Menu

Almost missed it! But happy Great Cupcake Kerfuffle day!

I talk to the trees

Since that thread went on for days (or more likely weeks), I think we should have aΒ Β whole week of Great Cupcake Kerfuffle AnniversaryΒ Β goodies! It is like Christmas....you don't just get Christmas cookies on Christmas day...you get them for the whole month of December πŸ™‚

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I didn't!Β  I feel like I am missing out.Β  Can someone eplain or link or something?

Can't link. It got deleted in the threatenedΒ lawsuit kerfluffle that resulted in the ruleΒ that we do not post celebrity photos, or photos we do not have rights to.

Explanation: A newish poster posted that they hated homemade cupcakes, etc.Β being allowed at school parties because of old eggs being used to make the cupcakes. The Hive had a ball posting all kinds of outrageous cupcake photos and taking sides - itΒ was a huge debate with many sides being taken through the twists and turns of theΒ debate.Β Mischief and mayhem ensued. But mostly, lots and lots of cupcake photos.Β 

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 10

Just now, fraidycat said:

Can't link. It got deleted in the threatenedΒ lawsuit kerfluffle that resulted in the ruleΒ that we do not post celebrity photos, or photos we do not have rights to.

Explanation: A newish poster posted that they hated homemade cupcakes, etc.Β being allowed at school parties because of old eggs being used to make the cupcakes. The Hive had a ball posting all kinds of outrageous cupcake photos and taking sides - itΒ was a huge debate with many sides being taken through the twists and turns of e debate.Β Mischief and mayhem ensued. But mostly, lots and lots of cupcake photos.Β 

Old eggs?

Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Old eggs?

Β 

Yes. The cupcake baker might have used eggs that had been sitting in their fridge for 3 weeks. πŸ˜‚ It really was an epic complaint about nothing. The ridiculousness of the original complaint is what drove The Hive into a frenzy of increasingly ridiculous cupcake photos.

The OP doubled down and kept adding reasons why they were right and everyone who disagreed was wrong.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

If anyone has the original thread saved, or if someone can find it on the way back machine, we can see how many days it lasted. We can have an annual celebration, complete with the beginning and ending of an official hive holiday season. 🀣

The more I think about it, the more I like it. The easiest holiday ever! A holiday that you don't have to buy gifts for. You can decorate if you want, but you can use what ever decorations you want (including what is already on your walls!Β Β You get to eat as many cupcakes as you want, share them or give them away. Homemade and store bought are totally acceptable.Β  We are an very inclusive group forward thinking group, so muffins, cakes (which is really a giant cupcake if you think about it) or really, any other meal made in a cupcake pan is celebratory! Just add sprinkles to your morning pancakes and the celebration has begun!Β Β If you don't like to cook, but saw a cupcake on the internet.....woo hoo! That counts too!Β 

Come on in and celebrate theΒ Great Cupcake Kerfuffle Hive Holiday Season!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

Can someone remind me how the kilts factored in?Β  I don't remember....

Kilt photos were used to diffuse tension in many threads. There were definitely kilt photos in the cupcake thread. If I remember correctly, there were even kilted cupcakes, and cupcakes decorated like tartans, along with hot men in kilts, eating cupcakes. 😁

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

Kilt photos were used to diffuse tension in many threads. There were definitely kilt photos in the cupcake thread. If I remember correctly, there were even kilted cupcakes, and cupcakes decorated like tartans, along with hot men in kilts, eating cupcakes. 😁

Yeah, I remember SEEING them.Β  I just couldn't remember why they featured so prominently on that thread.Β  Thanks for reminding me.Β  I'd forgotten about the tension!Β  I was pretty uptight in those days.

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tap said:

Since that thread went on for days (or more likely weeks), I think we should have aΒ Β whole week of Great Cupcake Kerfuffle AnniversaryΒ Β goodies! It is like Christmas....you don't just get Christmas cookies on Christmas day...you get them for the whole month of December πŸ™‚

I have a dozen, unfrosted chocolate cupcakes in the freezer. They are nearly six months old. Perhaps it’s time!Β 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My daughter baked cupcakes the other day.Β  I think I even ate the last one this morning.Β  So that means I celebrated, right?

IIRC the cupcake thread was started by a mom who was annoyed by her relative [SIL?], who was a teacher at a school that had rules about goodies that kids could bring for birthdays, but said relative brought rule-breaking cupcakes for her own kid's birthday.Β  It stuck in the OP's craw!Β  [I am laughing out loud as I type this.]Β  There was some back and forth about how annoying sweets in school are, and how wonderful sweets in school are.Β  It got a bit too melodramatic on both sides, and then people just started joking about it.Β  It ended up being probably the most creative thread WTM ever had.Β  Just the amazing variety of cupcake designs.Β  And the tags!Β  Really a shame we had to lose that.Β  I actually used to re-read it from time to time just as a pick-me-up.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 9

Yikes, been a long time! And that Kerry file was after the great "Ken Ham takes on SWB at the Cincinnati Homeschool Convention" which also absolutely epic. Man, we had some legendary threads back in the day.

I miss the days when we could post men in kilt photos. Sadly, too many of them were copyrighted photos so we had to take them all down.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

Yikes, been a long time! And that Kerry file was after the great "Ken Ham takes on SWB at the Cincinnati Homeschool Convention" which also absolutely epic. Man, we had some legendary threads back in the day.

I miss the days when we could post men in kilt photos. Sadly, too many of them were copyrighted photos so we had to take them all down.

I spent so much time I should have been being productive in those threads back then. We were at that convention! It is still the reason my dh won’t go to the creation museum, he’s such a SWB fanboy πŸ˜†

• Like 5

11 hours ago, fraidycat said:

I remember crying with laughter over a picture of Sean Connery in a kilt. A boardie had edited the picture with a thought balloon over his head that read, β€œHello lass, are you wondering what’s under my kilt?” 

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

I remember crying with laughter over a picture of Sean Connery in a kilt. A boardie had edited the picture with a thought balloon over his head that read, β€œHello lass, are you wondering what’s under my kilt?” 

Oh, I remember that one!