Menu

Help me think of a kids' craft for this verse--not judging by appearances

MercyA

I usually have no trouble coming up with crafts for my Sunday School lessons, but this time I'm stumped.

We are reading the picture book A Pig Is Moving In. (Amazon summary: "Henrietta Hen and the other residents of her apartment building are distressed when they learn that their new neighbor is a pig, and assuming all pigs are messy, each animal looks for reasons to dislike the newcomer.") We're going to relate it to John 7:24, which--in a children's version--reads, "Stop judging by the way things look! Be fair, and judge by what is really right.”

Any ideas? Must be simple and able to be completed in about 20-30 minutes.

Thanks!

Edited by MercyA

Can you do a peekaboo door craft?  Under paper: A pig holding a bouquet of flowers.  Over paper: a door frame with a dutch door cut, so that the kids can play with seeing only the head of the piggy first, and see the rest of the piggy when both halves of the door are open.

It might be a little simplistic for the verse in how it's related, but I think a similar idea might work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HomeAgain said:

Can you do a peekaboo door craft?  Under paper: A pig holding a bouquet of flowers.  Over paper: a door frame with a dutch door cut, so that the kids can play with seeing only the head of the piggy first, and see the rest of the piggy when both halves of the door are open.

It might be a little simplistic for the verse in how it's related, but I think a similar idea might work.

Oh my goodness, I love this!!! Thank you!