Menu

Streaming options

kfeusse

Besides the normal,  Netflix, Hulu and Prime.... what are some other streaming options that you like? 

I prefer options that aren't only live,  but also ones that have past seasons of shows....although the live option isn't necessary.  I like binge watching TV shows. 

Thanks

Youtube sometimes has stuff for free.  Some things are 'chopped up' (to get around charging to watch it), but will auto start for the next piece so it will go.  (I've done this for "The scarlet pimpernel", and Emma with Kate Beckinsale)

1ds set up a plex server and we can stream from that too, though most of what we do with it is predownloaded.  You can downloaded dvds or online streams onto it.   Since he took the server to 1dd's house (where he's currently living - we do need internet.)

and he bought me a nvidia shield? for christmas.  So I can tell it what I want, and it will automatically bring it up and i can choose what source I want to view it from.  (if it's on  multiple sources.)

• Like 1

I like Apple TV+, some of their shows are very good.

We just did a couple months of Paramount+ … I don’t remember what show prompted it, but we watched Picard, and Discovery and then a few of the later Star Trek movies we had not seen in a while.  That was fun.

We pop in and out of HBO and Starz, depending what we want to watch.  

I have Peacock. It's free, and I was able to watch all 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote during the pandemic (well, part of it).

They have several other series on there, but I haven't watched anything else on it.

Edited by cintinative

I have HBO Max free with my cell phone plan. We watch The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Doom Patrol, Key and Peele, Robot Chicken, etc. When the mood strikes, I rewatch Pride and Prejudice (the version with Colin Firth).

When we run out of material to watch on Disney Plus, again (we had it when it first came out, for about 3 months, then ran out of things to watch, so we had cancelled the subscription until this month), our plan is to spend some of our streaming entertainment budget on Britbox. They have Red Dwarf and a lot of other comedy shows.

In the category of what NOT to get, we've previously spent money on Crunchyroll (too many tech problems, the free version is actually better!) and Funimation (limited catalog, free Crunchyroll is better).