Menu

Let's Tackle Tuesday Together

TravelingChris

Good morning!  I am planning to go back to sleep as soon as I type this out.

To Do

Continue laundry

Actually manage to get message to my doctor or get an appt

Insurance/Express Scripts/medical providers ==calling hell, probably most of the day

Tell my son about starting procedures for getting pre-approved

Figure out lunches, dinners for the next few days

• Like 3

Good morning, Chris! I hope you were able to go back to sleep. 

• meals (breakfast and lunch done)
  • two Zoom sessions today
  • look over lessons for tomorrow
  • try to make some decisions on the decorating/furniture situation (our living room furniture doesn't work well at all in our new space because of the location of the fireplace and TV compared to our old set up)
  • more sorting, unpacking, organizing
  • put together the garage shelves (never got to that)
  • play some games
  • watch something, relax 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

I was up 3-4:30am, but after a snack was able to go back to sleep. Tried to get Ds up early to finish his HW and failed. He’s working now, but almost out of time.

Ds to school  

Literacy screenings  

YNAB

Check on mom

Tutor one student 

Pick up CSA box  

Walk! 

Dinner is chx tortilla soup and quesadillas.  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Today I have:
....coffee
....finish prep/printing for 2nd grade, review what I have set, get science stuff ready

....go to the physical bank (in the next "town" over b/c our local one closed during Covid) to deposit a money order that won't let me mobile deposit
...laundry
...send the grocery list for pick up for the week
....work on sewing project
...tacos for dinner
....veg out after (TV?? games?? no idea)

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 3

Well my Dupixent is going to be shipped- finally.  Now I am on chat with a provider who thinks I should pay 477 more when they actually owe me 240.76.  The billing chat person is adjusting now so I hope it is resolved.

I have also resolved the issue of not seeing my insurance claims by logging on w/Firefox v Chrome. As I told my dd2 last week, both Humana Tricare and Express Scripts and a whole lot of other websites need to have clones of her (she is a computer program tester-she finds all the errors of the computer programmers but doesn't have to fix them- and it fits her personality and abilities super well).

Oh and just a minute ago, Express Scripts sent me a text about how I am got a new order and to follow their link- so I did and of course, it still appears as a canceled order- hahahaha 

More medical stuff after this chat is over- she is refunding me the 240.76 so that is good. 

Not sure about lunch and dinner right now.

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 3

I just woke up. Thank you Jesus! He knew I needed a deep, healing sleep. My body was in horrible pain because of all the stress the last few days. 

I didn't want to add more gloom to my posts yesterday; we were called by son's school (after hours- I wonder if they do that on purpose so they don't have to feel parent phone calls) and we're both told that our son was exposed to covid for the first time this year. He's been vaccinated and he's pretty good at wearing his mask in public and in a couple classes at school. The other classes he has a very small group. They literally have the same teacher for two classes and are all participating in the same senior project. He missed his first block due to a doctor's appointment (thank goodness) that was a virtual. 

So, my poor little man and my family are back to quarantine again. My daughter was very upset because she just started her big girl job couple weeks ago. They're all vaccinated. And the class that I desperately wanted to be in person was moved to online yesterday morning, so I feel relieved about that now. 

Please don't quote 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi folks. So far today I have exercised and proofread a cover letter for ds, who is applying for internships for 2022. I'm working towards a deadline for a work project today and tomorrow (it'll be tight!), and I need to do some sewing for ds' set-up at school (loft curtain and a few more masks). While I'm at it, I'd like to order a university tee shirt for my beloved nephew who is a freshman at the same school as ds. We have had so much in-and-out since before dd's wedding it has been almost impossible to maintain any semblance of a regular work schedule. I am really glad to be landed and in one place for a while.

• Like 4

Prayers, MooCow. 

Chris, I hope they get all the medical stuff sorted. How frustrating. 

....finished prepping 2nd grade
....need to triple check which kids need the timelines printed and print those if needed
....started laundry
....took care of some emails
....signed up DH and I for our USA Fencing memberships (so that if we get hurt at practice, the club's insurance covers us)
...ate lunch, took a nap, talked to my mom (she wanted me to come visit and have a "girl's day" with her and my sister, only, my sister is currently annoyed with me over Covid, so I said I'd pass....)
...signed up for next January's mystery quilt class with the same teachers from the one I did this past January that was so fun

Checking the list, see what's next (also need to file some more registrations)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Found out that my concierge doctor and nurse don't read messages on their concierge company's web portal.  Forgot to ask about medication refill status of Zyrtec. Read out the letters I had sent to the nurse and she talked about in general how my doctor doesn't want to have addicts--- well first of all, I have been on pain pills since before 2000.  I have not changed doses since 2012.  And that was during peri-menopause and now menopause where my diseases got a lot, lot, lot worse. Plus I keep getting injured like I did on Aug 12,  Furthermore, I have been with this doctor since 2015 and my pattern has been get 30 or 60 pills for 3 x a day and come back at least 30 days later but often 2 months later since I use as needed.  I need it now since my arthritis meds are not fully working yet, I have an injury, and it is much more preferable for me to take more pain pills (I am only prescribed one a day right now which was an error that I did not realize until I got home and after I started using them), and if he doesn't do anything, I will have to be on super high steroids until Sept 17 or 18 and still be in a lot of pain.  It has made me super anxious too because of my fear of more pain which actually makes my pain worse and makes my bp super high. I can't stop crying right now. And I need to because I need to make more phone calls to health providers.

• Sad 4

@TravelingChris, I'm so sorry you are being treated that way! I pray you get relief from the pain and get someone to help you with the meds.

@MooCow, I'm so sorry he is exposed and you have to quarantine. Praying you all staying well!

The Zoom sessions went well. I love all of my students, and I'm spoiled on how easy they make teaching them.

Dh and I went out to lunch (trying the restaurants in the area), but it was just okay. We stopped by another one and picked up pieces of pie. I made some decaf and had mine (cherry). Then I took a very good nap!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Went to the store to get taco shells and try to cash the MO from the parent. No go on that; DH will take it to our next closest local bank branch (ours closed, I didn't get to the other one today) tomorrow while he's out that direction; hopefully that is easy at least and it goes through with no issues. I need to work up how to ask this person to pay me in cash instead next time, if it stays problematic.  (or checks, or paypal, or zelle....)

Came home, filled out the deposit slip for DH so he can do that tomorrow for me. 

Called about a backordered science book; the company is going to try and get mine sent out in the earlier set of shipments, so we'll see. Hopefully. If so, should ship out on Friday. 

Swapped laundry, folding the load from the dryer now, then will go cook or sew, depending on time. 

• Like 1