Menu

Prayers, good thoughts, etc needed for my dd2

TravelingChris

My dd2 is supposedly sick w/ a virus, not COVID.  She has been tested three to four time negative and her x-ray at the ER late Wed night was negative for pneumonai or COVID.  Today she came back to my city to go to her allergist/immunologist office.  She is currently having another breathing treatment.  But she has a prescription to go get a CATSCAN because the practitioner doesn't think her problems breathing are just asthma.  She also is getting blood clot testing and lupus testing too.  I am so scared of her CATSCAN, because I know what it means they think it may be.  I was misdiagnosed around 96 or 97 with interstitial lung disease by a CATSCAN done in Sacramento.  I never told my dh or rest of the family because I did not want them to worry. ( I was told that I had a max of a 5 year lifespan).  Then I moved to Albuquerque in 99-03 and I felt great- my breathing was so much easier.  Then I moved to Belgium, got a new CATSCAN and in Europe, they use more radiation with their scans to prevent misdiagnoses that occur here.  I had absolutely no evidence of interstitial lung disease and I still do not.  But I am so worried about my dd2.  Any prayers, good thoughts, etc are welcome.

• Like 2
  • Sad 22

RSV is really bad for adults this year.  I hope her doctors consider it especially if she is in the south.   Hopefully, it is just one of the nasty viruses going around and nothing serious.  That not covid but worse than a cold virus has a very nasty lingering cough.  My mother is about 6 weeks out from it and is just now the cough is getting much better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

RSV is really bad for adults this year.  I hope her doctors consider it especially if she is in the south.   Hopefully, it is just one of the nasty viruses going around and nothing serious.  That not covid but worse than a cold virus has a very nasty lingering cough.  My mother is about 6 weeks out from it and is just now the cough is getting much better. 

She doesn't think anyone either in the ER or at allergist checked her fir wither RSV or flu

• Sad 2

The CATSCAN was clear both in lungs and abdomen.  She wants her to go to a cardiologist. She is 24 and can still see my concierge doctor tomorrow who has an EKG in the office.  I know he can test for flu in office too. She has no treatment plan right now and still is having trouble breathing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6