Menu

Daily Movement - Tuesday, August 10 - A query about the future?

Jenny in Florida

First, the query: I have been enjoying these daily threads, which have felt more approachable and manageable to me than participating in the monthly Well-Trained Bodies threads for a variety of reasons. However, participation has dwindled significantly since we started, and I'm wondering if it might be time to retire the daily thread. Obviously, there is no obligation to post daily; if folks find it helpful to have these threads available for any reason on any schedule, I'm happy to continue starting them. But I do often feel like I'm mostly talking to myself. So, I'd be interested to hear whether those who do participate/have participated here what we might do to make the threads more active/attractive or whether we should just let them go.

With that out of the way: Happy Tuesday, all!

These threads are for those who'd like accountability and encouragement in doing intentional daily movement. Anyone may join in at any time!

• Like 2

I woke up this morning with Beatles lyrics running through my brain: 

Woke up, fell out of bed
Dragged a comb across my head
Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
And looking up, I noticed I was late
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

Then I took the dog with me for a 3.7K walk and did the usual Tuesday strength and stretching exercises. 

More later to finish off the step count.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 348.5 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 163 Days
West Orange Trail: 10.85 of 22 miles

• Like 1

I've appreciated the thread. I agree there isn't the participation level that we have had, and the feel has changed because of that. 

I'm ok with whatever you (and any others) decide--continuing, changing, discontinuing. I appreciate you taking over the thread and posting it each day! 

--- 

I got lost in a book on my exercise bike today and got an hour of cardio in. Maybe I should go back to reading during that time!

I did my arms and back strength routines. 

• Like 1