Menu

Tackling Sunday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

Sinus headache this morning. I've felt sinus pressure coming on for a couple of days. 

We are going back to the same church this Sunday, but we're going to the early service. It will probably be less crowded and we can distance more.

I'm going to make brownies and cookies this afternoon, then we'll take them up to ds this afternoon. 

Tonight I'll look over my lessons for tomorrow and try to get in bed early. 

Hope you all have a great day! 

• Like 5

Good morning all!! This will be another busy day-the plans are:

Church -done

school-done

Dinner is enchiladas with my mom's recipe-not really enchiladas at all, but that's what she calls it

I really need to balance the checkbook, but I don't see how I can fit it in, Hopefully by Labor Day,I can cut back on my extra hours.

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 5

I thought I made a list yesterday- probably on my phone and never posted.  Yesterday I made blueberry oven pancakes and bacon before dh left for the Ham Radio fest in town.  Then I putted around and not sure what I did for a number of hours.  In the later afternoon, I went to the movies with dd1, dsil, ds, and future ddil,  THen we went oout to dinner===dh didin''t come to the movie or dinner because he was driving 1.5 hours into the mountains near GA to a Boy Scout camp to teach them about astronomical observation for a merit badge.  I watched some tv and read but was asleep before he came home.  

Today

Get dressed and ready for virtual Sunday School on zoom (Mere Christianity by C S Lewis)

do online shopping

do some in person shopping

message my concierge doctor

not sure what else

• Like 4

Good morning! My house is still quiet - letting everyone sleep in and go to the late service this morning. My teens can use a couple extra hours of sleep!

Making coffee now, to go with bacon leftover from yesterday. Trying to be quiet for another 20 mins or so.

• Sunday school and church
  • Visit mom and take stuff Amazon delivered to me instead of her.
  • Send a couple emails
  • Prep cooking - chx into marinade, salad, cut up strawberries. Dinner is burgers, okra roasted with tomatoes, salad, and onion rings.
  • Menu planning.  a little, anyway
  • Walk? 
  • Read and relax
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Hi guys, happy Sunday!  I have "high high hopes" for today!  School starts tomorrow!

Done:

• Worked out grade incentives in the wee hours.
  • Did several online school-related things in the wee hours.
  • Slept.
  • Woke the kids (1st time).
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, news, and social media.
  • Finished coffee 1.

To do:

• More coffee!
  • Make the kids finish their English homework that is due tomorrow.
  • Make the kids print out the school forms I can't print because I'm not in the school's system.
  • Make the kids log into their classes and school emails and get up to date.
  • Inventory and distribute school supplies.
  • Kid1 to haircut and a bit of school shopping.
  • All of the laundry & make the kids plan clothes for the week.
  • Various pup duties.
  • Church with the kids.
  • Sit with the kids and go over school year calendar, chores, grade incentives, activate their debit cards, etc.
  • Review kids' English homework & discuss improvements.
  • Try to get the kids to sleep at a decent hour.
  • Set about 100 alarms for the morning.
  • Whatever else gets done!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DawnM said:
  • clean up the two baskets in the living room full of junk
  • put away large cooler
  • get rid of rebounder
  • clean up some of kitchen
  • get clothing ready for the week

Hey Dawn, did you have a resolution at the trial on Friday?  I have been praying for your family and missed any announcement.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

Hey Dawn, did you have a resolution at the trial on Friday?  I have been praying for your family and missed any announcement.

Kind of.   She says she is agreeing to an open adoption, and I have agreed to pictures 4 times per year but no direct contact.   No phone calls, no texting, and no visits.  If she violates a number of things, it makes the contract null and void.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am happy- didn't have to do any in person shopping.  I was looking for temp hair color because I can't get into my hairstylist until Sept 15 and much of my scalp is grey since I last had coloring in Feb.  I had called dd2 to ask if Ulta had good hair color selections and she warned me that they did but it would probably give me a migraine and asthma issue.  Then she suggested a hair coloring company she uses (to dye her beautiful red hair blue or purple at times) and she is coming this Friday to get her Nucala shot and stay for dd1's bday celebration (dd1 was on vacation for her bday and dh was busy this weekend so we chose the following week for her bday celebration).   She will help me color my hair.

Now to deal with medical bureaucracy.

• Like 1

Well I did do a little bit of medical bureaucracy but hopefully will compose message to my concierge doctor later, after dinner, if I can.  Can't find that my prescription for allergy meds -both biologic at Express Scripts and regular at Army pharmacy have been filled.  More phone calls tomorrow.

Now off to prep and partially cook dinner- filet mignon w/dh's having bacon around it.  Béarnaise sauce (homemade).  Green beans w/bacon.  Oven roasted potatoes.

• Like 1

Done:
Sorted some HW issues with Ds. He struggles to keep up with assignments, turn things in on time, etc. Not sure if he will get things done tonight or not. Doesn't help that his teachers have not all been super clear about some assignments and that the school HW page and gradebook are just now up and running. Hopefully in a week or so, we will all get a rhythm for this stuff and it will be less stressful. 

AHG email.
Scouts email.
Culled my inbox.

Next up: prep cooking, go to the store to buy coffee, maybe walk.  Need to get out of the house. 

• Like 1

Well, I got a lot done today, but not everything I hoped for.  The rest can wait.

The kids finished their long English assignment, and I reviewed it.  Printing it was harder than reviewing it, thanks to internet issues we're having, but we got it done.  Converted to PDF, texted to Mom, and Mom printed it from iphone, after rebooting the printer.  Why can't anything be simple?

School supplies inventoried/bought, distributed, packed into backpacks (after old backpacks were cleaned out).

Laundry is in the dryer.

Church was watched.  School day schedules printed.  Cell phone problem fixed.  Devices charged.  Morning alarms set.

Hair is cut/colored/washed, first day clothes are selected, and I think we're as ready as we can be for Day 1 of 10th grade.

I even did some client work and some extra/unexpected pup stuff.

What I didn't get to:  the kids' calendar stuff, the incentives stuff, and the debit card stuff.  Oh, and the part about going to bed at a decent hour.

• Like 1