Menu

Cat peeps . . .

gardenmom5

He swallowed a pompom off the trim on a throw pillow.  (possibly two - as he did destruction to the trim while I was out.)

Do I need to be concerned of anything worse than he'll throw it up on my carpet?

Edited by gardenmom5

I’d probably call the vet, they can give you ideas of what to look for. Watch for ir/regular litter box use and general temperament. Pay attention to feeding and drinking. Take kitty in if they don’t act normal, just to be sure. 

Are you sure kitty ATE the pompoms and didn’t just play with them?

2 hours ago, MEmama said:

I’d probably call the vet, they can give you ideas of what to look for. Watch for ir/regular litter box use and general temperament. Pay attention to feeding and drinking. Take kitty in if they don’t act normal, just to be sure. 

Are you sure kitty ATE the pompoms and didn’t just play with them?

yes I'm sure he ate at least one, as he did it in front of dudeling. (I pulled another one out of his mouth as he was trying to eat it.).   the question is if he ate one while I was gone.    he's acting normal.  even came and woke me up this morning so I'd feed him.  - didn't eat as much as I expected.

Now he wants out . . . . you're staying inside cat . . . .

Unfortunately yes. We just lost an older cat to some sort of intestinal blockage that the vet could not remove without an extremely expensive surgery in which the odds were not good. We took him home and tried many things to keep him hydrated, fed and to try and pass the blockage and although we did get a few more weeks he did eventually pass.

I would watch his eating and drinking and litter box. Also watch his behavior and if anything seems off get him to the vet. If the cat is young and healthy it is possible he will pass it on his own especially if the cat is larger and the pom pom not so big. But just be on the watch in case he doesn't. 

My cat needed emergency surgery for eating a nerf dart. He vomited a lot. We knew he had eaten it because we saw pieces in the vomit. I think if the cat needed surgery, you'd know because he'd be acting unwell. If he's acting happy, he's probably ok.