Menu

. . .

Drama Llama

It made me giggle in the way that all those things little kids say do.  When my kids say things like that when they are little it is more funny to me then offensive.  I would probably laugh a bit when the child can't see me, but it wouldn't bug me especially if I knew I was bad.  I would have a private conversation with the child and just tell them it isn't nice to point out if someone is bad at a game in front of everyone else.   How doing that hurts people's feelings.   

• Like 1

Glad you added the last sentence, because I was gonna say, you really can't be offended by anything a 7yo says, LOL.  How cute!

My grandniece, then about 9 iirc, outright asked me why I decided to adopt brown babies.  It was obvious she was totally innocent and just wondered if I had a reason.  I love her so much.  🙂

2 hours ago, BaseballandHockey said:

We are having one last family kickball game (with lots of covid mitigation) before my oldest niece niece heads back to college.  We have players from 7 to 90, including 5 players who are grandparents, 3 of them over 80.  

The “grandmas” picked the teams.  My 7 year old niece has taken it upon herself to “childsplain” team picking to her cousin’s grandma and included this tidbit: 

“So the goal is to pick people who are good at kickball.  If someone is bad at kickball you shouldn’t pick them.  For example, don’t pick my brother (who is six weeks old) because he can’t catch (and is the same size as the ball, and is actually not playing) and you REALLY don’t want to pick Aunt Baseball&Hockey ‘cause she’s just bad.”

Just to be clear, we have an elderly player siting in the outfield in a folding chair while my son is standing six feet in front of him playing the position of “Grandpakeeper” and protecting him from balls coming near, and yet somehow the baby and I are the only two bad enough to warrant a specific heads up.  

ETA: I am not actually offended.  Just a silly title as I shared what I thought was a cute story to distract us from the covid worries for a moment.

This is so fantastic! Buy in from multiple generations! Love it!!!

• Like 1