Menu

Story of the World Activity Guides been re-written, should I sell my originals and buy new?

Janeway

I have the original Story of the Worlds. We love them! But, the activity guides are bound. We hear the maps are way better in the new ones. I am on my last children. Would it be worth it to try to give away or sell off the activity guides I have and then get the digital versions? Or am I better off just keeping these and still working with them? Also, would the new activity guides be compatible with the original books?

Edited by Janeway

• Janeway changed the title to Story of the World Activity Guides been re-written, should I sell my originals and buy new?

Hello,

The new activity guides should work with the 2004 edition of SoTW textbooks.  The only new things in the AG is the book list.  It is more up to date. 

Just perusing, the review questions and projects are the same.  The maps look the same as well.  However, I don't know if the maps are done differently.  I highly doubt it.  It was to my understanding that the new AGs were revised to provide a more recent book list. 

Hope this helps.

Some of the maps ARE slightly different.  I do prefer the artwork in the second versions to that of the first.

That said, I had no problem using the newest editions of the student page pdfs with my original edition activity guides.  The few map instructions that were different we edited on the fly.  I still didn't even try to make the plague doctor mask work and got better instructions online for one. 😄 But the rest was just fine.

• Like 2

These articles in our FAQ will let you know what works and what does not work together.  Basically, the only thing that has to "match" is the audiobook with the text, if you expect your children to read along with the audiobook.  The rest is improvement, not a complete digression.  

https://support.welltrainedmind.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039631973-Tell-me-about-The-Story-of-the-World-Vol-3-Revised-Edition-2020-

https://support.welltrainedmind.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061739273-Tell-me-about-The-Story-of-the-World-Vol-4-Revised-Edition-2021-