Dec and got Covid in August. She only got cold symptoms.  Her sister and brother who are also vaccinated didn't not get it from her. 

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry to hear about all the covid cases you've had to deal with. So much death.

I know my aunt without cancer, who lives with the one who has it was not vaccinated and not masking in public. We actually argued about it in late July when she was at my house for a family gathering. I was ok with unvaccinated people who were still taking covid seriously like my sister who is more cautious about it than I am. But funding out my aunt was also not taking it seriously at all got my blood boiling. I am not sure about the aunt with cancer.

• Sad 3

Well f*, now my father-in-law's husband in is the hospital with covid. They are both fully vaccinated. This sucks. Please keep him in your prayers if you are the praying type.

We went this long without knowing anyone who has had covid and now within the same week we have 4 close relatives. I think I'm ready to hide in my house again for another year

• Sad 11

2 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Well f*, now my father-in-law's husband in is the hospital with covid. They are both fully vaccinated. This sucks. Please keep him in your prayers if you are the praying type.

We went this long without knowing anyone who has had covid and now within the same week we have 4 close relatives. I think I'm ready to hide in my house again for another year

Oh wow, that is scary.  Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to everyone.  Hoping for quick recoveries. 

21 hours ago, hjffkj said:

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry to hear about all the covid cases you've had to deal with. So much death.

I know my aunt without cancer, who lives with the one who has it was not vaccinated and not masking in public. We actually argued about it in late July when she was at my house for a family gathering. I was ok with unvaccinated people who were still taking covid seriously like my sister who is more cautious about it than I am. But funding out my aunt was also not taking it seriously at all got my blood boiling. I am not sure about the aunt with cancer.

My xh's in-laws were not taking it very seriously either. His mom read that people with type o blood were less likely to get Covid, 🙄so it seems that basically made her immune. I am glad they survived it, but who knows if others were exposed in the process.

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

Oh no, I’m so sorry! Most vaccinated people seem to have short hospital stays, so I hope that is the case for him and that your other family members sail through fine.